Sign in to follow this  
Jamie D

Its just one game, Move on!!!!

I will just keep this simple.Yes 7-1 is a horriffic score to lose to at home BUT this is just one game. I have seen Norwich play alot worse than they did today, the only thing that was different was that Colchester capitalised on our bad play.I just think that it is a bit to far for most of the fans to be chanting "Sack the board" and "Gunn out" This is just one game we have 45 more games left and the season could go either way. I guarantee that if we would have won 7-1 today these boards would have been flooded with "We will walk through League 1" "Promotion here we come" threads. With the occasional "Lets not get to hopeful" thread because ITS ONLY THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Jamie D"]I will just keep this simple.Yes 7-1 is a horriffic score to lose to at home BUT this is just one game. I have seen Norwich play alot worse than they did today, the only thing that was different was that Colchester capitalised on our bad play.I just think that it is a bit to far for most of the fans to be chanting "Sack the board" and "Gunn out" This is just one game we have 45 more games left and the season could go either way. I guarantee that if we would have won 7-1 today these boards would have been flooded with "We will walk through League 1" "Promotion here we come" threads. With the occasional "Lets not get to hopeful" thread because ITS ONLY THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!![/quote]

GET A GRIP!

We CAN move on, but only with some major personnel changes - Alwick, Askou, Hughes and Cody Mac must all be first choice next time and Theoshittalot, Doc and Semmy should never wear the shirt again

[quote user="Jamie D"]I will just keep this simple.

Yes 7-1 is a horriffic score to lose to at home BUT this is just one game. I have seen Norwich play alot worse than they did today, the only thing that was different was that Colchester capitalised on our bad play.
I just think that it is a bit to far for most of the fans to be chanting "Sack the board" and "Gunn out"
This is just one game we have 45 more games left and the season could go either way. I guarantee that if we would have won 7-1 today these boards would have been flooded with "We will walk through League 1" "Promotion here we come" threads. With the occasional "Lets not get to hopeful" thread because ITS ONLY THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I''ll just block it out of my mind shall I, just like I''ve blocked the last six games of last season out -when Gunn got us relegated,

You might be able to, I''m struggling.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]We CAN move on, but only with some major personnel changes - Alwick, Askou, Hughes and Cody Mac must all be first choice next time and Theoshittalot, Doc and Semmy should never wear the shirt again[/quote]in Gunns opinion our best team started....... thats the worrying fact! the clubs a mess!

I have seen Norwich play alot worse than they did today, the only thing that was different was that Colchester capitalised on our bad play.

Ok WHEN?

[quote user="ricky knight"]You have just been nominated prxtt of the week, we lost 7-1 our worst home defeat in history and you have seen worse, god help us.[/quote]

I despair Ricky.............the p.rat deserves non league footy and he will get it............serves the bugger right.

Yes the scoreline was the worst we have had and we played badly. But I think that we played worse against Notts the only reason that the scoreline wasnt as bad as today was because Notts were bad too, just not as bad as us. Like i said we were bad but not as bad as we have been, the scoreline was only made 7-1 by some poor goalkeeping and Colchester were playing quite well. Like their free kick and their 6th goal.

Im not saying it wasnt a disgrace, yes, to lose 7-1 to 25,000 of your fans is horrible. But i just dont see why most fans are seeing this as the beginning of the end!

[quote user="Jamie D"]Im not saying it wasnt a disgrace, yes, to lose 7-1 to 25,000 of your fans is horrible. But i just dont see why most fans are seeing this as the beginning of the end![/quote]

What positives can you take from the game Jamie? That no keeper we ever play can be as bad as Theoclitoris?

The only positive i can take from this game is the fact that we have 45 more games left, its not over yet!!!

You''re right in thinking it''s not over yet, and that we have a lot of games ahead of us.

You''re wrong in thinking that this isn''t the worst we''ve played.

It''s possibly one of the worst opening games for any team ever relegated to a lower division. It is the ABSOLUTE worst home result Norwich has ever had - the previous 6-1 home defeat was way back in the 1940''s.

Sure there''s every reason to be optimistic. But it helps to be realistic too, and all I can envisage is another 45 games of this utter pap. If I''m wrong then all the better but we should have been able to beat a team who are (or should have been) much worse than Norwich are. How will we fare the rest of the season??

[quote]Yes 7-1 is a horriffic score to lose to at home BUT this is just one game.[/quote]

Potentially we have another 45 times to witness a 7-1 defeat (or similar). I know we''re not going to lose every game but if you lose the first game of the season 7-1 at home with a "great" new team you''re in trouble. Ever heard the expression "Start as you mean to go on"?

[quote]I just think that it is a bit to far for most of the fans to be chanting "Sack the board" and "Gunn out"[/quote]

For the last 4-5 years of dross practically anything is acceptable if it means getting the club back as it should.