Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Come on Yeovil, Exeter and Wycombe.......

Lets hope these 3 teams stuff us then hopefully Mcnally would have seen enough and gives BG the boot.I would happily take 3 more defeats and it be the end of BG.    We then have 43 games in which to get us out of this league with a proper manager (Boothroyd!!!!!!!)Crooky can go as well.    Thanks for the tip offs, David Carney and Theocletus have definately brought something to this football club that we never forget.

I''m inclined to agree with Flashheart, i''l never ever wish defeat upon City nor cheer on our opposition.

It''s disgusting, if you want Gunn out or Delia out you should have stayed with those of us protesting outside the city stand yesterday.

I dont care how useless a manager is ... how bad the board are ... i will never, ever hope to lose. And yes i realise that will paint me as bad as Delia in some peoples eyes ... but I am a Norwich City Fan ... live with it.

Perhaps because I dont think that is actually possible with the current manager.My mate has been saying for weeks, great signings but now you just need a proper manager.  How right he was.BG has now track record of getting clubs out of this type of situation.   We have no idea how badly the players confidence has been knocked after yesterday but I just dont feel BG is the man to lift them

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I don''t get it. Why not just hope that we absolutely slaughter them and get our season back on track? [*-)]
[/quote]

Exactly. Yesterday was horrific, but at no point am I going to hope we lose. I''ve seen that happen far to much the last couple of seasons anyway.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I don''t get it. Why not just hope that we absolutely slaughter them and get our season back on track? [*-)][/quote]Exactly!! Why go down the route of making horrific wishes like that? I''ve never understood that. I wish that we can go away from home and turn it around. I still think there''s a squad there. Bring some points back home.

[quote user="Duffman"]Perhaps because I dont think that is actually possible with the current manager.My mate has been saying for weeks, great signings but now you just need a proper manager.  How right he was.BG has now track record of getting clubs out of this type of situation.   We have no idea how badly the players confidence has been knocked after yesterday but I just dont feel BG is the man to lift them[/quote]So in essence you''re wishing a manager to fail for the long term good of the club. Didn''t many of us do the same with Worthington, Grant and Roeder? [:|]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Duffman"]Perhaps because I dont think that is actually possible with the current manager.My mate has been saying for weeks, great signings but now you just need a proper manager.  How right he was.BG has now track record of getting clubs out of this type of situation.   We have no idea how badly the players confidence has been knocked after yesterday but I just dont feel BG is the man to lift them[/quote]So in essence you''re wishing a manager to fail for the long term good of the club. Didn''t many of us do the same with Worthington, Grant and Roeder? [:|][/quote]Yes but the people who appointed all those manager, BG included, have since left this football club.    The one thing I do still believe in is the current CE and the new chairman.   I guess im still just frustrated and emabarrased.   It cannot, please god, get any worse so lets just cut Gunn loose before he drags us down to Burton Albion and Accrington Stanley.

Ousting out managers does very little if you are convinved that the directors will only appoint another shocker as a replacement. The solution to this: Oust out the prats making the decisions! Only then will we stand any hope of getting in someone half bloody decent! Thus, wishing the team to lose seems a bit pointless if you''re of the opinion that our problems stem from the directors. I think the best we can hope for is that City start winning so we can put yesterday behind us. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I don''t get it. Why not just hope that we absolutely slaughter them and get our season back on track? [*-)]
[/quote]

agreed if after like 10 games we are rock bottem then yh people can say that but its only the first game of the season 45 more to go!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ousting out managers does very little if you are convinved that the directors will only appoint another shocker as a replacement. The solution to this: Oust out the prats making the decisions! Only then will we stand any hope of getting in someone half bloody decent! Thus, wishing the team to lose seems a bit pointless if you''re of the opinion that our problems stem from the directors. I think the best we can hope for is that City start winning so we can put yesterday behind us. [Y][/quote]Did you not read my post at all?The new CE and chairman are the only ones I have faith in and they are responsible for appointing new managers.   David Mcnally would NEVER have appointed BG as the football manager of this club and that is a FACT.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ousting out managers does very little if you are convinved that the directors will only appoint another shocker as a replacement. The solution to this: Oust out the prats making the decisions! Only then will we stand any hope of getting in someone half bloody decent! Thus, wishing the team to lose seems a bit pointless if you''re of the opinion that our problems stem from the directors. I think the best we can hope for is that City start winning so we can put yesterday behind us. [Y][/quote]Did you not read my post at all?The new CE and chairman are the only ones I have faith in and they are responsible for appointing new managers.   David Mcnally would NEVER have appointed BG as the football manager of this club and that is a FACT.[/quote]I read your post after I''d posted mine.Delia still calls the shots since she''s majority shareholder. Thus, if she wants something her way she''ll get it and there''s fluck all anyone else can do about it. What good are the new board members if they wield no influence? [8-)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Sadly I have to agree with this sentiment, we need rid of team Gunn quickly to prosper, so bring on the defeats.[/quote]Wiz, you appear to have changed your tune. How unusual. Ten games, wasn''t it? Or did you think yesterday so calamitous that you have lurched to adopt a new position without really thinking it through?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ousting out managers does very little if you are convinved that the directors will only appoint another shocker as a replacement. The solution to this: Oust out the prats making the decisions! Only then will we stand any hope of getting in someone half bloody decent! Thus, wishing the team to lose seems a bit pointless if you''re of the opinion that our problems stem from the directors. I think the best we can hope for is that City start winning so we can put yesterday behind us. [Y][/quote]Did you not read my post at all?The new CE and chairman are the only ones I have faith in and they are responsible for appointing new managers.   David Mcnally would NEVER have appointed BG as the football manager of this club and that is a FACT.[/quote]I read your post after I''d posted mine.Delia still calls the shots since she''s majority shareholder. Thus, if she wants something her way she''ll get it and there''s fluck all anyone else can do about it. What good are the new board members if they wield no influence? [8-)][/quote]You seriously believe that Delia Smith has input into the managers?    I am no fan of hers but I dont think she can foot the blame for Grant, Roeder and Gunn.    I know to the outsiders it looks like a non-footballing person is picking these managers but I truly the previous chairman and CE do the interviews and pick their man and then approach Delia to get confirmation and she trusted Doncaster and Munby and that was her biggest mistakes.    That has been resolved and now we would have new men picking the next manager of this club and I trust them to approach Delia to rubber stamp the contract of a REAL football manager

