Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

5 Changes a must for Tuesday

Completely agree.

I couldn''t believe how bad Michael Nelson was, he was so slow and him and Doherty were an awful pairing. As for Otsemobor - he is just dreadful

[quote user="Norwichrossi"]

Completely agree.

I couldn''t believe how bad Michael Nelson was, he was so slow and him and Doherty were an awful pairing. As for Otsemobor - he is just dreadful

[/quote]I''m sure you weren''t saying that last week..

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Spillane for The most useless right back in this clubs history

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

Theokolitis will keep his place. The rest are most likely but Theokolitis will be given another opportunity in the Carling cup against Yeovil to prove he''s a good enough goalkeeper. Having just watched the goals on SSN I think he was probably at fault for about 4 of the goals, however in the previous games that he has played in has anybody really slated him?

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

What about Docherty. Probably one of the worst defenders this club has ever seen and you would keep him in the team. Two relegations, one common link. work it out

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

Theokolitis will keep his place. The rest are most likely but Theokolitis will be given another opportunity in the Carling cup against Yeovil to prove he''s a good enough goalkeeper. Having just watched the goals on SSN I think he was probably at fault for about 4 of the goals, however in the previous games that he has played in has anybody really slated him?

[/quote]

nah but i thought he was a dodgy keeper in the wigan game.

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]Boothroyd for Gunn

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

[/quote]

nah but i thought he was a dodgy keeper in the wigan game.

[/quote]

Agreed. But the only reason nothing was said was because he didn''t have much to do, so wasn''t noticed. They only really had 2 chances - both of which they scored.

Think you could argue that, but maybe given he''s a new boy he could be given one more chance, specially considering he looked lively before, but one more chance is all i would give before i gave someone else a turn.

exactly the same changes as i was  thinking before i read this thread. However i was watching alnwick warming up as i was early to the ground and he didnt look too promising, he seemed to be failing frequently at the warmup exercises the gk coach was putting him through but it probably dosnt mean anything. I surely wouldnt throw rudd in behind a defence like that at this stage in his career.

Why Matt Gill??? I thought he was ok, didn''t do anything outstanding but he really wasn''t at fault for anything yesterday.

We should stick with Whaley. He was frozen out by Semmy''s lack

of inclination to get forward yesterday. Before their 1st goal, when

Semmy had a semblance of confidence he was getting Whaley involved to

good effect (my mate even said that the Us defence looked nervous). The

speed with which Otsemobor disappeared into himself and started playing

safe slow sideways footy was amazing yesterday. To respond to s howler

in such a way is so unproffessional. Not Whaley''s fault that.I agree with the OP on the whole though, although I would play Theoklitis again asap. If he plays kak against Yeovil then it''s reserves time for sure.

[quote user="Lambo"]Why Matt Gill??? I thought he was ok, didn''t do anything outstanding but he really wasn''t at fault for anything yesterday.[/quote]

Does the phrase headless chicken mean anything to you? Only 2 players should be retained for the next league match, Holt and Hoolahan.  The rest should probaly play on Tuesday to try and rebuild their reputation. Except Theoklitis, Doherty and Nelson of course.

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]What game do you watch? how can Doc out not be your first change.Not even in the top 5.

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

Give Theo another goKeep SemiAskou for NelsonSpillane for Donkery Keep GillCody Mac for Martin

* Although Martin did not have a bad game, he is just to similar to Holt. You could see the desire on his face when he chased it was nice to see someone really giving a shit out there !

