Sign in to follow this  
Romantic

One Game DOES a season make

Sadly in summary of the impact of yesterday''s game I have to say that one game does a season make... As a result of yesterday we now know that we''re not going up this season. Why? Because Gunn isn''t learning fast enough on the job. He''s not going to fluke it either - football''s far too complicated than that. I believe there''s a squad there but that there''s little or no evidence that Gunn is qualified to prepare them for competition or to make significant adjustments. By the time the situation gets extreme enough for him to walk or be removed it will be a case of damage limitation, not a proactive attempt to finish top 6. One game into a fortysix game season and I''m so sad to say that this is my prognosis. I hope I''ve avoided vitriol or hysteria in arriving at this conclusion but I honestly can''t see the season panning out any other way. The biggest disappointment for me yesterday was that I made the trip to Carrow road excited that there may be the prospect of enjoying a season of football - responding to wins, losses, seeing heroes and villains develop. I didn''t expect perfection, I knew as well as anyone that football is unpredictable and dynamic. But I could never have guessed that in 90 minutes I''d be forced to accept another season of politics and animosity. I don''t want to spend my life as a football fan caring about who''s running the club, who the board are and how they affect us - I really don''t. I want to watch football. Oh well... maybe next season?

every season one team will be totally out played and get a thumping!its just a shame it has happened to us and on our first game of the season to one of our east anglia rivals!

i dnt think this result will pave the way for the rest of the season!remember there is still another 45 to go and i still expect them to make a automatic place or a play off finish

Do you mean ''One game DOES make a season''?

I''d say we will have a clearer pictures this time next week, after the next two away games, as to what we have to watch.

The players could respond really well to this, use it as a motivating factor, they won''t want to look that stupid again.  Or we could see a downward spiral.  I''m kind of glad it was 7 instead of 3 in a way, whoever gets picked in defence will really need to be awake in future games.There is still a season of football to look forward to, regardless of this one game.

Absolutely. It sets the tone for the rest of the season.Even if a few decent results are strung together, there''s always the dreadful knowledge that a hideous capitulation may be just round the corner. I fear that building any deep rooted team confidence is now impossible.Rather like watching England play cricket, don''t you think ?

[quote user="Largey"]

Do you mean ''One game DOES make a season''?

I''d say we will have a clearer pictures this time next week, after the next two away games, as to what we have to watch.

[/quote]Yeah that''s what I meant. I know it''s a bit extreme but I hope I was able to explain why I feel this way. I''m shocked to be honest that I feel this way as I''m not someone who tends towards the knee-jerk. But the writing''s on the wall for another season with football taking a back seat. I''m gutted about that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The players could respond really well to this, use it as a motivating factor, they won''t want to look that stupid again.  Or we could see a downward spiral.  I''m kind of glad it was 7 instead of 3 in a way, whoever gets picked in defence will really need to be awake in future games.There is still a season of football to look forward to, regardless of this one game.[/quote]Yes the players could respond well to this. But I don''t think they are getting the type of management that a team requires to compete. I really hope I''m wrong but for me a ton of optimism was lost yesterday.

In the past 4 years I''ve only seen this club respond negatively to negative results, and i dispute every individual to the utmost who thinks this has now changed (or rather more i find the concept of change at this club laughable).Most of you may not realise it now, and it may not be for awhile that the majority do, but we have stumbled along without a shining light, and without hope for a long time now. There is ''no'' hope for us now, absolutely none of the club achieving the fans ambitions. We simply can''t achieve in any respect. Outside the community and local support, we lack all, and the most vital of ingredients that enable us to do so. We''ve been grinded down to the extent that see''s us now completely gutless and incapable of showing any sustained determination and positivity.This is going to be a ''very'' bad season, of that i''m sure, and truth be told, i always was (as some may know).