Sign in to follow this  
The Hoff

Did anyone feel sorry for Theoklitos?

I did actually, poor bloke on his debut and not helped by inept defending did not once look to the Barclay.

Yes. He had a shocker, I agree he must have wanted the ground to swallow him up or the 90 mins finish as quickly as possible. Getting sarcastically cheered for catching the ball is not something any keeper would want. So I felt a bit sorry for him. He''ll do very well to get this off his back. I dont think he will.

Yes, 25,000 people cheering everytime you touched the ball, letting in all those goals, being booed is going to be embarrising and make you feel really bad but can''t say he didn''t deserve it. They get paid alot of money, if they don''t perform they should expect it.

Yes I did to and what was most frustrating was that having watched him command his area and play fairly well last week against Wigan, he completly lost it today. And as much as todays game was the worst I have ever seen from a city side I feel that at some point and maybe sooner rather than later he needs to be given another chance. The rest of the team need to shoulder some blame to

[quote user="Cov Canary"]Yes I did to and what was most frustrating was that having watched him command his area and play fairly well last week against Wigan, he completly lost it today. And as much as todays game was the worst I have ever seen from a city side I feel that at some point and maybe sooner rather than later he needs to be given another chance. The rest of the team need to shoulder some blame to[/quote]

Your right Cov Canary. There were plenty of players who should share the blame.

I did a bit but then I thought sod it... He''s paid to do it and he doesn''t look remotely capable.

If can''t stand the heat you shouldn''t be in the kitchen.

My opinion may change in the future but the way I feel at the moment I could happily never see him in a City shirt again.

I hope that people will give him the benefit of the doubt when he next plays for us at home.  We''ve got 135 points to play for, after all.

NOOOOO when a player any player puts in a performance like that they should expect the fans to turn, its called football some players need to toughen up Jeez if a bit of booing gonna put them off what a loada pansies. It part of it we pay our hard earned money into that club to support our team and watch the players who we pay there wages for if ANY player puts in that performance like today they should expect it , Theo has gotta put a hell of lota hard work and blooming practice to win back the fans and to right. Todays performance was not exceptable at all. Its the fans that do not portray there anger and frustration and are all nicey nicey that contribute to the situation consitant protesting and making our voices heard will help change the core problems of this club, such as the board and the manager.

If it was a regular non-appearance then fair enough.  This is a horrific debut, a one-off hopefully.  Let''s not wreck a career over it.  Oh, and if I were you Yellow15, I''d stick to staying in crowds, you''re much safer yelling abuse from in them than standing in front of them.

I did. I thought he was left high and dry by his defence. There was no cover, no tracking back - and what in cock Semmy thought he was doing with that back pass I''ll never know. I think he needs an arm around the shoulder rather than a load of abuse.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If it was a regular non-appearance then fair enough.  This is a horrific debut, a one-off hopefully.  Let''s not wreck a career over it.  Oh, and if I were you Yellow15, I''d stick to staying in crowds, you''re much safer yelling abuse from in them than standing in front of them.
[/quote]

Oh i would very happily say it to there faces and thats what Gunn needs to do, get it into there heads to pull themselves together who the hell is really controlling and moulding them players into a TEAM , i would quite happy say it

Tend to agree, ackney - haven''t seen anything of the goals other than what I saw at the game (and stuck out the whole 90 mins!), but to lay all the blame at Theo''s door is surely unfair. IMO he was, from my first look, probably culpable for 2, but def not the first....and we did let in 7!

I just hope he is given a fair chance by some supporters, but from the sarcastic cheers whenever he went for the ball, I think it will take a lot of winning them over.

yes, in the end they are all people like us, i also feel sorry for gunn quite a lot, he is soo poor at his job, but wants to do well/ deserves to do well. but his bbc interview does him no good almost laughing at the fact he is probably only footballing person in history to lose 7-1 as player and manager

His performance was no worse than Marshall for you away to Sheffield at the end of the previous season.  And you paid close on a million pounds for that.

The one where you "just stayed up" - no thanks to Marshall in that game.  Dreadful goalkeeping.

You were lucky to get half the price on the sale.

The thing that concerns me about Theo is that he was supposedly Gunn''s number one transfer target and the wheels come off within 20 minutes of his debut?  Oh joy!

Yes, I did. It was bad bad bad. But the abuse was beyond the pale. As a chap I feel sorry for him.

[quote user="Retarded Turtle"]The thing that concerns me about Theo is that he was supposedly Gunn''s number one transfer target and the wheels come off within 20 minutes of his debut?  Oh joy!
[/quote]

No Holt was his number one target.  Colchester matched your offer but he chose Norwich as a location which is fair enough.

To be fare he had a shocker but can you really blame it all on him?? The performance was shocking doherty was awful for the frst 2 goals, I had high expectations for this season but now I feel its going to be a very very long season. What ever happened to the Norwich City I once knew?