Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Should Theo play this Tuesday night?

It is, after all, the Carling Cup. The least of our worries. Would it be better for Theo to regain some of his confidence, to learn more about the defence ahead of him, and more about the English game, or should we leave him out after todays performance, let him mull it over for weeks and weeks, until he gets another shot (which I assume he will)?

This decision could destroy his career, or regain it.

[quote user="Largey"]

It is, after all, the Carling Cup. The least of our worries. Would it be better for Theo to regain some of his confidence, to learn more about the defence ahead of him, and more about the English game, or should we leave him out after todays performance, let him mull it over for weeks and weeks, until he gets another shot (which I assume he will)?

[/quote]

Or he could let another 7 in...

You know what, as crazy as it seems I would give him a go. He looked okay at the Wigan game. I think he needs to be given another chance in a game that matters less. Unfortunately if he does play he will have people on his back from the start which is going to make him even worse.

I saw a good goalkeeper last Saturday against Wigan, and Crooky has been a good goalkeeper over in Australia, he was voted GK of the season the last two seasons, so he must have some talent.

I dont think we should let his career simmer now that he had one shocker, the whole team had a shocker. Gunn will know what it''s like to have a bad game, and he will know Theo well enough to understand whether he is the type of person who will be busting a gut to prove himself to us soon, or if he will let this performance ear-mark his career and slide into oblivion.

I said I wasn''t too impressed with after the Wigan game but I really didn''t think he could be this bad.

Against Wigan I thought he got lost on crosses and seemed slow to react to things.

My guess is that that''s why they signed Alnwick, they had a look at Theo after they''d brought him in and started to have doubts.

Can''t afford to let him play again, totally and utterly obvious he was completely out of his depth.

He wasnt the only person who was awful today, but he has to be dropped no question.  Terrible performance, what kind of message does it send if he''s picked for the next game?

Two minds.  We''re not going to win the League cup and so its not going to matter which round we go out in.  Let him play and if he has another ''mare'' then drop him.

On the other hand the team need a win - I think today was a freak result but we need to get in the winning mood.  And if he''s that dodgy we wont win with him in goal

Overall I''d give him another chance, and bring in Alnwick or Rudd for Exeter if he doesnt have a good game v Yeovil

I noticed several negative comments abt him after the wigan game, it seems as already said, team gunn bought in the Spurs bloke because they had reservations abt theo, I reckon he will be dropped, but lets see....

[quote user="singing canary"]i would rather stick my pet labrador in goal .. he would not flap as much trying to catch the ball ..[/quote]

But could he push the ball out to the feet of an onrushing forward.

I think we may already have seen the end of Theo Clit Licker.if he starts tues, then its all worng.  What the hell was our legendary goalkeeper doin  signing a keeper from the mickey mouse league anyway. Gunn out.

Definitely not. I (fortunately, as it turns out) couldn''t make the game tonight. I watched him on the bbc show though, and it was painful!! I suppose you could say that its better for him to try and gain experience in a non-league game but still, I don''t want to see him play until a massive improvement has been made.

im happy to blame the defence and give him another shot.To be fair its not 100% his fault that Doc and Nelson cant break + could be out paced by a dead tortoise !

We might aswell keep him if he can regain confidence he''ll be of use and we wont lose money by giving him back to the vics for nothing.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

The guy should never wear a Norwich shirt again after yeasterday. The worst keeper I have ever, ever seen.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]Yeovil are 6/4 to win, so yeah, I guess he should play and we could all lump £1,000 each on a Yeovil win and then use the money to buy Delia out.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

needs to go out on loan, totally out of hs depth!

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

That **** should never play for City again.

Remember aussies are only good at cricket!

No,certainly not.

He should be spending all his time in getting his flight back to Sydney booked. Qantas have at least 2 a day from Heathrow.

Perhaps Gunn can keep him company on the way. So ....two ONE WAY tickets please.

Having seen the goals again I agree he didn''t have a great game but the defenders were more at fault.

The:

First - Semmy''s ball was god awful but I admit keeper didnt really know what to do with it.

Second - docherty got turned horrendously slowly but Theo did palm it quite poorly

Third - Was a good cross, SHOCKING marking but keeper could have claimed it.

Fourth - good free kick

Fifth - Poor goal all round

sixth -good goal really but so much time....

7th - Nelson''s posiitioning rubbish

We were 4-0 down and the keeper wasn''t the worst player on the park.

I firmly believe that Nelson and Docherty had worse games and we should give Theo some more games.

I can understand that we make a scapegoat out of the keeper when he actually costs us the game - but clearly there were 8/9 players that cost us the game out there and that includes the entire back line.