Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Who was are last decent signing?

Seeing that most of Gunn new boys look awful it got me thinking who was our last good signing. I''m talking permanent not loanee as there was a bit of wheat amongst the chaff.

I guess Clinigan but he only played one season doesn''t really count in my book.

Mentions to Wes (but we still have no idea where to play him) and errrrr help me out

That''s not a good return in the last five seasons -

You can blame Delia all you like but the very fact that I can name 2 decent signings since relegation is the real reason we are in deep trouble the funny (or unfunny) thing being is that the man in charge of player recruitment is now the manager!!!

earny was 3 ? seasons ago and for mine money was one of the our worst ever signings - not him personally - it was just a case of right player wrong team. The poor bloke that no one to play off. I would have spent the earny money on Rob hulse and Tiny Taylor and we would still be a championship team.

Personally I would love to have been at Carrow road when Earny arrived - god knows what the three senior strikers at the time (Leon, McVeigh and Hucks) made of it.

What''s worse we then replaced earny with Cureton but still did''nt sign the target man which we were crying out for

Roeder
I think Lita on loan, had we not have already had so many loans - was a good signing.
Clingan, obviously, was a very good signing.
Hoolahan would be, if we could have managed him correctly.

Gunn
McDonald appears to have been a bargain. As for the others - useless it would seem.

Grant
sturggling here ... I really am struggling to find a good signing by Grant.

Worthington (since the promotion season)
Huckerby, Crouch, Harper - excellent signings.
Svensson and McKenzie - a decent premiership striker and a young promising lower league striker - really ambitious for the Championship (or division 1 ...)
Dion Dublin - perhaps the answer to your question? Stayed for 2 seasons and only left for retirement - gave it his all, and was influential during both his years here. Had it not have been for him, relegation could have come much sooner.

Am I right in thinking Dublin was signed by Grant?

I''d say Marshall was a ''decent'' signing.....he kept a clean sheet yesterday.....

Sorry my mistake, Grant bought Marshall thought didnt he? Grant made one good signing im sure!

[quote user="Largey"]Sorry my mistake, Grant bought Marshall thought didnt he? Grant made one good signing im sure![/quote]

Marshall was not a good signing for 1 million pounds. He must have made a good signing somewhere, but I am struggling at the minute.

It matters not what might be construed as decent signings, because we haven''t had a decent manager in yonks to manage them. That''s why it''s no coincidence that even players with some pedigree have turned to sh*t once they''re here, only to go elsewhere and actually thrive.Our management and coaching staff are rotten to the core because of complacency and more importantly, lack of skills required.All this bringing back former players as staff is destroying the club and we all know who''s responsible for that.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Largey"]Sorry my mistake, Grant bought Marshall thought didnt he? Grant made one good signing im sure![/quote]

Marshall was not a good signing for 1 million pounds. He must have made a good signing somewhere, but I am struggling at the minute.

[/quote]

Marshall''s goalkeeping in your away game v Sheffield United was every bit as atrocious as anything Theo managed on Saturday. 4-1  and he didn''t even have the excuse of Saturday''s defence.  That was truly dreadful goalkeeping. A nightmare game.

[quote user="Downloads"]Earny definitely, goal ratio spoke for itself.[/quote]

Actually, Downloads, I believe Lupoli''s goal ratio per minutes on the pitch was better than Earnmore''s.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Downloads"]Earny definitely, goal ratio spoke for itself.[/quote]

Actually, Downloads, I believe Lupoli''s goal ratio per minutes on the pitch was better than Earnmore''s.
[/quote]

So? Earnshaw was clearly still a better signing than Lupoli on loan.

I Think we are missing one player here who was in a class of his own last season!!! Il give you a clue, his initials were C.C !!!

Could very well be right, but with so few minutes on the pitch i don''t feel like i had enough time watching him to make him the last best signing.

My opinion on Lupoli - We should have played him. He scored for fun in the Arsenal reserves and he deserved his chance. Lightweight comments were way off the mark, can''t stand all this talk of needing some lumbering 7ft bloke, as shown yesterday, height is no replacement for pace.

[/quote]

Grant signed Chris Brown didn''t he?

He was a good signing. Just didn''t get enough credit for all the good stuff he did.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Downloads"]Earny definitely, goal ratio spoke for itself.[/quote]

Actually, Downloads, I believe Lupoli''s goal ratio per minutes on the pitch was better than Earnmore''s.[/quote]

So? Earnshaw was clearly still a better signing than Lupoli on loan.

[/quote]

So? I was simply supplying Downloads with a fact - he creams his pants at stats. 

And you''re still a tw4t.

I think you cream yourself when you read my posts, you seem to have some unhealthy fixation for me. My very own stalker.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i2Ih28F5L._SL75_SS50_.jpg[/img][img]http://greekturkish.18.forumer.com/html/emoticons/greekturkish/wank_opt_6.gif[/img]Downloads with Play Girl magazine.

[:D]