Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

What's the point in a big man up front if we don't have wingers?

Worthy must learn from yesterday, but I''m not convinced by his ''we were excellent'' stuff after the game. He used to do that when we relied on Iwan too much...

Doherty''s role seems pointless - he''s playing the entire game with his back to goal. If we don''t have wingers, no one crosses the ball, hence no point in a big man up front. We gave the ball away far too often yesterday because we had little or no option up front. Time for Svensson or McKenzie to play, that way we''ll keep the ball on the ground instead of the useless hoofing we were doing. I''d also like to see Holt dropped (good battler, doesn''t create anything for us though) and stick Jonson and Bentley on the wings - they can both keep hold of the ball, which is something we desperately need. Safri looks an excellent buy.

I thought we looked strangely comfortable yesterday, but toothless. It reminded me of when we last in the Prem - anyone else get that same feeling (those that can remember that far back..)?

I felt the same, we were never gonna score, but fairly comfortable.  But you don''t get anywhere drawing each game nil nil.  I think we could shove henry up there and he''d struggle with the service from our midfield, some of those balls forward from midfield were awful, is that the sytem or the quality of our midfielders, a bit of both I feel.

It seems to be a flaw with the ''diamond'' in that it means we don''t attack in numbers, or with any width (either that or there is width with no-one in the box except the Doc).   I can only remember 0-0 draws or 1-0''s whenever we''ve used this formation before, which just doesn''t do it for me at home - it is probably absolutely fine for away games where we''re looking to attack on the break, but not at home when we surely need to try to dominate a bit more.  

Safri seems perfect for this formation, as appears to be tailor made for sitting in front of the defence spraying the ball around, but I''m not so sure of Holt being on the left of it, he is very much right-footed; I''d keep this formation for next week and the tougher away games, but change it for the home games.

If anyone is to blame for our negative approach at CR it has to be the coaching staff, the players are simply carrying out their instructions, if it were not for the fact that they are all  tremendously loyal to the shirt and to each other, we would have seen a Beckham type outburst at euro 2004 (were not happy with this diamond Sven) or a Keiron Dyer (im not playing there Sir Bob) tantrum, So get off there backs, they all look to be trying there hardest to me, Its simple really, either the system dosent work at home or the players are having difficulty  implementing it?  maybe one or two are struggling to make an impression and are uncomfortable playing this style but they still work well and will improve, given our support

Unfortunately it has to be quickly!!

I am of the opinion that we play our best attacking football with a 4-3-3 formation, poss''

green

edworthy,chalton,fleming,drury

bentley/helveg,saffri,francis

mcveigh/jonson,mckenzie,huckerby 

(pity we couldnt play 13!!)

doc, holt,svenson,ward 

We may well lose games but with the next 6 games coming up 3 wins, 3 losses will yeald more points than 6 draws,

one other point, It was noticeable yesterday that the moans & groans started, not to any great degree, but never the less we can do without it, when the team play with a high tempo it really lifts the crowd and the noise levels also have a positive effect, come on worthy lets get up the pitch and ruffle a few feathers, best form of defense is to attack 

[quote]Worthy must learn from yesterday, but I''m not convinced by his ''we were excellent'' stuff after the game. He used to do that when we relied on Iwan too much... Doherty''s role seems pointless - he''s pl...[/quote]

Great post and you have taken the words right out of my mouth.

I agree with this pretty much but if we must play with this formation this is the team we need it''s a gauranteed winner at home trust me

englands no1

eddie flem charlton drury

saffri

francis         bentley

hux

mackenzie   doc

subs: ward helveg jonson mcviegh holt

hux needs a freeish role to attack teams with the ball at his feet from a deep position but at the moment when he does do this there''s no support in the box.

I''m not a holt fan at all (apart from his running and effort) he is always in no mans land and never an available option to pass to, not that they pass to him anyway. It spoils my games enjoyment because I can''t take my eyes of him, I''m finding more and more that he is only there to throw his body in front of the ball and that apart, the rest of the team are carrying him. Has anyone else noticed this or am I really too harsh on him. Please worthy drop holt just for one game at least so that I can get back to watching norwich play football again ppppppppllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee

p.s. didn''t jonson look a lot more lively when he came on.Lots of pace