Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

Norwich will not be going any where! unless!

Our defence gets an injection of discipline on the lines of the old Leeds UTD of the seventies, not the new arrival by the way; but our own lethargic group who may turn up in the first half if you are lucky. The same group may respond positively to an attack, once again, if you are lucky. They have such lack of ability to read the game. Every defensive block made by Malkie is a last ditch move. Every spectator at the match has seen the threat and are helplessly chewing their nails down to the knuckles, frantically hoping against hope that someone has seen the danger and will move to a more commanding position before the danger has manifested its self into another goal. They are, to coin a phrase, so immobile, that the lack of systematic defensive movement becomes infectious, and they, as a group, gather more in hope, (like a bunch of school boys), in the six yard area and hope against hope that some one will take the initiative to make an effective tackle. If with luck this does occur, will they make an effective pass? And to whom? One of their mates in the six yard area? For time and time again they are all there, instead of taking up effective positions that, may again with luck lead to an attack. Thank the lord for the willing industry that has manifested itself in the new imports who have the will to get behind defences and make for goal, instead of playing ineffective ping-pong in front of opposing defences. Previously, before the loan arrivals came; they would just about manage to martial themselves for the inevitable time when we gave it back to the opposition. We badly need a midfield general that will take charge of proceedings on the field, who can see where things are going wrong. Greeno should be wise enough now to marshal the back three and keep them on their toes, and in the right positions, after all he has the best view and an added responsibility will keep them concentrated. If we are to be a successful side looking for promotion, the whole team should be buzzing with enthusiasm for the game of football, and busting their guts to better themselves by playing in the premiership and keeping there. Nigel Worthington is a good manager who deserves their maximum efforts on the field of play; the fans also deserve the same. Come on players of Norwich City FC what do you deserve that you are not earning? Last criticism; Phil Mulryne, you are an extremely talented player but you only turn up for one game in three. There is to often a lack of true endeavour in your performances. It is a great pity that when you do turn up it seems that the water is to cold to put your foot in. You have the footballing and distribution gifts in abundance to become that mid-field general on the lines of Bobby Moor with his wonderful tackling ability. if you have the committment?

Blimey.

Are you an army general Beelsie? Your posting works really well if you imagine a man in a uniform, with a big moustache and a stick pointing furiously to a map whilst addressing the troops...

Thanks, and Hi! Mook! I do get your point and am, patently aware, of the implication that is in the post. All the statements I personally believe in and would, given the youth, priviledge and ability to represent NFC; have that sort of spirit. It is precisely the sort of spirit that wins, whatever the challenge. The map you mention is the map of approach to each and every game whether climbing Everest or planning a venture in business. Worthy has to have the tenacity to set a strategy that is demanding and workable; get an agreement from the team that it has a viable chance of success and as individuals in the team decide that you will each your damn best to implement it regardless of personal discomfort. Yes ,I spent time in the armed forces, and after demobilisation set up my own business, It was successful because of the efforts from my-self, and those I employed . Who inherited the business after I retired aged fifty-five. You just have to believe and care enough. Best wishes for your future. But, Remember leadership that works must come from the men on the playing field.