Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Those 7 goals.

After watching them all several times, the entire back four are a disgrace. A lot of blame on here for the keeper but Nelson was the worst offender, goal 5 is so outrageous for a CB you would have thought he was a winger filling in. 1: What was Otsemobor thinking? Amateur hour. Keeper should have dealt with it.2: Doherty turned inside out but any decent forward can turn a CB on the back foot and get a shot off. Can''t blame him there, the keeper should have held onto the shot.3: Nelson chases his man across the box, ignoring the cross completley. Drury stands and watches, motionless, 25 ft from where he should have been. 4: Freekick was unstoppable.5: This one is an absolute shocker. At least Doherty jumps with his man, beaten by the larger Platt (allowed him in front though) but Nelson here is completly at fault. He allows Lisbie in front of him and he doesn''t even jump to challenge. He ducks! A CB''s bread and butter, jump and challenge for the ball, he looked scared to do so. Disgusting.6: No CB''s in site.7: Tudur-Jones and Drury casually waslking back twards edge of box, reminded me of Fotheringham v Coventry last season. Still at 6-1 all was lost and who could blame them.Nelson for me failed at the one simple thing he is suppossed to be able to do, attack the ball in the air. He has to be replaced. Askou in immediatlety. Otsemobor has to go as that pass showed he is an absolute liability, no thought to what he was doing. Spillane in!  I can''t really comment on Drury, he looked out of position for 3 but I had to listen to the game and didn''t see his contribution. But surely Stefanovic could and should play there? Keep him!Big factors appear to be Nelson out, Otsemobor out, Askou and Spillane in. Keeper looked poor and out of position but the stick he is getting on here is a little harsh given the disgraceful showing by a 6 ft 3 CB who neither attacked the ball or looked like he knew where he should be. Lets hope these three changes take place and we put this abortion of a defensive performance behind us. -Bigus

the free kick wasnt unstopable.. watch how many goalkeepers stand in the center of the goal after sorting the wall out.... theo was on his left stick.. the ball went basically into the center of the goal where he should have been!

his dive to save it was hilarious...

jas :)

[quote user="Bigus"]After watching them all several times, the entire back four are a disgrace. A lot of blame on here for the keeper but Nelson was the worst offender, goal 5 is so outrageous for a CB you would have thought he was a winger filling in.

1: What was Otsemobor thinking? Amateur hour. Keeper should have dealt with it.
2: Doherty turned inside out but any decent forward can turn a CB on the back foot and get a shot off. Can''t blame him there, the keeper should have held onto the shot.
3: Nelson chases his man across the box, ignoring the cross completley. Drury stands and watches, motionless, 25 ft from where he should have been.
4: Freekick was unstoppable.
5: This one is an absolute shocker. At least Doherty jumps with his man, beaten by the larger Platt (allowed him in front though) but Nelson here is completly at fault. He allows Lisbie in front of him and he doesn''t even jump to challenge. He ducks! A CB''s bread and butter, jump and challenge for the ball, he looked scared to do so. Disgusting.
6: No CB''s in site.
7: Tudur-Jones and Drury casually waslking back twards edge of box, reminded me of Fotheringham v Coventry last season. Still at 6-1 all was lost and who could blame them.

Nelson for me failed at the one simple thing he is suppossed to be able to do, attack the ball in the air. He has to be replaced. Askou in immediatlety. Otsemobor has to go as that pass showed he is an absolute liability, no thought to what he was doing. Spillane in!  I can''t really comment on Drury, he looked out of position for 3 but I had to listen to the game and didn''t see his contribution. But surely Stefanovic could and should play there? Keep him!

Big factors appear to be Nelson out, Otsemobor out, Askou and Spillane in. Keeper looked poor and out of position but the stick he is getting on here is a little harsh given the disgraceful showing by a 6 ft 3 CB who neither attacked the ball or looked like he knew where he should be. Lets hope these three changes take place and we put this abortion of a defensive performance behind us.

