Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Is keeping Stefanovic at the club the answer?

Not the quickest and recovering from a major injury, but surely his experience, quality and leadership skills are what''s required here?

Pace isn''t everything, if you have other strong attributes like good feet, timing, reading of the game, standing your man up rather than tackling him to the floor outside the box etc.

I think Stef has most of these apart from pace.

The trouble with Nelson and Doc is that they have hardly any attributes whatsoever.

I know i will get slated as virtually everyone seems to thinks Stef is no good... but he isn''t a crock, this is his first major injury according to his own words, there is nothing to say he won''t recover fine from the injury or that he will be slower as a result. He''s played with teams much better than us and it wasn''t that long ago. Okay he''s expensive, but i really don''t give a crap if he costs a few more k than the average player, i think he can do the job and even better with Askou or Spillane next to him.

Always said Stefanovic and Askou were my preferred pairing. I seem to remember lots of replies saying Donkerty and Nelson.

Bet those who did are revising their opinion................ oh, they have!!!

[quote]Not the quickest and recovering from a major injury, but surely his experience, quality and leadership skills are what''s required here?[/quote]No!!!

Him and Askou CB pairing please. Alnwick will have to come in (obvious - if this doesnt happen then Gunns even worse than we already think), Drury still looks rubbish and the less siad about Ostemebor the better. A new back 5 and lets pretend today never happened.McDonald to start every match - his passion and fight was the one highlight. He should have been Man of the Match, despite only being on for half hour or so.Holt will be okay, the midfield needs to get their acts together, be stronger, pass and move forward - but the whole of the back 5 we saw today - lets, please for the sake of NCFC, never see them again.

[quote user="JTG"][quote]Not the quickest and recovering from a major injury, but surely his experience, quality and leadership skills are what''s required here?[/quote]No!!![/quote]

Why not? Better than Donkerty

[quote][quote user="JTG"][quote]Not the quickest and recovering from a major injury, but surely his experience, quality and leadership skills are what''s required here?[/quote]No!!![/quote]

Why not? Better than Donkerty[/quote]I actually disagree. Stefanovic used to be a very good defender, but is now very poor and this was before his injury. Just ask a Fulham fan ;)

Ha ha ha JTG. Thats kinda cheered me up. Stefanovic''s experience would be invaluable at this level. And to suggest that Donkerty is better.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha pmsl

[quote]Ha ha ha JTG. Thats kinda cheered me up. Stefanovic''s experience would be invaluable at this level. And to suggest that Donkerty is better.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha pmsl[/quote]Lol after today''s ''effort'' I must admit that may seem quite amusing. In his day Stefanovic was twice the player Doc is or ever was, but not any more.