Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Crooks recommendation?

Whilst Bryan Gunn has rightly taken some stick nobody has mentioned Ian Crook. Can we assume that the recruitment of this appalling keeper was based on his recommendation?

[quote user="John Page"]Whilst Bryan Gunn has rightly taken some stick nobody has mentioned Ian Crook. Can we assume that the recruitment of this appalling keeper was based on his recommendation?
[/quote]

Yep, and Nelson would have been Butterworth''s. All 3 can f*** off.

lol agreed, Congratulations to Nelson for acheiving the seemingly impossible task of being more hapless than Gary Doherty.

Gonna go out on a limb and say he may not be an appalling keeper.It was an awful debut, that''s for certain but I think a combination of things got to him. For one I doubt he''s played in front of crowds size/volume very often, if ever. Then Semi''s horrible backpass (and it was truly horrible) dropped him right in it. From that point on he and most of the rest of the team were like rabbits in headlights. I think to single him out is unfair. 90% of the time the whole team let us down yesterday. Honourable mentions to Wes/Holt and Martin at times for at least looking like they might be professional footballers and to Adyemi and Cody when they came on. Other than them, Theoklitos was no worse than the rest of the team. Just looked worse because the buck stops with him.That said I would drop him for the few games at least, along with several others. But never play them again? I don''t think we can afford that!He did come highly recommended not just by Crook but by most impartial observers. A friend of mine who emigrated to Oz a few years back and follows their national leauge reckoned he looked like a decent aquisition and seemed suprised we''d managed to sign him.

[quote user="John Page"]Whilst Bryan Gunn has rightly taken some stick nobody has mentioned Ian Crook. Can we assume that the recruitment of this appalling keeper was based on his recommendation?
[/quote]

Not according to my son, who asked him that question at the Fakenham game a few weeks ago. 

[quote user="Beaker"]lol agreed, Congratulations to Nelson for acheiving the seemingly impossible task of being more hapless than Gary Doherty.[/quote]

And I though that would take some doing

[quote user="Herb"]Gonna go out on a limb and say he may not be an appalling keeper.It was an awful debut, that''s for certain but I think a combination of things got to him. For one I doubt he''s played in front of crowds size/volume very often, if ever. Then Semi''s horrible backpass (and it was truly horrible) dropped him right in it. From that point on he and most of the rest of the team were like rabbits in headlights. I think to single him out is unfair. 90% of the time the whole team let us down yesterday. Honourable mentions to Wes/Holt and Martin at times for at least looking like they might be professional footballers and to Adyemi and Cody when they came on. Other than them, Theoklitos was no worse than the rest of the team. Just looked worse because the buck stops with him.That said I would drop him for the few games at least, along with several others. But never play them again? I don''t think we can afford that!He did come highly recommended not just by Crook but by most impartial observers. A friend of mine who emigrated to Oz a few years back and follows their national leauge reckoned he looked like a decent aquisition and seemed suprised we''d managed to sign him. [/quote]Despite thinking he should be given another chance, the bolded statement is above as he comes from Melbourne Victory who averaged 41,089 fans last season.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Not a great debut, the jurys out, but Everton wanted him and Man.Utd enquired, so got to give him a chance[/quote]

Is that really true Chippy?