Sign in to follow this  
chase_out

alternative view

I''m braced for a kicking.....

I think today could be a kick-start. It shouldn''t be, i''m not excusing, defending or accepting today''s performance in any way, in fact i''m still shocked by the score, but i don''t think we''re a doomed side.

Before today you couldn''t find a forum poster that wasn''t brimming with confidence for the season, the squad was nicely balanced and full of confidence etc etc. There were even people supporting John Otsemobor. Does a potentially good side become **** overnight? I don''t think so.

We''ve still got a goalkeeper who was credited with winning the A-league single handedly (4-4-2 magazine July) and is undoubtedly a capable keeper. (what happened today, I daren''t imagine, but aren''t calls for him never to play again a little OTT? I expect everyone calling for his head to apologise IF he turns it around).

From the other comments today - Nelson isn''t the worst defender ever. He wouldn''t be the captain of a fellow league one side if so. Equally, Tudor Jones isn''t crap. Neither is Holt. Neither is Whaley, Gill or Martin. The Doc might be.

Clearly we''ve a lot more work to do than we expected before today, but i believe today''s was a freak result that will be forgotten by the end of the season. I''m happy to be slated if i''m wrong, but let''s give the team more than one game. Am i the only one to stand by my optimism from before today?

[quote user="chase_out"]

I think today could be a kick-start. It shouldn''t be, i''m not excusing, defending or accepting today''s performance in any way, in fact i''m still shocked by the score, but i don''t think we''re a doomed side.

Before today you couldn''t find a forum poster that wasn''t brimming with confidence for the season, the squad was nicely balanced and full of confidence etc etc. There were even people supporting John Otsemobor. Does a potentially good side become **** overnight? I don''t think so.

We''ve still got a goalkeeper who was credited with winning the A-league single handedly (4-4-2 magazine July) and is undoubtedly a capable keeper. (what happened today, I daren''t imagine, but aren''t calls for him never to play again a little OTT? I expect everyone calling for his head to apologise IF he turns it around).

From the other comments today - Nelson isn''t the worst defender ever. He wouldn''t be the captain of a fellow league one side if so. Equally, Tudor Jones isn''t crap. Neither is Holt. Neither is Whaley, Gill or Martin. The Doc might be.

Clearly we''ve a lot more work to do than we expected before today, but i believe today''s was a freak result that will be forgotten by the end of the season. I''m happy to be slated if i''m wrong, but let''s give the team more than one game. Am i the only one to stand by my optimism from before today?

[/quote]

I agree with you Chase Out - although the reaction is only to be expected.  Its the worst home result in the clubs history

As the pureists claimed a week or so ago, a few friendlys dont make a season - and one hammering doesnt break one either.  If we win the next 9, a lot of the discontent will vanish - but lose the next 2 or 3 and I think the club will lose what good will it had.

[quote user="chase_out"]

[/quote]

Brave post and I''m not going to give you a kicking. We are all great at shooting from the hip OTT especially after the unexpected hiding we got today. But there are many of us who are happy to shout our mouths off whilst in an emotional fit. Thats pretty easy to do in hindsight after the event. Even the most fervent of anti Gunners at the game today probably thought that there was a good chance we would win today and they would have had to be a bit more reserved in their comments had we of done so. But...........1 - 7 and cue the vociferous angry I told you so supporters coming to the fore !!![:D]