Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

It feels even worse this morning.........

Last night I was angry, but was still trying to remain optimistic.  This morning I just feel sad.  What the hell is going to happen to my club this season?  I thought getting relegated would be the lowest point, but no, the thought of getting battered in this league is now occupying my mind.  I can''t remember feeling so depressed about NCFC as I do at the moment.  A win Tuesday night is the only result we can hope for, and the only thing that MAY help restore some confidence.  A defeat however, jesus.......

This is worse than relegation. I had prepared myself for the inevitable drop to the lower echolons but was totally unprepared for the events that unfolded infront of me. Totally shocked, this was not a freak result; that would have been 0-3. Still no idea how to summerise what happened.

Gunn and the muffin maker have to go; now!!

I must admit that scoreline - 1 -7 - has an unreal look about it.

It happens so rarely and I doubt it''ll happen again anywhere in the English leagues again all this season. Would therefore have to disagree that it wasn''t a freak result but it''s gut-wrenching that we had to be the ones on the end of it.

Im just so glad my rebate cheque has cleared.    I have never ever left early, even the Middlesborough game I stayed.   This football club has become a complete joke.    I cant wait to get to work on monday

Well, we certainly got a match to remember for all the wrong reasons. All I can say (without being banned forever from Archant boards) is that yesterday was just a prime example of just how far our club has fallen and the folly of letting someone have complete control of something and where it can lead.

I feel completely powerless - I guess we all do. What else can we do? We can have meetings, we can protest outside the ground, but ultimately it doesn’t seem to register with the two people who can effect change. As long as NCFC can attract sell out crowds nothing will change.

We change managers, what happens - only further debt, humiliation and descending the football leagues bit by bit.

We change people on the board. Will the new personnel make a difference? We can but hope that they do. Personally I would like the new CE and the other two to INSIST on an emergency meeting for the board to decide once and for all just who is capable of taking our club to some sort of stability.

Delia has had her day - for some she should never have had the chance to influence any sort of decision making. The past five years or so we have paid the price over and over again for it.

All intention now must be on finding not only investment to buy her out, but to also seek out the truth about whether she REALLY wants to sell.

We can all see what is happening on the pitch, it doesn’t take a football genius to realise it’s a mess. A complete and utter shambles.

But, sadly until Delia and Michael can accept they will not get back what they put in (unless they make a truly concerted effort to find BUYERS) we will lurch from one crisis to the next.

And finally, I am angry, not just disappointed. Not with the performance yesterday, but with the quote of the year (for me). Delia thought Bryan Gunn should be manager because “he deserved it”.

Sorry Delia, he does not, and not one person associated with our once great club deserved yesterday. We deserve people at NCFC who know what they are doing and can rebuild the club from top to bottom.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well, we certainly got a match to remember for all the wrong reasons. All I can say (without being banned forever from Archant boards) is that yesterday was just a prime example of just how far our club has fallen and the folly of letting someone have complete control of something and where it can lead. I feel completely powerless - I guess we all do. What else can we do? We can have meetings, we can protest outside the ground, but ultimately it doesn’t seem to register with the two people who can effect change. As long as NCFC can attract sell out crowds nothing will change. We change managers, what happens - only further debt, humiliation and descending the football leagues bit by bit. We change people on the board. Will the new personnel make a difference? We can but hope that they do. Personally I would like the new CE and the other two to INSIST on an emergency meeting for the board to decide once and for all just who is capable of taking our club to some sort of stability. Delia has had her day - for some she should never have had the chance to influence any sort of decision making. The past five years or so we have paid the price over and over again for it. All intention now must be on finding not only investment to buy her out, but to also seek out the truth about whether she REALLY wants to sell. We can all see what is happening on the pitch, it doesn’t take a football genius to realise it’s a mess. A complete and utter shambles. But, sadly until Delia and Michael can accept they will not get back what they put in (unless they make a truly concerted effort to find BUYERS) we will lurch from one crisis to the next. And finally, I am angry, not just disappointed. Not with the performance yesterday, but with the quote of the year (for me). Delia thought Bryan Gunn should be manager because “he deserved it”. Sorry Delia, he does not, and not one person associated with our once great club deserved yesterday. We deserve people at NCFC who know what they are doing and can rebuild the club from top to bottom.[/quote]

Smashing post Gazza.

Like you I feel so helpless about it all. We just go round and round in circles like a rudderless ship waiting to be torpedoed. A scoreline like yesterday is so horrific it''s barely believable.

I must say I''m looking forward to hearing what the new Chief Exec and the majority shareholders have to say for themselves tomorrow evening at the Capital Canaries AGM in London......

