Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Reasons why NOT to sack Brian Gunn!!!

Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But.....

*it would cost a lot of money to do so

*it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc.

*he did well in pre season, 1 game and everyone calling for him out?

*Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment?

*Butterworth and Crook may not want to stay if Gunn goes.

*it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn

Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here.

OTBC

[quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But.....

*it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc.

*it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn

OTBC[/quote]All your reasons are rubbish.a) we have moneyb) Butterworth and Crook are equally responsible for this so who cares if they go too?c) he''s been in charge for 20 games.P20 W5 D5 L10d) he said "judge me on my own team."  Compare Charlton away to Colchester at home. See any difference?  Me neither.

[quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But.....

OTBC[/quote]

get a grip!

In answer to your points

* if Gunn walks, no cost

* 2 weeks? Ady Boothroyd aint working - 2 hours

* counts for naff all

* anyone but Gunn

* So?

* Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Been proven here

[quote user="Brendan"]

*Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment?  [/quote]

I don''t think you have to worry about that too much. They''d be getting paid to manage at a pretty big football club, one of the biggest clubs in the league they''re in.

The list of applicants would be huge and there''d be plenty with more experience and a better track record than Bryan Gunn.

[quote user="Brendan"]Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here. OTBC[/quote]

There are no reasons in the first place, so don''t expect any more.

OTBC[/quote]1. It would cost us a lot more NOT to sack him.2. So? Doesn''t matter, Butterworth or Crook can take temporary charge. New manager will have to get to know players but can''t be any worse than Gunn in mean time. Plus new managers always seem to have a honeymoon period (aart from Gunn)3. If you really think pre-season means anything then you sir, are an idiot. Plus, it''s not after one game, it''s after 20 games, just 3 wins, some hugely embarrassing performances, a disastrous derby day and a shocking relegation.4. I''m quite sure they will, plus they''re under contract, plus it wouldn''t be a bad thing if they left, new manager can bring his own team in if need be.5. If we can''t afford a manager''s wages then something''s a bit wrong. Wages saved from Stefanovic and Russell should go a long way to covering it.I see no reasons for not sacking Gunn.

I would be happy if he left this moment and we got Boothroyd or Dowie in the next 2 days.

BUT ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I believe sacking him now will mean we finish in a worse position to what we would do if we dont.

He''s not gonna leave! Whens the last time a manager left cause their w*nk?

[quote user="Brendan"]I would be happy if he left this moment and we got Boothroyd or Dowie in the next 2 days.

BUT ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I believe sacking him now will mean we finish in a worse position to what we would do if we dont.

He''s not gonna leave! Whens the last time a manager left cause their w*nk?[/quote]You want examples?Peter Grant, Ricky Sbragia..

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Brendan"]I would be happy if he left this moment and we got Boothroyd or Dowie in the next 2 days. BUT ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I believe sacking him now will mean we finish in a worse position to what we would do if we dont. He''s not gonna leave! Whens the last time a manager left cause their w*nk?[/quote]
You want examples?

Peter Grant, Ricky Sbragia..
[/quote]

And Ricky Sbragia wasn''t even crap. He did well, kept them up (Yes, he actually saved them from relegation!), then decided the club needed a new manager to take them into a new era. What a great man he is. He has gained a lot of respect from me and i''m sure many others for that.

Gunn on the other hand - was crap, got us relegated, is still crap, and refuses to step down ....

[quote user="Brendan"]I would be happy if he left this moment and we got Boothroyd or Dowie in the next 2 days. BUT ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I believe sacking him now will mean we finish in a worse position to what we would do if we dont. He''s not gonna leave! Whens the last time a manager left cause their w*nk?[/quote]

Is this some sort of joke? Gunn has a worse points per game record in the last 20 games than Roeder! Should never of got the job last year, should never of been given it in the summer and should be man enough to see he''s not a manager!

If you want further explaination, when we were 2 - 0 down after 19 mins did he realise our back 4 were getting done for pace when Spilane was sat on the Bench? Did he see we had Ben Alnwick on the Bench to replace Theo who froze on the big stage? Did he realise we didnt have pace upfront or maybe battle in Midfield? No, no, no and no! 70 mins were gone before he brought on young Tom and Cody! 70 yes 70 of the worst minutes of football the world has ever seen had been played before any sort of Sub or tactical change was made! how long do you think Mourinho or Fergie would have left it?

On another note well done to the two who ran on! just a shame only two had the balls! 

[quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But..... *it would cost a lot of money to do so *it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc. *he did well in pre season, 1 game and everyone calling for him out? *Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment? *Butterworth and Crook may not want to stay if Gunn goes. *it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here. OTBC[/quote]

1/ He should resign anyway after that result,

2/ Boothroyd plus others available

3/ Pre-season counts for nothing really I''m afraid

4/ Yes reasonable point with Delia in charge, but still think Boothroyd would come

5/ Butterworth & Crook must share the blame, did Crook scout the Keeper???

