Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Today and the Rest of the Season.....

Right firstly, this was probably the worst game I have actually seen Norwich play, and I’m sure that is the case for nearly every supporter (that didn’t leave in the first half anyway). BUT we have to face it, we can moan and shout at every single member of staff at the club, from the players, the manager, the board even the kit man, but that will get us know where. I fear we will be stuck with Gunn for the season, unless this wasn’t a freak game, then the board/him will have no choice.

From today I really really hope that isn’t the basis of our opinions of the players, the only ones who really stood out for me are Grant Holt, Cody Macdonald, Hoolahan to an extent, and Drury to an extent (the fact he was the only defender who didn’t give them a goal, he even made tackles and blocks, contrary to many peoples opinion of him). I thought Whaley, Nelson and Gill looked very poor, and on that performance, wondered why they have come to the club, but as I said I don’t think they can be fully judged. But the same problems keep occurring.

A month or so back, I got laughed at for my ‘obvious’ post about what needed to happen, well why? The club don’t seem to know. Gunn is not a manager end of, the style in which we play has not changed for a long time, he doesn’t even realise that something desperate is needed to get some respect out of a result, 5-0 down and no subs, and then when he decided to make one, look what happens, he brings on a player who looks to have the most talent at the club (who I personally think, could have kept us up, given more playing time). As we all know a long series of poor decisions, from big ones like who the manager is, to small ones like team selection/subs ect.

From now we need to regroup, I don’t think Gunn will leave, but If he can’t make a simple team work together, and not lose by 6 goals to a team we thrashed 2 seasons ago, then I will join in with any protests against him. (on another note, what kind of idiots think protesting to get Delia out will work SHE OWNS PART OF THE CLUB she can’t be ‘sacked’ she is in charge, and unless she continuously lies, she is actually trying to sell, something a premiership side will find hard to do nowadays). I noticed an advert for another open training session, I will go this time, and see what they do, because it is very obvious what should be done in training, almost anyone could tell them what to do.

I think we will still go up, but will take a lot more work than expected, Gunn needs to buck up his ideas, and actually give the players real instructions, the blame should be shared between manager/coaches and the players. It doesn’t look anywhere near as positive as it did at 3:00pm today, but we can still do it!!!!

OTBC (please, keep the ball… and do something with it)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Right firstly, this was probably the worst game I have actually seen Norwich play, and I’m sure that is the case for nearly every supporter (that didn’t leave in the first half anyway). BUT we have to face it, we can moan and shout at every single member of staff at the club, from the players, the manager, the board even the kit man, but that will get us know where. I fear we will be stuck with Gunn for the season, unless this wasn’t a freak game, then the board/him will have no choice. From today I really really hope that isn’t the basis of our opinions of the players, the only ones who really stood out for me are Grant Holt, Cody Macdonald, Hoolahan to an extent, and Drury to an extent (the fact he was the only defender who didn’t give them a goal, he even made tackles and blocks, contrary to many peoples opinion of him). I thought Whaley, Nelson and Gill looked very poor, and on that performance, wondered why they have come to the club, but as I said I don’t think they can be fully judged. But the same problems keep occurring. A month or so back, I got laughed at for my ‘obvious’ post about what needed to happen, well why? The club don’t seem to know. Gunn is not a manager end of, the style in which we play has not changed for a long time, he doesn’t even realise that something desperate is needed to get some respect out of a result, 5-0 down and no subs, and then when he decided to make one, look what happens, he brings on a player who looks to have the most talent at the club (who I personally think, could have kept us up, given more playing time). As we all know a long series of poor decisions, from big ones like who the manager is, to small ones like team selection/subs ect. From now we need to regroup, I don’t think Gunn will leave, but If he can’t make a simple team work together, and not lose by 6 goals to a team we thrashed 2 seasons ago, then I will join in with any protests against him. (on another note, what kind of idiots think protesting to get Delia out will work SHE OWNS PART OF THE CLUB she can’t be ‘sacked’ she is in charge, and unless she continuously lies, she is actually trying to sell, something a premiership side will find hard to do nowadays). I noticed an advert for another open training session, I will go this time, and see what they do, because it is very obvious what should be done in training, almost anyone could tell them what to do. I think we will still go up, but will take a lot more work than expected, Gunn needs to buck up his ideas, and actually give the players real instructions, the blame should be shared between manager/coaches and the players. It doesn’t look anywhere near as positive as it did at 3:00pm today, but we can still do it!!!! OTBC (please, keep the ball… and do something with it)[/quote]

Exactly, we have had no one at the club who can get them to play with any flair or passion. Today it was back to Hoofball and not being able to find our own players.

I just hope that everyone isn''t going to judge the whole season based on one admittedly particularly woeful performance.

Most of us were - quite legitimately - optimistic about the forthcoming season, and this will have knocked a lot of stuffing out of that, but surely that can''t all be blown away in one game, can it?

A couple of points Gingerpele.

I don''t think you can exclude the Doc from this utter shambles. I know it''s not his fault that he was made captain and that he is selected to play but he was truly awful today and was no better than Nelson.

As captain he did not appear to lead but then why should we expect him too. he isn''t a natural leader. Come to think of it nor is Gunn.... of dear oh dear.

You also mentioned that Delia is trying to sell the club but apparently Harris has now confirmed that a lot of us have feared/known for a long time. His instruction is to find investors not buyers. Well surprise surprise he can''t find anyone.

Our only hope as far as i can see is that the new board members will simply not put up with this shamateurism for much longer.

If there is no change, I fear we will continue downwards.