[quote user="Ackney Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]Sadly I have to agree with this sentiment, we need rid of team Gunn quickly to prosper, so bring on the defeats.[/quote]

Wiz, you appear to have changed your tune. How unusual. Ten games, wasn''t it? Or did you think yesterday so calamitous that you have lurched to adopt a new position without really thinking it through?
[/quote]

A 1-7 opening home defeat sort of forces sudden changes don''t you agree Ackney?

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ousting out managers does very little if you are convinved that the directors will only appoint another shocker as a replacement. The solution to this: Oust out the prats making the decisions! Only then will we stand any hope of getting in someone half bloody decent! Thus, wishing the team to lose seems a bit pointless if you''re of the opinion that our problems stem from the directors. I think the best we can hope for is that City start winning so we can put yesterday behind us. [Y][/quote]Did you not read my post at all?The new CE and chairman are the only ones I have faith in and they are responsible for appointing new managers.   David Mcnally would NEVER have appointed BG as the football manager of this club and that is a FACT.[/quote]I read your post after I''d posted mine.Delia still calls the shots since she''s majority shareholder. Thus, if she wants something her way she''ll get it and there''s fluck all anyone else can do about it. What good are the new board members if they wield no influence? [8-)][/quote]You seriously believe that Delia Smith has input into the managers?    I am no fan of hers but I dont think she can foot the blame for Grant, Roeder and Gunn.    I know to the outsiders it looks like a non-footballing person is picking these managers but I truly the previous chairman and CE do the interviews and pick their man and then approach Delia to get confirmation and she trusted Doncaster and Munby and that was her biggest mistakes.    That has been resolved and now we would have new men picking the next manager of this club and I trust them to approach Delia to rubber stamp the contract of a REAL football manager[/quote]To be perfectly honest I have absolutely no idea how managers are selected because I''m not privy to such information. If you are correct then hopefully the new directors will pick a decent manager someday, but I still don''t see the rationale in hoping that City lose rather than stage a fantastic recovery. [*-)]

Ok well lets just say I wont be getting too upset if we dont win any of those games because it will end BG''s reign.   If we turn it around then great, but I just have no faith in ''Team Gunn'' and the catalyst for that was a coach who spent his career in Australia recommending a GK who was then purchased by a previous GK and neither spotted that he was a fraud.   If that doesn''t tell you all you need to know about the current coaching team then I just give up.

[quote user="Duffman"]Ok well lets just say I wont be getting too upset if we dont win any of those games because it will end BG''s reign.[/quote]That''s a bit more sensible I think. [Y]

If Gunn had any decency in him he would have walked away after relegating us , he should resign Monday but he wont because its all gone to his head , lets hope a defeat at Yeovil finally makes somebody in the boardroom see sense .

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]If Gunn had any decency in him he would have walked away after relegating us , he should resign Monday but he wont because its all gone to his head , lets hope a defeat at Yeovil finally makes somebody in the boardroom see sense .[/quote]Or let''s hope we absolutely annihilate Yeovil and go on to win five on the trot. [:P] Seriously, I''m still not sure what the point is in hoping that City lose when there is a possibility that they''ll win. [:S]

I would rather Gunn wins the next 10 games and we are successful throughout the season, yes Gunn fooked up badly yesterday along with the players, but surely this will only serve as a right kicking up the pooper and for them to do well for the rest.

[quote user="Duffman"]Lets hope these 3 teams stuff us then hopefully Mcnally would have seen enough and gives BG the boot.[/quote]Careful, 1st Wizard might sue you.  These kind of threads are his copyright.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Ackney Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]Sadly I have to agree with this sentiment, we need rid of team Gunn quickly to prosper, so bring on the defeats.[/quote]Wiz, you appear to have changed your tune. How unusual. Ten games, wasn''t it? Or did you think yesterday so calamitous that you have lurched to adopt a new position without really thinking it through? [/quote]

A 1-7 opening home defeat sort of forces sudden changes don''t you agree Ackney?

[/quote]I really don''t know, Wiz. I was there yesterday and was as horrified by what I saw as anyone. But I also know that freak results can happen. What''s more - after the events last season - I felt positive about the number of changes at the club: the new players (all of whom must have been given the OK by McNally), the impressive pre-season form. All of that was good. Twelve new players - we can''t just write them all off. I also think that knee-jerk reactions tend to do more harm than good. Maybe I''m clutching at straws, I really don''t know, but it''s so depressing to see this message board lurch back into the pit of despair after a couple of weeks of cautious optimism. I''m withholding judgement for a couple of weeks at least. If these players have the fight and heart that Gunny claims, then they need to respond - and emphatically too.