Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

1 game doesnt forecast the season.

Had we lost 2-1, it would have been the same in the sence that we would have 0 points. Our goal difference isnt that important, i still believe we have a very good chance of promotion and you lot are fu**ing silly for calling for Gunn out after 1 game. We had a very successful pre season, and yet 1 game doesnt mean we cant get promotion. Yes it was a horrific game but the best way is to bounce back by showing our support for the lads and get some wins in the coming weeks.

Anyone at all agree?

a chap on Sky Sports news was talking about this today... he says to lose the first game 2-1 or 3-1 its easy to dust yourself down and come out again the next game... but to have a whole pre season and not look anywhere near a team and to lose 7-1 on the first game is really setting a prcedent for the season.. theres losing.. then theres LOSING....

its like last season never ended.

jas :)

If we don''t get 2 good winning results, I fear there could be a run, get 2 wins, then I think we will be back on track. This week will make or break the players and management, more so than Sat.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its like last season never ended.

jas :)

[/quote]Spot on Jas, it''s going to take a massive effort to recover from this game psychologically. Nothing less than bagging 5 or 6 against Exeter will do it for me, so God knows what the players are thinking.

[quote user="Brendan"]Had we lost 2-1, it would have been the same in the sence that we would have 0 points. Our goal difference isnt that important, i still believe we have a very good chance of promotion and you lot are fu**ing silly for calling for Gunn out after 1 game. We had a very successful pre season, and yet 1 game doesnt mean we cant get promotion. Yes it was a horrific game but the best way is to bounce back by showing our support for the lads and get some wins in the coming weeks.

Anyone at all agree?[/quote]Yeah, but the thing is, people aren''t calling for him to go after 1 game.  Most of us didn''t want him to be here in the first place after failnig so badly last season and, as a result, most fans are judging his performance over a period of 20+ games, during which his record has been nothing short of disastrous.I''m with a lot of posters here who think Gunn is a legend and want him to stay that way.  It is abundantly clear that he doesn''t have a clue how to manage or motivate a football team, and if he stays there''s only one direction the club is heading. If he loves the club as much as he lets us believe, then he has to make a very tough decision, be honest with himself and step down as soon as possible.Someone else spelt it out very well: Gunn stay a legend, not a joke.