Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Colchester to rub salt in our wounds..........

Not really, we made one when we beat Leamington 9-1, and we had a promotion at the end of that season... ;)

Hoping this will be a best seller in the Norwich area, you can throw them at Gunn next time.

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Not really, we made one when we beat Leamington 9-1, and we had a promotion at the end of that season... ;) Hoping this will be a best seller in the Norwich area, you can throw them at Gunn next time.[/quote]

Leamington ??? Was that worth a dvd ? [:)]

Well it''s good that you have something to laugh about i guess!

You talk as if we''re the minnows enjoying our day in the sun, you forget our previous meeting was in the Championship so one victory in League One is certainly not something we''d settle for as the high point of our season.

However, 7-1 away in a derby game against the team whose fans were singing "we''ll never play you again" in 2007 is definitely worth a DVD thanks, mine''s on order!

YOU sad gits!

[quote user="domingo little oakley"]Well it''s good that you have something to laugh about i guess! You talk as if we''re the minnows enjoying our day in the sun, you forget our previous meeting was in the Championship so one victory in League One is certainly not something we''d settle for as the high point of our season. However, 7-1 away in a derby game against the team whose fans were singing "we''ll never play you again" in 2007 is definitely worth a DVD thanks, mine''s on order! YOU sad gits![/quote]

A derby game, don''t flatter yourselves.

It''s a big occasion for them, as they are a much smaller club than us so let them enjoy it.I''m sure they will cream themselves over how amazing they were, when in reality it seems to be an average side beating a Norwich side not fit enough to grace the Blue Square Premier.It''s the biggest day in their history.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Plus it isn''t a derby game, we only care about Ipswich not a tiny Essex club.[/quote]Don''t even really care them TBH. There''s only one club in the east, Ipswich are Londons cabbage patch and nothing more.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="domingo little oakley"]Well it''s good that you have something to laugh about i guess! You talk as if we''re the minnows enjoying our day in the sun, you forget our previous meeting was in the Championship so one victory in League One is certainly not something we''d settle for as the high point of our season. However, 7-1 away in a derby game against the team whose fans were singing "we''ll never play you again" in 2007 is definitely worth a DVD thanks, mine''s on order! YOU sad gits![/quote]

[/quote]

After yesterday''s result the term flatters you!

Biggest day in our history, nah I think that would have been getting promoted to the Championship - sure you''ve spent a lot of your history at a higher level still but at the moment it seems you''re a bit shite.

We will enjoy it and no amount of condescension from Massive City will taint that :)

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Not really, we made one when we beat Leamington 9-1, and we had a promotion at the end of that season... ;) Hoping this will be a best seller in the Norwich area, you can throw them at Gunn next time.[/quote]

Who do you support?

[quote user="domingo little oakley"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote] After yesterday''s result the term flatters you![/quote]

You shouldn''t throw stones in glass houses, your ''''off day'''' will come as a team, and god forbid anything bad happening at your club.  Gloating isn''t flattering at all.

I wait for your ''''bad day'''' in football then I hope there will be a few of us invading your scummy message board.

Ipswich v Norwich was always a derby, you don''t even fall in the same catagory you nugget.

Oh I know all about glass houses and casting the first stone - it''s just that we have a good manager, a solid team and an owner who has a clue what he is doing, so it''s hard to see how that old adage applies here.

Our scummy messageboard can be found at forum.cu-fcchat.com. I am sure you will be bookmarking it as you care so little about us.

No it ''aint boss. Colchester beating Leeds United in the FA cup, when they were top of the league and almost unbeatable was a world apart from Saturdays game. Anybody old enough to remember Ray Crawford and Simmon''s goals which helped produce possibly the greatest FA cup shocks of all time?Andy

Me.  I was there.  Grown men cried and hugged each other (in a manly way of course in those days).

And this was no Carling Cup job - this was the Leeds first team of the time.  That said we got slaughtered in the next round but you must take your moments I think.

Another great moment was Port Vale 3 Tottenham Hotspur 1 because the Spurs superstars of the time could not cope with a pitch where you could have counted the active blades of grass.

Yeah that''s right.  Your scything through pass just died in the mud and  got wellied upfield......................[:P]

It was the great leveller of the time.  And much more interesting.

PS: I still have my programme signed by our team.  Didn''t bother asking the Leeds lot!

They were, from the back:

Graham Smith, John Gilchrist, Bobby Cram, John Kurila (we''ll ignore his spell with Sarfend), Brian Garvey, Brian Lewis, Brian Gibbs, Mick Mahon, Dave Simmons, Ray Crawford.