-Bigus

[/quote]

A good constructive post.  Agree with everything you''ve put!

Youve taken a similar view to my post in the ''5 changes'' thread (shameless plug there [:P]).

Nelson played about as much part as Theoklitos in their goals- summarised by his amateur mistake for their first, despite the other myriad of mistakes committed for that goal in particular.

Sorry Mason, I didn''t read it! If that''s so then it looks as if that the problems are clear! @Jas, yes I say he is out position but the TV angle made that Freekick look as if it went top left.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="Bigus"]After watching them all several times, the entire back four are a disgrace. A lot of blame on here for the keeper but Nelson was the worst offender, goal 5 is so outrageous for a CB you would have thought he was a winger filling in.

1: What was Otsemobor thinking? Amateur hour. Keeper should have dealt with it.
2: Doherty turned inside out but any decent forward can turn a CB on the back foot and get a shot off. Can''t blame him there, the keeper should have held onto the shot.
3: Nelson chases his man across the box, ignoring the cross completley. Drury stands and watches, motionless, 25 ft from where he should have been.
4: Freekick was unstoppable.
5: This one is an absolute shocker. At least Doherty jumps with his man, beaten by the larger Platt (allowed him in front though) but Nelson here is completly at fault. He allows Lisbie in front of him and he doesn''t even jump to challenge. He ducks! A CB''s bread and butter, jump and challenge for the ball, he looked scared to do so. Disgusting.
6: No CB''s in site.
7: Tudur-Jones and Drury casually waslking back twards edge of box, reminded me of Fotheringham v Coventry last season. Still at 6-1 all was lost and who could blame them.

Nelson for me failed at the one simple thing he is suppossed to be able to do, attack the ball in the air. He has to be replaced. Askou in immediatlety. Otsemobor has to go as that pass showed he is an absolute liability, no thought to what he was doing. Spillane in!  I can''t really comment on Drury, he looked out of position for 3 but I had to listen to the game and didn''t see his contribution. But surely Stefanovic could and should play there? Keep him!

Big factors appear to be Nelson out, Otsemobor out, Askou and Spillane in. Keeper looked poor and out of position but the stick he is getting on here is a little harsh given the disgraceful showing by a 6 ft 3 CB who neither attacked the ball or looked like he knew where he should be. Lets hope these three changes take place and we put this abortion of a defensive performance behind us.

-Bigus

[/quote]

A good constructive post.  Agree with everything you''ve put!

[/quote]

agree as well, particularly in regard to Otsemobor, as he started the rot with his dreadful mistake for the first goal. Please let that be his last game in a City shirt. Just out of interest, did they name a man of the match yesterday?

[quote user="Bigus"]Sorry Mason, I didn''t read it! If that''s so then it looks as if that the problems are clear! @Jas, yes I say he is out position but the TV angle made that Freekick look as if it went top left.
[/quote]

I think it just comes down to who you pick out to watch. Im sure if we decided to player-cam any of our players there would be a massive list of things they could do better- though may speak volumes if Nelson is being pulled up on his mistakes more often.

This is my view from the Barclay from the free kick-            |     *   ?   |
This rather fetching diagram has the rough location the ball went in at and Theoklitos lovingly represented by a question mark. Lets just say, the wall position was uninspiring.

Nelson was shocking, failed at the simple things he is there to do. Well it''s good we have games coming thick and fast to fix this mess. But I strongly believe the three changes I stated need to happen. Defending like that would''nt fly in the Blue Square.

Agreed Mason. I too was in the Barclay. Just before the free kick was struck i turned to the person next to me and stated that the keepers'' positioning was all wrong and that if struck on target it would be a goal. Low and behold that''s exactly what happened.

how can you comment on the game when your werent even there?Free kick was unstoppable? What a jokethe free kick when straight down the middle, that twat theo was standing by his goalpost and his attempted dive to save a shot NOT IN THE FAR CORNER UNREACHABLE but straight down the middle was pathetic.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"]how can you comment on the game when your werent even there?

