Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

We'll bounce back....

I know I''ll get flamed for this (as per), but in a funny kind of way, I think what happened today MAY do us a favour.  Surely the humungous cock up''s of today will be addressed, and changes will be made if required.  It could also act as a gigantic wake up call for the players who seemed a bit half arsed in their performance (Doherty anyone), who may have thought this division would be a walk in the park.  Best get that sorted in the first game of the season I say.  Also, what struck me about our players today is that they seemed overcome and a tad frightened of playing in front of that many passionate supporters.   I can''t believe it was the same players who played some good stuff against Wigan the previous week (in front of 9,000).  They couldn''t string two passes together for gods sake, it was almost like the big occasion made them freeze.    I think it''ll take a few games for these new players to get used to playing in front of a premiership sized crowd, as well as getting to know each other on the pitch.  I guess what I''m trying to say is that I think today was a freak, and one that will hopefully do some good regarding the forthcoming fixtures. 

I hope so No Quarter, and we have to believe so. Today was so, out of the blue.

For some strange reason I''m looking forward to Tuesday, to find out what this team is really made of.

Crikey, it is very difficult to find any positives out of a dire result like today''s....there is never a good time to get a 7-1 stuffing, but I guess it may just concentrate the minds if there was a bit of complacency creeping in. It is rather straw clutching though!

The best thing is perhaps that we have 3 away games coming up - time for the players to regroup and hopefully get some wins before they have to face the home crowd again.

Thats what I think.  Playing in front of 8-9,000 must be hugely different from playing in front of nearly 26,000.  I know I''m probably cluthching at straws, but what other option is there??

[quote user="No Quarter"]Thats what I think.  Playing in front of 8-9,000 must be hugely different from playing in front of nearly 26,000.  I know I''m probably cluthching at straws, but what other option is there??[/quote]

We''re just not THAT good.

[quote user="No Quarter"]Thats what I think.  Playing in front of 8-9,000 must be hugely different from playing in front of nearly 26,000.  I know I''m probably cluthching at straws, but what other option is there??[/quote]

Yeah thinking about it you are right, you''ve got an extra 15500 cheering you on, that must be it. [8-)]

How about just accepting we''re crap? Its not hard when its true.

Trying to convince yourself we''re any good and we''ll get better will do you no favours. You''ll just be left disappointed.

[quote user="No Quarter"]I know I''ll get flamed for this (as per), but in a funny kind of way, I think what happened today MAY do us a favour.  Surely the humungous cock up''s of today will be addressed, and changes will be made if required.  It could also act as a gigantic wake up call for the players who seemed a bit half arsed in their performance (Doherty anyone), who may have thought this division would be a walk in the park.  Best get that sorted in the first game of the season I say.  Also, what struck me about our players today is that they seemed overcome and a tad frightened of playing in front of that many passionate supporters.   I can''t believe it was the same players who played some good stuff against Wigan the previous week (in front of 9,000).  They couldn''t string two passes together for gods sake, it was almost like the big occasion made them freeze.    I think it''ll take a few games for these new players to get used to playing in front of a premiership sized crowd, as well as getting to know each other on the pitch.  I guess what I''m trying to say is that I think today was a freak, and one that will hopefully do some good regarding the forthcoming fixtures. [/quote]

you can try and convince yourself all you like, but it aint never gonna happen on Gunn''s watch,

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

How about just accepting we''re crap? Its not hard when its true.

Trying to convince yourself we''re any good and we''ll get better will do you no favours. You''ll just be left disappointed.

[/quote]

Can''t help it, it''s my nature.  If I was to accept that we''re shite, I would have to write off NCFC as a lost cause and give up my season ticket, and I can''t do that.  It would be like admitting you married the wrong person, or you have the wrong friends.  The second you admit it to yourself, you have to do something about it.  So, I shall continue along in my little bubble of optimism.  That''s all I have, and it''s served me ok for 30 years.....

There are always positives!

We found out the whole of our back 5 are useless and at least because it was 7-1 there stands a chance something will be done about it. If it were only 2-1, we might have had to endure it for many more games yet!

Really it''s a negative with a positive slant  lol