Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Anyone Else Still on a state of shock

A great sunny day, new signings and a capacity crowd what could have been better for a start to a season. Noone could have predicted the horror show that unfolded before our eyes against a side that struggled in league 1 last season.We are a national laughing stock and be have dropped to new lows that i have to keep pinching myself. I could have accepted even this result if it had been the first game in a higher league but the first in a lower one. They are obviously a group of players who will get better simply from the fact that they have hardly played together before but there are some obvious weaknesses. The Goalkeeper cannot play another home game in my view after this, there is no way back for him after such a display and who could have signed a player in such a vital position without any British experience. Osemabour was hopeless as he has been since he first joined the club and Docherty had for me the worst game i have ever seen him have. It is difficult to comment on Nelson, he was poor but with the goalie behind him and Docherty and Osemabour either side what do you expect. The next 3 games arew away from home now and anything short of a couple of wins will turn the pressure on Gunn and the Board before the end of August.

Still am, when I woke up I thought it was a dream (Nightmare more like).

Gunny we were outclassed, more so than when we outclassed Sutton Utd all those years ago and there was at least a 7 division difference between the teams then.

I just turned my computer on for the 1st time since getting home yesterday to see what the fallout was like on here. I think I must be a bit simples in the brain department because a lot of people have some very definite ideas as to exactly what happened yesterday and why. I on the other hand have never been so uncertain of anything! I know that we''re sick, very sick but I can''t get any kind of realistic yardstick on our prognosis or whether we can recover. The day was too surreal to assess. Weirdest football match I''ve ever seen.

I think it a little unfair to say Colchester struggled in League One last season.  Had we had Lambert as Manager from the off it is highly likely that we would have made the playoffs.  We finished exactly mid table.

Shock!! More in a state of mourning! Stuck some heavy classical music to ''cheer'' myself up.I was going to go to the pub today but just can''t face it now.

I got home after the game, didn''t say a word to anyone on the way back to the train station, on the train or until about 15 mins after i got through the door.

The only time i spoke after leaving the protest was to answer when a City fan in Oulton Broad asked me what the score ended up us.

I actually thought it was a bad dream when I woke up, just watched the goals again and the defending looks even worse after a nights sleep. I can''t ever remember seeing us defend so badly as we did yesterday, if Doc and Nelson play together to often we can expect more of the same I''m afraid and that waste of space Otsemebor looks bad even at this level.

I can''t belive that a team can be so poor in front of a full house on the first day of a new season, I felt hopeful things would be different before yesterdays game but my optimism has completely disappeared after watching that garbage.

Imo if you add the performances of the last 6 games of last season to yesterdays pathetic effort Gunn deserves to be sacked but you just know if he did go that Smith and co would give the job to Butterworth who is as guilty as Gunn for what happened yesterday and last season.