how about!?!

green

edworthy  fleming  charlton  drury

holt

francis           bentley

huckerby

Mckenzie  doherty

what do you guys think?

It''s good but I don''t think you can drop Safri after the way he''s been playing. Swap him over with Bentley and it''s perfect....  for away games when we want to control the midfield and attack on the break but there''s no width and we need something different for our home games.

the problem is huckerby can''t play that hole role the only player capable of that other than bentley(if he even can) is mcveigh. it''s his perfect position and worthy would be crazy not to look at him there.

I don''t think we can play Doherty and Huckerby in the same team, because Doc needs a pair of genuine wingers and a second striker to feed off his knock-downs, and Hucks won''t do any of those things. We could play Doherty and McKenzie, with Brennan and Jonson for the width, but who''d get the goals? I don''t believe in formations - too confusing for the players - but whatever the formation, I want to see Green, Edworthy, Fleming, Charlton, Drury, Safri, McVeigh and Huckerby in the team for home games. I''d probably fill the gaps with Jonson, Francis and Brennan. I am damn sure that McVeigh can do good things - it just baffles me why he hasn''t. I keep thinking that McV and Hux should be a dynamite combination, swapping from left to right and generally confusing the opposition. It''s just got to work...

Just as well I''m not the manager I reckon.

How about a 4-4-1-1?

Bentley is claimed to be the new Bergkamp who plays in the space bewteen his fellow striker and the midfield.  Bergkamp does not normally play in a diamond or 4-3-1-2 formation ie behind 2 strikers.

Given my repeated comparison of Hux to Henry why not go with Bentley playing off Hux shoulder?  That way we could be defensively solid wide with the return of McVeigh and Jonson with Francis and Safri giving the passing, power and depth in the centre.

With the current back 4 (either eddie overlapping on the right or Helveg passing from deep) we should be able to move forward quickly while covering defensively too.

OTBC 

I disagree, you''ve got some interesting suggestions. I agree, Hucks is obviously a ''must'' in the team, but where? His natural tendency to drift out wide when he plays as the second striker means that the the Doc (or whoever) is left very isolated and is struggling to do anything with the ball. If you play Hucks as a left-sided midfielder, it leaves us vulnerable in defence up that side.   

Link NR9: YES, YES , YES.

Hux goes wide isolating Doherty. Poor old Iwan got stick when he had no support. Doc can''t do it on his own when Hux drifts away. He is often waiting there as an inside left rather than as a target man.

Hux natural position seems to me to be wide midfiled with a  brief to cut in. Hux himself needs some options to pass to often on Saturday he was on his charge but there was no one to help except Doc surrounded by central defenders.

So seems to me that we must have Leon or even McVeigh up front to support Doc and give both him and Hux more options.