Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Bye Bye Wes

He was one of a very few who had a half decent performance today, his head dropped very early on though. No way is he going to stay with us after todays disaster, who could blame him for wanting away, there will be lots of interest now.

He will go before the window shuts,to be honest at 4-0 down the entire teams heads had hit the floor,Wes looked up for it in the first 10 minutes but soon faded as the goals went in.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]He will go before the window shuts,to be honest at 4-0 down the entire teams heads had hit the floor,Wes looked up for it in the first 10 minutes but soon faded as the goals went in.[/quote]

We did look OK for the first 10, total lack of guts after that.

I hope he doesn''t leave because he''s a quality player but if we don''t get some decent results before the end of August then he could be a goner.

Wes might be a quality player but he was bloody awfull yesterday and went totally missing when we needed the experienced players to grab the game when we conceeded a couple of quick goals. The midfiled was non existent yesterday, they gave the defence no cover and created nothing going forward. Wes was part of that midfield and as much to blame for the defeat as anyone else.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]He was one of a very few who had a half decent performance today, his head dropped very early on though. No way is he going to stay with us after todays disaster, who could blame him for wanting away, there will be lots of interest now.[/quote]

I can blame him because he was part of the team that lost 7-1, that was part of the Norwich team that got relegated. I agree he didn''t play as bad as the rest, but did he play good? Thought he was Ronaldo trying to take on the whole defence and just got tackled. Last season he missed the last few games but, the team should have picked up enough points from the start of the season to stay up. He has no right to leave but, probably will.

I honestly saw a different player to most of you yesterday... I thought Wes was one of the few players who made himself available for the ball throughout the 90. He was having a crappy time of it, no one was picking up his runs and no one was moving for him to make passes. I''ve never seen the ball go backwards and sideways so often in one game but Wes did make runs - almost all of which were ignored.

[quote user="Romantic"]I honestly saw a different player to most of you yesterday... I thought Wes was one of the few players who made himself available for the ball throughout the 90. He was having a crappy time of it, no one was picking up his runs and no one was moving for him to make passes. I''ve never seen the ball go backwards and sideways so often in one game but Wes did make runs - almost all of which were ignored.
[/quote]I saw the same as you did. If we lose him it really will be goodbye. There were many fans not bothered about losing Croft, Fotheringham, Lee and some not minding Russell leaving, wish they were all here now as I believe them all to be better than what we have. Add Pattison to that lot as well.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Romantic"]I honestly saw a different player to most of you yesterday... I thought Wes was one of the few players who made himself available for the ball throughout the 90. He was having a crappy time of it, no one was picking up his runs and no one was moving for him to make passes. I''ve never seen the ball go backwards and sideways so often in one game but Wes did make runs - almost all of which were ignored.
[/quote]I saw the same as you did. If we lose him it really will be goodbye. There were many fans not bothered about losing Croft, Fotheringham, Lee and some not minding Russell leaving, wish they were all here now as I believe them all to be better than what we have. Add Pattison to that lot as well.[/quote]Oh, then there was Marshall who many thought was useless. Wish he was still here.

He is a quality player, but can not be played left win anymore, not in a 4 man midfield. How many times was Drury stranded 2 v 1 yesterday, or had no pass down the line when he had the ball?

Must keep Wes though!

[quote user="Stop The Rot!"]He is a quality player, but can not be played left win anymore, not in a 4 man midfield. How many times was Drury stranded 2 v 1 yesterday, or had no pass down the line when he had the ball? Must keep Wes though!Ever since he came here he has always wandered inside from LW, so needs to be played behind a front man and accomodated in centre of midfield. It is a problem but up to manager to solve it.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Now I like Wes as much as most, but thought he was poor today. Mind you, they all were.[/quote]

He was extremely poor and showed little appetite for a fight. He is a good player but a luxury we can''t afford and if we get an offer above £500k I would snap their hands off.

No, I would still keep him and would not consider anything less than a million. Give him the position he wants and get the team playing how we should be, then he will be a very important player.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Romantic"]I honestly saw a different player to most of you yesterday... I thought Wes was one of the few players who made himself available for the ball throughout the 90. He was having a crappy time of it, no one was picking up his runs and no one was moving for him to make passes. I''ve never seen the ball go backwards and sideways so often in one game but Wes did make runs - almost all of which were ignored.
[/quote]I saw the same as you did. If we lose him it really will be goodbye. There were many fans not bothered about losing Croft, Fotheringham, Lee and some not minding Russell leaving, wish they were all here now as I believe them all to be better than what we have. Add Pattison to that lot as well.[/quote]without being funny fotheringham would have walked into the team yesterday