Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Praise for Col U

They did a good job on us yesterday and I think they deserve some credit for an excellant performance.

I think any team we play this season should play their 2 fastest forwards against us, the slowness and mediocrity of our defence should mean they will walk away with a hat full of goals.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]They did a good job on us yesterday and I think they deserve some credit for an excellant performance. I think any team we play this season should play their 2 fastest forwards against us, the slowness and mediocrity of our defence should mean they will walk away with a hat full of goals.[/quote]

The bigger question is were they actually ''that'' good, or we just very very poor, making them look good?  I think the latter personally.

I believe we have a reasonable squad this year but I read nothing into this result.  As previously stated this is a tough, competitive league and if we are to achieve anything we will have to battle all season.  As with all clubs much will be dependent on whether we can stay relatively injury free - compared with Norwich we have a small squad.  I do believe Lisbie''s pace will trouble defenders.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]They did a good job on us yesterday and I think they deserve some credit for an excellant performance. I think any team we play this season should play their 2 fastest forwards against us, the slowness and mediocrity of our defence should mean they will walk away with a hat full of goals.[/quote]

The bigger question is were they actually ''that'' good, or we just very very poor, making them look good?  I think the latter personally.

[/quote]

No, they were not good. The thing is they didn''t seem to play ''league 1'' football, they passed the ball about nicely which makes it even more embarrising as people were saying the only problem with beating Wigan is the fact that pass the ball about and so did we and thats not ''league 1'' football.

I thought Platt and Lisbie worked well together and will be a good team, remind me who our striker partnership is, presume we have one after 6 weeks of pre season training?

Seem to remember a lot of posts deriding Lisbie as an Ipswich reject & Platt as a useless lump. Didn''t look that way yesterday.

We''ve had Lisbie here, we know him to be rubbish. The fact that he made our defence look so poor says much about our defence.

[quote user="Penfold"]We''ve had Lisbie here, we know him to be rubbish. The fact that he made our defence look so poor says much about our defence.
[/quote]

As I''ve tried saying on here a few times...Lisbie really is not rubbish. Not at this level anyway. He will score goals against plenty of other sides this season and cause lots of problems.

I thought Colchester looked a good, well organised team who could play when given time but were also prepared to go Route One when necessary.They deserve every credit for how they played and I hope they do well. They certainly made us look poor, so I think most of the comments belittling them can be safely put down to sour grapes.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Penfold"]We''ve had Lisbie here, we know him to be rubbish. The fact that he made our defence look so poor says much about our defence.
[/quote]

As I''ve tried saying on here a few times...Lisbie really is not rubbish. Not at this level anyway. He will score goals against plenty of other sides this season and cause lots of problems.

[/quote]

My own view is that Kevin is perhaps not quite good enough to be a main Championship player but certainly good enough to get goals and cause problems for defenders in this division.