6/ Gunns wages are money down the drain, so if we have to pay more for competence it will benefit us in the long run

Sorry Brendan, Gunny''s appointment was crazy, most City fans were horrified to see it happen last season, and even more horrified to see it confirmed for this season. We said he should go before his reputation was tarnished, too late now, 7 -1 wasn''t a blip, it was a team totally off the rails without any sign of leadership on or off the pitch.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But..... *it would cost a lot of money to do so *it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc. *he did well in pre season, 1 game and everyone calling for him out? *Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment? *Butterworth and Crook may not want to stay if Gunn goes. *it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here. OTBC[/quote]

4/ Yes reasonable point with Delia in charge, but still think Boothroyd would come

6/ Gunns wages are money down the drain, so if we have to pay more for competence it will benefit us in the long run

Sorry Brendan, Gunny''s appointment was crazy, most City fans were horrified to see it happen last season, and even more horrified to see it confirmed for this season. We said he should go before his reputation was tarnished, too late now, 7 -1 wasn''t a blip, it was a team totally off the rails without any sign of leadership on or off the pitch.

[/quote]

Agreed a 2-1 loss would of been a blip! 7-1 is a failure of earth shattering proportions!

If one more person uses our unbeaten pre-season as a reason to keep Gunn on I think I''ll cry.I like Bryan Gunn - he''s one of the nicest, most honest guys around... he''s Norwich through and through and would do absolutely anything to help the club succeed....but then again, so would I - but I''m not a football manager and neither is he. I can''t honestly think of a single reason why he should stay in charge, because he''s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is ever going to be a football manager. 20 games in charge, and with the exception of the Barnsley game where the players were free from Roeder''s grip for the first time, it''s been the worst 20 games in the club''s history. I don''t know how anyone can defend his record, or yesterday''s defeat.

I never wanted him as manager, last season or this season. But many many many city fans wanted him! i said he deserves a chance but i dont think we should sack him, he should leave but he wont, all im saying

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But..... *it would cost a lot of money to do so *it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc. *he did well in pre season, 1 game and everyone calling for him out? *Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment? *Butterworth and Crook may not want to stay if Gunn goes. *it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here. OTBC[/quote]

All your reasons are rubbish.
a) we have money
b) Butterworth and Crook are equally responsible for this so who cares if they go too?
c) he''s been in charge for 20 games.
P20 W5 D5 L10
d) he said "judge me on my own team."  Compare Charlton away to Colchester at home. See any difference?  Me neither.

[/quote]

You shot him down in flames.

Ah, the old, low post count poster and PRO clubite all rolled in to one, a tactic worthy of Jaqui Smith herself.

Poor old Gunny is going to be the fall guy this season, his appointment as manager was the easy cheap option. He''s presided over a good pre season and walked into a Col U team that was up for it and we all thought it was going to be a stroll in the park. The team needs to stick together and galvanise for a long hard season, confidence will be below zero at the moment but the players collectively should bear the responsibility for the trosh they gave us on Saturday. Gunny''s jobs for Monday1, tell Thik Lotus that Alnwick has the keepers spot while he practices netball2. Give the players some shooting practice (paint balling will do)3. Give the players tamiflu jabs and tell them its performance enhancing.4. Pray to mecca (its on the Aylsham Rd)

Knowing our luck though, if Gunn was to leave or be sacked, the board will most likely put Butterworth or Crook in charge which would be a bigger disaster if you ask me!

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

Agreed a 2-1 loss would of been a blip! 7-1 is a failure of earth shattering proportions!

[/quote]

Agree - a massive loss but I think we should give it 2 or 3 more games

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]Yes, i would like another manager as much as anyone. But..... *it would cost a lot of money to do so *it would probably take at least 2 weeks for us to find another manager, plus more time for him to get to know the staff, players etc. *he did well in pre season, 1 game and everyone calling for him out? *Who else would want to manage Norwich at the moment? *Butterworth and Crook may not want to stay if Gunn goes. *it would cost money to hire a new manager, and they would probably be on a higher wage than Gunn Any more reasons please feel free to post them in here. OTBC[/quote]

All your reasons are rubbish.
a) we have money
b) Butterworth and Crook are equally responsible for this so who cares if they go too?
c) he''s been in charge for 20 games.
P20 W5 D5 L10
d) he said "judge me on my own team."  Compare Charlton away to Colchester at home. See any difference?  Me neither.

[/quote]

worse!

We all know that Gunn wont be sacked after the first game but give it 4 - 6 games and if we get on Delia''s and Gunn''s back they will have no choice.  Ady Boothroyd is licking his lips!

[quote user="Brendan"]I would be happy if he left this moment and we got Boothroyd or Dowie in the next 2 days. BUT ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I believe sacking him now will mean we finish in a worse position to what we would do if we dont. He''s not gonna leave! Whens the last time a manager left cause their w*nk?[/quote]

Peter Grant, for all his faults he had the decency to walk away.