Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Who would be your choice for Captain now?

Strip Dotherty of the captaincy immediately!

He is far to slow, always gives away silly freekicks and always has his arms around opposing players necks. What is it with him? Why does he have to do this? The bloke is a liability! He aint no captain and who would be your choice?

I''d be tempted to go for Grant Holt because he was the ONLY player to apologise after yesterdays poor performance! What other leaders in the team are there?

I was thinking the same, but how many teams have their strikers as captain? It should usually be a CM or CB, but none of our players in those positions deserve it, other than the vastly unproven Askou, OTJ, Gill & Hughes?

I though Gill, Nelson and Theo were all brought in for their leadership abilities,  Drury and Doc have done so too.

Once again we are left with a squad the is built from mice not men.   As no one has any leadership capability why change???   Its more about imposing rather than being captain - and NO ONE did - again

Why not give it to Adeyemi???

Another vote for stefanovic. Theres another thread about not having many players who could cut it in the championship - but he''s one of them. They must beg him to stay - giving him the captaincy would help this.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I read in the EDP that he wasnt in the first team plans :([/quote]Probably because he isn''t Gunn''s friend and he doesn''t suck up to him enough

I am a Doherty fan, he''s a good defender, but I know he''s not a particularly great choice for captain.

But who else is there?

Dejan has never struck me as being genuinely committed to Norwich City and I think that''s become even more obvious recently.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Splat the Cat.
[/quote]

Hoolahan. Give him a reason to stay.
[/quote]

Same

[quote user="Romantic"]

Hoolahan. Give him a reason to stay.
[/quote]

I would rather someone who is more vocal, can boost the team and lead.

Wes is undoubtedly a good player for us, but I don''t see him as a captain.

Hoola-hoop would give him a good boost to stay and is the only player in that squad y''day who looked like he really wanted it!

Doc shouldn''t be captain because it''s not clear that he''s worth a place in the team. Askou and Spillane both looked better in central defence in pre season.

Whoever the captain is should be worth a place in the team. The situation with Fotheringham being captain but not worth a place did nothing for morale.

The only person who is definitely worth a place in the starting line up is Hoolahan. You could make a case for everyone else''s position being in doubt. And if it made our best player keen to stay then that would be a bonus.