Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Gunn As Good As Gone

As soon as you lose the crowd in football management you are on borrowed time! it''s not looking good for Gunn now, after 20 games with him in charge the crowd has had enough, i only hope Mcnally and Bowkett act quickly so we can gain promotion this season, i fear though that Delia will not let them make any decisions and we''ll have another terrible and depressing season at carrow road,

what happens when the chief exec says gunn must go and delia over rules him?  will we have a situation were mcnally walks because hes not being listened to? from what i understand i doubt he is a yes man.

i''ve had discussions with mates that we all think mcnally will walk as he''s not a yes man, lets just hope that she just lets him get on with the job, sadly i fear not though!

IF things continue as they are on the field we have a totally different CEO to Doomy. It will be very, very interesting. From what I hear and read about the man I would guess there is steam coming out of his ears after yesterday. He has a pretty good reputation in the game and won''t stand for having it tarnished here. We must be careful not to tarnish him with the same brush as Doomy. This man is known for doing what needs doing. He is a key player and won''t just be a mouthpiece for the Smiths.

I Still believe that everything is in place for the RIGHT man to come in here and take us up at the first attempt. The the board must do it now!!. As unpopular as he may be - If Iain Dowie were to walk in here today - in time for Yeovil (with 2 weeks left of the transfer window) , I still think we''d have a chance!

i''m not expecting anything to happen just yet but i would like to think mcnally will look at the situation again after the wycombe game if we haven''t got at least 6 points by then.

Also, don''t forget we have a chairman who is not to be messed with. If Delia plays the old soldier again she may well be shocked at the reaction from those two.

Interesting times if Gunn doesn''t resign.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I Still believe that everything is in place for the RIGHT man to come in here and take us up at the first attempt. The the board must do it now!!. As unpopular as he may be - If Iain Dowie were to walk in here today - in time for Yeovil (with 2 weeks left of the transfer window) , I still think we''d have a chance!

[/quote]

Dowie??!! Now I know you''re a comedian.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

How would people react for Gunn if we went on to win the next 9 games?

[/quote]When can I expect to see you on mock the week? With jokes like that you''d fit in well![:P]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Also, don''t forget we have a chairman who is not to be messed with. If Delia plays the old soldier again she may well be shocked at the reaction from those two.

Interesting times if Gunn doesn''t resign.[/quote]Nothing will happen for a few games but I honestly think that Gunn will resign if he can''t get us back on track quickly.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Also, don''t forget we have a chairman who is not to be messed with. If Delia plays the old soldier again she may well be shocked at the reaction from those two. Interesting times if Gunn doesn''t resign.[/quote]

Nothing will happen for a few games but I honestly think that Gunn will resign if he can''t get us back on track quickly.
[/quote]

Wisful thinking on your part, Gunn would never resign from his cosy job at Carrow Road because he knows he''s got it easy here. Every time any form of job comes up he gets it, and it just so happens that the position of ''football manager'' came up and his ego just couldn''t resist applying for the job. Any man who says he cares about the club would put the club first and realise that they are not and never will be a football manager. Not Mr Gunn, however. He needs to realise just how out of depth he is and I suggest we protest in order to urge him to resign. Have him selling match programmes if he likes but please for God''s sake get this man out of the manager''s chair at Norwich City.

Have to agree with you alex. Everyone goes on about what a great ambassador Gunn is! Personally speaking, the times i''ve spoke to him i''ve found him rude, arrogant and up his own arse!

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Dowie??!! Now I know you''re a comedian.

[/quote]

Ian Dowie has a promotion under his belt.... taking a side from the relegatin zone to the playoffs and then the premiership.. takes something right to do that

jas :)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Also, don''t forget we have a chairman who is not to be messed with. If Delia plays the old soldier again she may well be shocked at the reaction from those two. Interesting times if Gunn doesn''t resign.[/quote]

Delia isnt going to appoint people who rock the boat.. McNally and Bowkett will kiss her feet.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Sorry CiB, but by the looks of yesterdays shocker we''ll be lucky not to conceed 5 every week. He won''t win 9 games all season and certainly won''t be the manager at the end of it!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Have to agree with you alex. Everyone goes on about what a great ambassador Gunn is! Personally speaking, the times i''ve spoke to him i''ve found him rude, arrogant and up his own arse![/quote]

Bryan Gunn is a proud man and will not resign. He will not want to loose face in the City or with his own family. Remember it was his daughter who used "Facebook" to promote her Dad to get the job. He will also have given his word to both Messrs Crook and Butterworth about seeing his term out.

