Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

A bit of perspective

I am as devastated as the next fan but really think some of the outbursts on here a getting a bit silly.

At the end of the day, this was an atrocious result precipitated by some dreadful mistakes but it is 1 game out of 46.

We have a new squad with no experience of playing together and they are going to take time to gel. Sure we need to make changes and players need to understand the level of performance that is expected of them, but hardly think this is a sure indication that we are going to be relegated etc as many posters seem to be saying.

There was so much positivity on this site on Friday and do not think it should disappear so fast.

I know I am going to get slated for this but feel somebody needs to say something that is not just complete doom and gloom.

OTBC

It was 7-1!!!!  The biggest home defeat in the clubs history!!  That, in case you''re not aware, is over 100 years, and over 20,000 of us were there to witness it!!  Were you??

Admittedly not, I am out of the country at the moment so will not be getting to a game until Brentford.

I admit this absence helps a bit with the pain!

But seriously, one game in what would you do?

[quote user="rjwc22"]I am as devastated as the next fan but really think some of the outbursts on here a getting a bit silly. At the end of the day, this was an atrocious result precipitated by some dreadful mistakes but it is 1 game out of 46. We have a new squad with no experience of playing together and they are going to take time to gel. Sure we need to make changes and players need to understand the level of performance that is expected of them, but hardly think this is a sure indication that we are going to be relegated etc as many posters seem to be saying. There was so much positivity on this site on Friday and do not think it should disappear so fast. I know I am going to get slated for this but feel somebody needs to say something that is not just complete doom and gloom. OTBC[/quote]i''m not going to slate you as a lot of the stuff on here is a bit pathetic but it''s not 1 game, it''s Gunn''s last 20 games, think he''s only won 3, he has been found out now that he''s not up to the job!

[quote user="rjwc22"]Admittedly not, I am out of the country at the moment so will not be getting to a game until Brentford.

But seriously, one game in what would you do?[/quote]Sack Gunn without a moment of hesitation!

[quote user="rjwc22"]I am as devastated as the next fan but really think some of the outbursts on here a getting a bit silly.

At the end of the day, this was an atrocious result precipitated by some dreadful mistakes but it is 1 game out of 46.

We have a new squad with no experience of playing together and they are going to take time to gel. Sure we need to make changes and players need to understand the level of performance that is expected of them, but hardly think this is a sure indication that we are going to be relegated etc as many posters seem to be saying.

There was so much positivity on this site on Friday and do not think it should disappear so fast.

I know I am going to get slated for this but feel somebody needs to say something that is not just complete doom and gloom.

OTBC[/quote]Finally someone talking some sense!!

If football has taught us anything it is that anything can happen. Lightning can strike many times, but it is also possible that this was the low point.

If we go on to win the next 6 games in a row, will this result still indicate that NCFC are over as posters are claiming?

If we sack Gunn will we not also need to replace a lot of the signings he made?

I am not ready to call this yet, and I did not want Gunn permanently (I wanted Jim Gannon).

[quote user="rjwc22"]Admittedly not, I am out of the country at the moment so will not be getting to a game until Brentford. I admit this absence helps a bit with the pain! But seriously, one game in what would you do?[/quote]

!, sack Gunn

2, release the keeped with immediate effect

3, release Matt Gill.      Ditto.

4, keep Stevanovic. Make him captain

5, Don''t play Docerty or Drury.keep them as squad players.

6, Martin has not improved.

7, Delia if she will  not sell then  allow the new C/E to same some very harsh and uncomfortable decision.  

And that is just for starters.

Some of the stuff on here is getting pathetic now.  Nothing we can say or do will change anything, it is plainly obvious Delia will not sell and unless things get to the stage where we are staring relegation in the face will Gunn either be fired or step down.He''s going to pick the team he wants, no polls on here saying if we want player X to play will change that.  Yesterday was one atricious game, however, losses such as this often as not kick start a season.  In no way am I condoning the crap on show yesterday however, if we, as fans have to forget about it, however hard it may be and get behind whatever team Gunn, thinks is his best.Right now Delia will not sell because some people protested and honestly I don''t think she would if 24000 people protested, at the end of the day we are her play thing and Gunn is her puppet.  We must simple watch in horror at the show. 

[quote user="rjwc22"]Admittedly not, I am out of the country at the moment so will not be getting to a game until Brentford.

But seriously, one game in what would you do?[/quote]I''d admit that we were utterly shocking and place the blame squarely on our poor excuse for a manager.

[quote user="rjwc22"]If football has taught us anything it is that anything can happen. Lightning can strike many times, but it is also possible that this was the low point.

If we go on to win the next 6 games in a row
, will this result still indicate that NCFC are over as posters are claiming?[/quote]But we won''t will we? Gunn is on borrowed time and he knows it. But he may survive. he needs to win 2 of the next 3 matches - and six of the next ten - or not lose more than 2 of them. That is why I am sure big changes will be made for the next game. Korey Smith, Spillane, Lappin - and maybe even Russell if his attitude is right.

This was the worse defeat in most Norwich City fans lifetime, we all need to get used to this because it isnt going to get any better quickly especially with the back four and goal keeper fieled yesterday.

It was boys against men and the sad thing is this time its not Blackburn Rovers with their millions in the Prem its little old Colchester how far have we really dropped since then. I think we will remember this result for the rest of our lives, I just hope its a turning point and its enough to change things for good at Carrow Road, we have a long way to sort this out now but at least its the 1st game!