Sign in to follow this  
Fraz

I blame the midfield!

I think its fair to say that Theo had a howler to day & looked bad on 4 of the goals as did Nelson who was a real passenger today.My point is that our Midfield was awful, it didn''t click and we had no organisation.  The Midfield from a defensive point of view were non existant, I felt they offered no help to the defence what so every and were to lightweight to compete.  If we have a midfield that lets the other team run through them we are bound to get thrashed.Simon whaley - what position was he playing to day? because Hoolihan has a free role, you can''t have one as well.  I thought he was a winger but can''t remember him putting in a cross or trying to beat his man.All this said I could flip this all round and not blame the players but the coaching staff for not getting the players ready for the start of the season, maybe Gunn has got some good player but has failed to get fitmess & sharpness up to the acceptable levels of league 1 football.

yeh... Whaley and Semi seemed to be having some talks for the first 30 mins about over lapping and positioning, then they both seemed to turn off and play their game at 3-0 if not 2-0

i don''t give a shit!  unless the midfield were playing in goal or centre half at times, how do you blame the midfield?!?  Don''t get me wrong, Semi, Drury, Nelson & specially Doc were shit but Wes looked the best player on the park!  OTJ also looed quite handy,

Most of their goals were from long balls so how can you blame the midfield. Why don''t you blame the strikers as well for not scoring 8.

Doc was poor but made to look like Bobby Moore by the total carthorse which is Nelson possibly the worst centre back to play for norwich .....ever.

The midfield were non existant and are probably a longer term worry than the defence that surely cannot be that bad again????  However there is no doubt that yesterdays goals were defensive blunders only and none of the 5 come out with any credit and all probably deserve to be dropped.

OTJ and GIll were both as ineffective, as was Whaley,   while Hoola was starved of the  ball despite looking like he could have an impact but ended up thinking he is (and to an extent he is right - he is) better than the rest of the shower of it around him and tried to beat them on his own so ended up losing possession too easily.

Adeyemi and Hughes to start for me, Hoolahan and Whaley,  with WLY on the bench for ability and experience, with OTJ as the least least effective from yesterdays game