Oddly enough it was the players after the Barnsly Game who wanted Bryan Gunn as manager. Bryan has repaid them for their support by either gettig rid of them or by dropping them from the team.

The  new Chief Executive will not walk because like Neil Doncaster before him he is being paid to do the job and his loyalty comes with his pay cheque..

Delia will not get rid of anyone as she cannot afford the severance pay having just forked out a six figure some for Neil Doncaster.

Sorry but their will be no changes this season unless it is and ownership change and I think the 1-7 drubbing has put and end to that one.

But when will Norwich City understand that Bryan Gunn is not a manager? He is a good motivator, a great guy, etc, etc. But there is more to being a manager than this!

We need someone who can understand what is wrong with the team, not someone who goes on with "This is just not good enough" and "I have told them, this is just not acceptable" If it was this easy running a team, I could do it as well.

7-1 at home in this division is enough to be sacked - sorry, Bryan.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Sorry CiB, but by the looks of yesterdays shocker we''ll be lucky not to conceed 5 every week. He won''t win 9 games all season and certainly won''t be the manager at the end of it!

[/quote]

I appreciate that mate, but the original question still stands.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I appreciate that mate, but the original question still stands.

[/quote]

it would merely paper over the cracks i think.. whilst we could win our remaining 45 games (i know it wont happen.. but just for sake of argument) Gunn would be seen as the messiah but the trouble at the club is deep seeded in its heart.. and it wouldnt be long before we ended up back here again.....

I certainly do not think our Cheif  Exec is yes man & I predicted problems with Delia down the road many weeks ago on here if Gunny started poorly.

Had Gunny only started "poorly" I would be alot happier.

Put it this way if a job came up in div 1, div 2 or even the Blue Square Gunny wouldn''t even get an interview let alone a job.

But  it is interesting to note that the Colchester fans were singing "Bryan Gunn''s a football genius" I wonder why ?

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Have to agree with you alex. Everyone goes on about what a great ambassador Gunn is! Personally speaking, the times i''ve spoke to him i''ve found him rude, arrogant and up his own arse![/quote]

Bryan Gunn is a proud man and will not resign. He will not want to loose face in the City or with his own family. Remember it was his daughter who used "Facebook" to promote her Dad to get the job. He will also have given his word to both Messrs Crook and Butterworth about seeing his term out.

Oddly enough it was the players after the Barnsly Game who wanted Bryan Gunn as manager. Bryan has repaid them for their support by either gettig rid of them or by dropping them from the team.

The  new Chief Executive will not walk because like Neil Doncaster before him he is being paid to do the job and his loyalty comes with his pay cheque..

Delia will not get rid of anyone as she cannot afford the severance pay having just forked out a six figure some for Neil Doncaster.

Sorry but their will be no changes this season unless it is and ownership change and I think the 1-7 drubbing has put and end to that one.

[/quote] Bryan Gunn will not want to lose  face in the City ? i think he has already well and truly done that , he is clearly the worst manager in our history and already a laughing stock .

I hope that you are wrong Jas regarding the CEO and Chairman being ''yes men''.

Based on the letter Bowkett wrote prior to his appointment and from his career record, this is not a man to be messed with. He had no need to take up the Chairmanship for the fun of it. I keep saying Delia has a big ego. She has been allowed to get away with it for years. If there is one person who can stop this rot within the club at the moment it is the Chairman.

Of course only time will tell. The problem is time is not a luxury we can afford.

People on this thred questioning Gunn''s ability to motivate really have missed the point about yesterdays humiliation. (Assuming they were there to see it of course)

The defeat was not down to any lack of effort or motivational skill from the side lines. It was quite simply down to a lack of skill and a bunch of players who looked like they had never played together as a team.

Question Gunn''s ability as a manager as much as you want, we all do, but don''t loose sight of the reason we lost. It wasn''t player lack of commitment.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I hope that you are wrong Jas regarding the CEO and Chairman being ''yes men''. Based on the letter Bowkett wrote prior to his appointment and from his career record, this is not a man to be messed with. He had no need to take up the Chairmanship for the fun of it. I keep saying Delia has a big ego. She has been allowed to get away with it for years. If there is one person who can stop this rot within the club at the moment it is the Chairman. Of course only time will tell. The problem is time is not a luxury we can afford.[/quote]

btw did anyone notice whether Bowkett was in the directors box yesterday? 

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Bowkett was not at the match.[/quote]

Now that''s very interesting.  What could be so important as to keep the new Chairman of NCFC away from the first home game of the season? 

Is he unwell?  Does he have the scans to prove it? [;)]

There''s more to this than meets the eye . . . perhaps the "Deputy Chairman" can tell us what''s going on . . .