Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Should Theo play this Tuesday night?

I never want to see that donkey in goal ever again, i feel even more hatred toward this guy than when Gallagher let in those 2 free kicks.

i did say that i think his 1st game will also be his last for us...

if alnwick plays tuesday and does well then Theoklitos isn''t going to get a lookin for the rest of the season....

he''ll be gone before the transfer window closes... it might be mutually best for all parties if thats the case.

jas :)

With the Tuesday night being a cup game, it may be down to Tottenham as to whether we play Alnwick because they may refuse to allow him to be cup tied. I also believe Rudd is away with the England squad meaning we have no choice but to play Theo

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]No we need to get over that defeat quick before our next league game, he looks a liability[/quote]

I am glad that you believe that he is the ONLY one that is a liability

Alnwick should play on Tuesday and assuming he does Ok should keep his place with Rudd on the bench. It is crucial we start to get a little confidence back and that needs to spread from the keeper.

On top of that Askou, Spillaine, Rusty and Cody all have to start. Cant see Gunn having the bottle to be honest.

What were our pre-season friendlies for then if not to get him some experience of playing in front of the defence.

You play to win and this club deserves to give the fans a cup run after all the shambles we have had in the last few years.

Team Gunn out of there depth again...well done Delia & Doncaster!!

Priceless!

[quote user="Largey"]

It is, after all, the Carling Cup. The least of our worries. Would it be better for Theo to regain some of his confidence, to learn more about the defence ahead of him, and more about the English game, or should we leave him out after todays performance, let him mull it over for weeks and weeks, until he gets another shot (which I assume he will)?

This decision could destroy his career, or regain it.

[/quote]

i really cant decide

[quote user="Largey"]

It is, after all, the Carling Cup. The least of our worries. Would it be better for Theo to regain some of his confidence, to learn more about the defence ahead of him, and more about the English game, or should we leave him out after todays performance, let him mull it over for weeks and weeks, until he gets another shot (which I assume he will)?

This decision could destroy his career, or regain it.

[/quote]

i really cant decide

Melbourne Victory supporter here.Look, I haven''t seen any of it so I can''t comment on whether he was at fault for any or all of them but judging by the majority of the posts, he had a shocker. Fair enough. But are you people serious in actually suggesting he never play again, be released etc.? It''s the first game of the season! Surely some of your greatest ever players have also had terrible games. Aren''t you glad the club didn''t cast them out straight away?Anyway the general idea seems to be that A-League level is about the same as League One, if you''re being very generous then bottom of the Championship. So he''s capable of playing at that level, but obviously he still needs time to settle. So perhaps a few games in the reserves would be good because he''s not as bad as 7 goals conceded suggests. Someone mentioned he has played for Australia, he hasn''t actually. He was called up in an all-A-League squad (which rarely happens) but didn''t get any game time, which is why he moved to your mob so he could try and put himself in a position to get a call up (playing in Europe > playing in Australia no matter what according to our national team manager) for a "real" squad.Anyway, in short: he''s a decent player, give him some time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i did say that i think his 1st game will also be his last for us...

if alnwick plays tuesday and does well then Theoklitos isn''t going to get a lookin for the rest of the season....

he''ll be gone before the transfer window closes... it might be mutually best for all parties if thats the case.

[/quote]I agree. The defence was no great shakes but when has anyone seen such a worse goalkeeping display at this level as that one? Lacks height as well as ability. Wasn''t at the Wigan game but seems he didn''t have much to do.

Wow I just watched the goals, no wonder you guys are fuming. He really looked lost out there.Ah well, I''d have him back in a heartbeat. He was great for us. Sorry guys! :(

Thing is if we are not going to play him we might as well pay up his contract now , what a waste of money we supposedly have not got , and the trouble is he wasnt the only problem was he , the entire team are crap.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Definitely not. I (fortunately, as it turns out) couldn''t make the game tonight. I watched him on the bbc show though, and it was painful!! I suppose you could say that its better for him to try and gain experience in a non-league game but still, I don''t want to see him play until a massive improvement has been made.[/quote]Yeah but he has to be given a chance ot make that massive improvement! [;)]

[quote user="Patch"]Wow I just watched the goals, no wonder you guys are fuming. He really looked lost out there.

Ah well, I''d have him back in a heartbeat. He was great for us. Sorry guys! :(
[/quote]

never seen the game in Australia but im guesing your leagues are slower tempo and possibly not the quality that they are in England.... maybe Theoklitos is a low level/Semi pro/Amateur goalkeeper... sadly he will never be up to the standard here if yesterday was anything to go by.. it really wouldnt suprise me if he isnt already on a plane back home.

After having a night to dwell over it, i''m currently of the feeling that Theo should be given a second chance this Tuesday. Its the cup, we all know we are crap in the cup competitions, it is the perfect chance for him to regain some confidence, composure and control over his defence. If he has another bad, even average game, Alnwick comes in for the league match on Saturday.

[quote user="Patch"]Wow I just watched the goals, no wonder you guys are fuming. He really looked lost out there.Ah well, I''d have him back in a heartbeat. He was great for us. Sorry guys! :([/quote]

never seen the game in Australia but im guesing your leagues are slower tempo and possibly not the quality that they are in England.... maybe Theoklitos is a low level/Semi pro/Amateur goalkeeper... sadly he will never be up to the standard here if yesterday was anything to go by.. it really wouldnt suprise me if he isnt already on a plane back home.

[/quote]Well as I said the general feeling amongst those of us here and those overseas who have watched our league it''s about League One level. Slower tempo I''d certainly agree with however, so maybe that was the problem. All I''d say is don''t write him off after one game, he''s got ability. Must''ve left it in the dressing room yesterday, though.

[quote user="Patch"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Patch"]Wow I just watched the goals, no wonder you guys are fuming. He really looked lost out there.

Ah well, I''d have him back in a heartbeat. He was great for us. Sorry guys! :(
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well as I said the general feeling amongst those of us here and those overseas who have watched our league it''s about League One level. Slower tempo I''d certainly agree with however, so maybe that was the problem. All I''d say is don''t write him off after one game, he''s got ability. Must''ve left it in the dressing room yesterday, though.
[/quote]

sad thing is we may never see what ability he has... im guessing Ben alnwick will start in goal on Tuesday with young Declan rudd on the bench to take Theo out of the firing line.. if Ben does well then theos not going to get back in the team... he wont want to sit around playing 3rd choice to a loanee and an 18 year old will he?

you might be getting him back sooner than you thought! lol!

I have a funny but bad feeling that he will play on Tuesday, Gunn will want to get it out of his system like Wenger done with Almunia.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I have a funny but bad feeling that he will play on Tuesday, Gunn will want to get it out of his system like Wenger done with Almunia.[/quote]

Almunia plasy behind millions of pounds worth of talent who are harder to break down than an iron wall...

theo plays behind Nelson....

i think you see the point im trying to make.. lol!

sad thing is we may never see what ability he has... im guessing Ben alnwick will start in goal on Tuesday with young Declan rudd on the bench to take Theo out of the firing line.. if Ben does well then theos not going to get back in the team... he wont want to sit around playing 3rd choice to a loanee and an 18 year old will he?

you might be getting him back sooner than you thought! lol!

[/quote]If he can''t get back in the team then hopefully he would return to us. Our replacement is a kiwi who looked very average as we went down 2-0 on Thursday.Bugger it, we''ll take Theo, they can have the kiwi back and we Aussies will promise not to send you anymore of our players. Everybody wins! :P