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well, we certainly got a match to remember for all the wrong reasons. All I can say (without being banned forever from Archant boards) is that yesterday was just a prime example of just how far our club has fallen and the folly of letting someone have complete control of something and where it can lead. I feel completely powerless - I guess we all do. What else can we do? We can have meetings, we can protest outside the ground, but ultimately it doesn’t seem to register with the two people who can effect change. As long as NCFC can attract sell out crowds nothing will change. We change managers, what happens - only further debt, humiliation and descending the football leagues bit by bit. We change people on the board. Will the new personnel make a difference? We can but hope that they do. Personally I would like the new CE and the other two to INSIST on an emergency meeting for the board to decide once and for all just who is capable of taking our club to some sort of stability. Delia has had her day - for some she should never have had the chance to influence any sort of decision making. The past five years or so we have paid the price over and over again for it. All intention now must be on finding not only investment to buy her out, but to also seek out the truth about whether she REALLY wants to sell. We can all see what is happening on the pitch, it doesn’t take a football genius to realise it’s a mess. A complete and utter shambles. But, sadly until Delia and Michael can accept they will not get back what they put in (unless they make a truly concerted effort to find BUYERS) we will lurch from one crisis to the next. And finally, I am angry, not just disappointed. Not with the performance yesterday, but with the quote of the year (for me). Delia thought Bryan Gunn should be manager because “he deserved it”. Sorry Delia, he does not, and not one person associated with our once great club deserved yesterday. We deserve people at NCFC who know what they are doing and can rebuild the club from top to bottom.[/quote]

Fully agree gazzatg  Good post

We have said for months that Gunn was a bad decision at the start, ratified in a hurry to spite the fans.

He was always going to remain in charge regardless of an inept performance that got our club relegated.

His supporters said "it was not his team", well no matter, if he could motivate then perhaps we might just have survived.

God help us if we had. Can you imagine what a championship club could have achieved yesterday?

I have never gone with Gunn the Legend. Decent keeper not good enough to play for Scotland (how many games) and we have had several far better than him.

Reputation built on his charity work(perhaps he has continued that and it is now in aid of other football clubs!)

With all the trumpeting for the new board members perhaps they should have played yesterday!

The sad part is I was not surprised at the loss and 1-7 is so far from reality as to make it farsical.

Smithy, didn''t know about this (haven''t had time to keep up with much lately), can you fill us all in with what''s said at the Capitals'' meeting?

I am sure many posters would like the opportunity to learn just what is said at that event.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Smithy, didn''t know about this (haven''t had time to keep up with much lately), can you fill us all in with what''s said at the Capitals'' meeting? I am sure many posters would like the opportunity to learn just what is said at that event.[/quote]

Hi Gazza

Will do ( if I don''t get too drunk to numb the pain ) This is the original post about the meeting :

Tim  Allman is not online. Last active: 20/06/2009 10:31:33 Tim Allman

Not Ranked
Joined on 15/11/2005
Kenton, NW London
Posts 506

Attn London Based Supporters: - Capital Canaries AGM and Norwich City Board Q&A

Reply Quote

Capital Canaries AGM and Norwich City Board Q&A
We are pleased to announce that the Capital Canaries AGM and Norwich City Board Q&A will be held at the Offside Bar, Islington on Monday 10th August 2009. The AGM will commence at 6:30pm followed by a buffet with the NCFC Board Q&A session starting around 7.30pm.

We can confirm that both Delia & Michael will be present together with the new chief executive of Norwich City Football Club, David McNally.

Non Members are welcome and if you are planning to attend please let us know at secretary@capitalcanaries.com so we have an idea of numbers.

OTBC

Tim Allman

http://www.capitalcanaries.com/

The Offside Bar is located here

http://www.offsidebar.com/main.html

Capital Canaries Home Travel Deal
Weekend Rate - £12 London/Norwich
www.capitalcanaries.com

Spot on Gazza, good post,  I am still gutted and glad I was not there yesterday to witness the shambles - afraid I might have got ejected as my nerves would of snapped, my seat is right behind the home dugout................

excellent post Gazza! top quality!

and i see from another post that the Smiths will be in London tonight with McNally to answer questions.. or will they be "Working" like they were after the charlton game...

working my fat, hairy backside! they dont want to take the flack they so richly deserve!

Anyone going tonight reading this? if Delia and MWJ do show up, make them both squirm!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

excellent post Gazza! top quality!

and i see from another post that the Smiths will be in London tonight with McNally to answer questions.. or will they be "Working" like they were after the charlton game...

working my fat, hairy backside! they dont want to take the flack they so richly deserve!

Anyone going tonight reading this? if Delia and MWJ do show up, make them both squirm!

jas :)

[/quote]

Best if people don''t turn up tonight, Jas...........they''ll have a bit of a wait as it''s tomorrow night.