Sign in to follow this  
BudgiePluckerITFC

Was Bobby Robson's tribute well supported today?

Seeing as Colchester''s 3000 odd fans all hate us and you lot and us have never been particularly close, just wondered if the minute''s applause for Sir Bob was observed? I''d like to think we''re not all bitter and twisted enough to refuse to clap for a recently deceased legend, no matter what........

[quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]Seeing as Colchester''s 3000 odd fans all hate us and you lot and us have never been particularly close, just wondered if the minute''s applause for Sir Bob was observed? I''d like to think we''re not all bitter and twisted enough to refuse to clap for a recently deceased legend, no matter what........[/quote]Absolutely. Good job it wasn''t a minute''s silence though as that would have been ruined by two c*nts in Barclay block E below me.

The support for Sir Bobby was expectedly fantastic. I recall hearing a "there''s only one Bobby Robson" chant amongst the masses of applause.

[quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]Seeing as Colchester''s 3000 odd fans all hate us and you lot and us have never been particularly close, just wondered if the minute''s applause for Sir Bob was observed? I''d like to think we''re not all bitter and twisted enough to refuse to clap for a recently deceased legend, no matter what........[/quote]

Colchester fans made some booing which was out of order, everyone else respected it including the NCFC players who probably gave Sir Bobby a wry smile by beating us 7-1.

impeccable ...i don`t mind admitting it almost bought a tear to my eye..not as much as the next 90 minutes did  though  [:''(]

From where i was it looked well respected to me, although i should say, next time i might clap more slowly as the 1 minute clap gets tiring!

[quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]Seeing as Colchester''s 3000 odd fans all hate us and you lot and us have never been particularly close, just wondered if the minute''s applause for Sir Bob was observed? I''d like to think we''re not all bitter and twisted enough to refuse to clap for a recently deceased legend, no matter what........[/quote]

Whatever our differences as fans we still know what respect is, and that man deserves all the respect he recieved from us nc fans.[:)]

Yes, although when the funny man on the speaker thing said "he enjoyed managerial spells at newcastle , etc" when he said ipswich a few started to boo.

It seemed to be well observed from where I was in the Barclay, if there was 3k col who fans there I don''t know where the other 1k were.

[quote user="Brendan"]Yes, although when the funny man on the speaker thing said "he enjoyed managerial spells at newcastle , etc" when he said ipswich a few started to boo.[/quote]

To be fair,i did hear it,but it was nothing nasty or malicious.It only lasted as long as it takes to say ipswich!!And the applause was well observed!

The tribute to Bobby Robson was impeccably observed, including chants of "theres only one Bobby Robson" and extra applause when mention of him managing England was made.

Colchester brought 1700 fans today.

I am sure they all went home very happy and convinced that they will win league  1.

Unfortunately for them they are unlikely to meet a more useless bunch of incompetent toxxers than they met today.

I was proud of both sets of fans, the applause was deafening and the ''''theres only one Bobby Robson'''' rang out loud and clear.

Was a slight whimper when they read out his history and Ipswich was mentioned but it wasn''t nasty and didn''t detract from the tribute.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I was proud of both sets of fans, the applause was deafening and the ''''theres only one Bobby Robson'''' rang out loud and clear.

Was a slight whimper when they read out his history and Ipswich was mentioned but it wasn''t nasty and didn''t detract from the tribute.

[/quote]

I thought the booing by the Colchester fans when Bobby''s Ipswich chapter was mentioned wasn''t what we all hoped for..........ironic cheers would''ve been better perhaps.

It was well observed and was a very touching moment. Apparently we''re going to hold a memorial service for our club before the Wycombe game......

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Yeh that " Only one Bobby Robson" chant was pretty damn epic.Colchester fans booed when the word Ipswich was read out, had me chuckle but im sure there were some Norwich voices in their.Colchester fans also got sympathy for us at the end of the 2nd half at about the 2343434 - Nil mark by singing " We hate Ipswich more than you" which was quite funny !!