Free kick was unstoppable? What a joke

the free kick when straight down the middle, that twat theo was standing by his goalpost and his attempted dive to save a shot NOT IN THE FAR CORNER UNREACHABLE but straight down the middle was pathetic.
[/quote]

The way I read it, the focus here is on the outfield player''s roles in Colchesters goals rather than the keeper. For an outfield player, a direct free kick (if it doesnt hit the wall) is basically unstoppable. 

As far as I''m concerned, and being a former keeper myself, those goals yesterday were school boy error''s,he should have been taken off when the third one went in, he has to be dropped for the forseeable future, we have two very good keepers that are more thn capeable step in,    

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"]how can you comment on the game when your werent even there?Free kick was unstoppable? What a jokethe free kick when straight down the middle, that twat theo was standing by his goalpost and his attempted dive to save a shot NOT IN THE FAR CORNER UNREACHABLE but straight down the middle was pathetic.[/quote]

The way I read it, the focus here is on the outfield player''s roles in Colchesters goals rather than the keeper. For an outfield player, a direct free kick (if it doesnt hit the wall) is basically unstoppable. 

[/quote]your an idiot, watch the goal again, the free kick was shot straight down the middle, any decent keeper would have saved it.

@Barclayman. I already said the TV replay made the free-kick look top left and as for your other comment I have watched all of the goals on TV, replayed them 5 times. So I can clearly comment on those. And as someone who went home and away with Norwich for years and years, I know that even ''if you are there'' you usually can''t spot all the aspects of conceding a goal until you see the replay on the box. 

I was in the barclay right behind the free kick being taken, i said to my lad straight away its a goal, look where he is standing, shocking, truly shocking

I agree.

Nelson had a part to play in nearly every goal, whereby you would have expected him to break down the play thereby not conceding another goal.

The 5th one he didnt jump for, now on earth is a 5ft nothing Lisbie allowed to outjump 6ft+ Nelson? He got nuts for the 7th, and generally looked slow. Air-kicked a clearence aswell, and accompanied by Doc left one gaping hole through the middle time and time again.

Spillane would offer speed, Askou im sure would offer speed too. And height.

[quote user="Bigus"]@Barclayman. I already said the TV replay made the free-kick look top left and as for your other comment I have watched all of the goals on TV, replayed them 5 times. So I can clearly comment on those. And as someone who went home and away with Norwich for years and years, I know that even ''if you are there'' you usually can''t spot all the aspects of conceding a goal until you see the replay on the box.  [/quote]ive seen the replays as well. Theo was 100% at fault for the free kick, the semmy back pass and the spilled shot.

1. Semmy awful, theo had little option without catching it for a backpass.2. Doc should have done better. Nelson should have stuck with his man. Theo should have kept hold of it.3. Nelson running away from Platt.4. Shocking positioning from Theoklitos5. Nelson didn''t challenge in the air. Theoklitos came out and got stranded.6. Nelson easily beaten by Platt to chest down to the runner with little tracking from midfield.7. Nelson done easily and Theoklitos charges out like a muppet. Doc leaves his man who scores.A complete comedy of errors mainly from Nelson and Theoklitos, i would say Nelson more so.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I was in the barclay right behind the free kick being taken, i said to my lad straight away its a goal, look where he is standing, shocking, truly shocking[/quote]

I was right behind it in the upper Barclay and said exactly the same thing !

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"]how can you comment on the game when your werent even there?Free kick was unstoppable? What a jokethe free kick when straight down the middle, that twat theo was standing by his goalpost and his attempted dive to save a shot NOT IN THE FAR CORNER UNREACHABLE but straight down the middle was pathetic.[/quote]I was sitting almost behind it in the Peterboro'' end. Didn''t seem to be

much power behind it even. Could have been stopped and Gunn will know

it.