[quote user="Lambo"]Why Matt Gill??? I thought he was ok, didn''t do anything outstanding but he really wasn''t at fault for anything yesterday.[/quote]Gill actually worked hard and put a few balls down, his problem was his size made him look psychologically insignificant on the pitch. But he didnt have a howler, ranked worst performances imo goes something like this.DocNelsonTheoSemiSure Theo had a howler but at least 5 of those should not have cleared our defence

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

What game do you watch? how can Doc out not be your first change.Not even in the top 5.
[/quote]

Quite simply really, Nelson was far worse, and far more culpable yesteday, I''d change both if I could but we need Spillane at Right Back, the Doc is ok when he has someone competent alongside him, yesterday he had a carthorse for support....and there''s no need to be so arrogant you rude individual

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Lambo"]Why Matt Gill??? I thought he was ok, didn''t do anything outstanding but he really wasn''t at fault for anything yesterday.[/quote]

Gill actually worked hard and put a few balls down, his problem was his size made him look psychologically insignificant on the pitch. But he didnt have a howler, ranked worst performances imo goes something like this.

Doc
Nelson
Theo
Semi

Sure Theo had a howler but at least 5 of those should not have cleared our defence
[/quote]

My point re Gill really was to accomodate Adeyemi, Gill and OTJ looked too similar yesteday, and I though OTJ was better when he had a more attacking midfielder alongside

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

Give Theo another go

Keep Semi

Askou for Nelson

Spillane for Donkery

Keep Gill

Cody Mac for Martin

* Although Martin did not have a bad game, he is just to similar to Holt. You could see the desire on his face when he chased it was nice to see someone really giving a shit out there !
[/quote]

Sorry I''d happily never see Semi again

Semi was doing very well until that back pass then it all went to crap.He made a pretty little overlap with Whalley and really ran the ball in the first 5 minutes, looked really up for it.Then he lost the ability to run the ball or pass forwards :(He really must be bi-polar... in that when hes confidence 100% hes good, when hes 99% or bellow hes bleeding hopeless.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Semi was doing very well until that back pass then it all went to crap.
He made a pretty little overlap with Whalley and really ran the ball in the first 5 minutes, looked really up for it.
Then he lost the ability to run the ball or pass forwards :(
He really must be bi-polar... in that when hes confidence 100% hes good, when hes 99% or bellow hes bleeding hopeless.

[/quote]

He has the worst decision making I''ve ever seen in a footballer

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

Put Maric in for Holt as well, absolute donkey yesterday.  For a man of his size he was on the floor an awful lot.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]What game do you watch? how can Doc out not be your first change.Not even in the top 5.[/quote]

Quite simply really, Nelson was far worse, and far more culpable yesteday, I''d change both if I could but we need Spillane at Right Back, the Doc is ok when he has someone competent alongside him, yesterday he had a carthorse for support....and there''s no need to be so arrogant you rude individual

[/quote]Blimey your a bit touchy hardly an insult.As for Doc since he came to the club we have been heading in one direction.He wouldn''t look good with the great Bobby Moore at his best along side him.The worst defence in a norwich side was the one from last season.We''ve never replaced Malky (a leader)simply.Then we start this season with 3 of them still there.I would change the lot then worry about anywere else.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Alnwick for Theospilitis

Askou for Nelson

Adeyemi for Gill

Cody for Martin

[/quote]

What game do you watch? how can Doc out not be your first change.Not even in the top 5.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey your a bit touchy hardly an insult.

As for Doc since he came to the club we have been heading in one direction.He wouldn''t look good with the great Bobby Moore at his best along side him.

The worst defence in a norwich side was the one from last season.We''ve never replaced Malky (a leader)simply.Then we start this season with 3 of them still there.I would change the lot then worry about anywere else.

[/quote]

''What game do you watch?'' is downright rude however you may want to spin it, I watch the same game as you I happen to have a different yet equally valid opinion, if you want your opinions respected perhaps you should exhibit some manners. Whilst I agree re Malky (who lest we forget was poor in his first season), the Doc has looked okay alongside Martin Taylor / Alex Pearce / Stefanovich / - Nelson, Otsemebor and Theolitis were the most culpable on show yesterday

Nelson, Otsemebor and Theolitis were the most culpable on show yesterday

[/quote]

Apart from the worst back pass in history what part did he play in the other goals?