Sign in to follow this  
Faraway KAB

Random Thoughts

Well, that was the worst experience I have ever had at a football match. We were absolute garbage from the point the first comedy goal went in, having oddly enough played quite well up to that point. One game isn''t a season, but it was utter humiliation and Gunn is on borrowed time now. Some specifics:

1) Theoklitos - was this a one off, or should he really be in a circus?

2) Otsemobor. Words fail me. I never, ever want to see this idle w4nker in a Norwich shirt again. That''s never, in case I wasn''t clear enough.

3) Nelson. I have to say I''d bought into the hype, but he just looks like a div 3 donkey. I hope Askou proves to be good because I can''t see Doherty/Nelson being much other than a disaster.

4) Holt/Martin won''t work. As a partnership they lack both height and pace, and you have to have one or the other.

There were a few positives though, believe it or not. Holt looks a decent player, and Cody proved why he needs to start. We only carried any kind of threat once he was on the pitch. Gill and OTJ looked like they might have some potential and shouldn''t be written off yet - it may well be though that our centre mid combo ends up being Hughes/Adeyemi - the latter is clearly a very good prospect. Wes did some great stuff at times, but held on to the ball too long at others and at times looked (unsurprisingly) lightweight. I hope he doesn''t get hounded out because he does have some fairly unique qualities at this level.

Where we go from here is a big test for Gunn. Ideally you wouldn''t want to make changes in the second game of a season, but certain individuals were so biblically poor that they have to lose their places - Otsemobor, Nelson and Theoklitos. If they play on Tuesday and we don''t win, things are going to get worse than in the Chase Out era.

I will finish by saying I can only hope this all acts as a reality check and kickstarts the season, otherwise it''ll be worse than we ever dreamed possible.

Adeyemi is huge for 17, no worries of him being lightweight. I also did''nt notice him spending too long on the ball, he maybe should''ve hit that chance, where he tackeld in the area and keeper saved from close range for a corner, earlier. Apart from that i totally agree.

Despite my new user name i think it must have beens nerves for Theo, he wouldn''t have been able to pass himself of as good in training and pre season under the watchful eye of Gunny... If he really is that bad Gunny should be sacked.

Hoolahan held on to the ball for too long because literally no-one was making runs for him. The flat footedness across the middle was awful and actually Wes highlighted this by moving and jinking into available space at all times. He and Holt were the only 2 players on the pitch who didn''t completely bottle it.

[quote user="Romantic"]Hoolahan held on to the ball for too long because literally no-one was making runs for him. The flat footedness across the middle was awful and actually Wes highlighted this by moving and jinking into available space at all times. He and Holt were the only 2 players on the pitch who didn''t completely bottle it.
[/quote]Hoolahan did that and must have been so exasperated at the lack of movement all over pitch, except for Holt. Hope these players we have are better than I think they are otherwise we are up the creek without a paddle. Will give them time.