Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

MCNALLY!!!!

I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]I''d never heard of Norwich being in League One, and then losing 7-1 at home in the first game of the season to a team who can at best expect mid table anonymity.  So I guess it''s new territory for all of us.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]Or even after 30 minutes like the two heroes wanted him to be. Although the game was an unmitigated disaster it is 1 game so let''s see how team performs over next few weeks.

We''re going to sack him after going pre-season unbeaten??? Good one...

It''s a pretty much brand new team, out of those that started yesterday only Doc and Hoolahan fetured regularly last season under Gunn.

I don''t think Gunn is the right man for the job but i do think it''s be mighty unfair to sack him after one game with his new team.

[quote user="Lambo"]We''re going to sack him after going pre-season unbeaten??? Good one...

It''s a pretty much brand new team, out of those that started yesterday only Doc and Hoolahan fetured regularly last season under Gunn.

I don''t think Gunn is the right man for the job
but i do think it''s be mighty unfair to sack him after one game with his new team.[/quote]

urghhhhhhhhhhhhh contradiction in terms?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

I''d never heard of Norwich being in League One, and then losing 7-1 at home in the first game of the season to a team who can at best expect mid table anonymity.  So I guess it''s new territory for all of us.
[/quote]The 0-4 after 20 minutes was enough for some to forecast that the season was already over. Long way to go yet and don''t know what to expect next, we''ll just have to wait and see what transpires. 

No there''s not, I''m being realistic and fair.

I DON''T think Gunn is the right person for the job, but neither do i agree with sacking a manager after pretty much rebuilding the squad and that new squad playing 1 game.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote] No but you don''t often get a performance like that on the 1st day of the season do you?

[quote user="Lambo"]No there''s not, I''m being realistic and fair.

I DON''T think Gunn is the right person for the job, but neither do i agree with sacking a manager after pretty much rebuilding the squad and that new squad playing 1 game.[/quote]

but hows this moving forward,blindly supporting a manager not up to the job.. yes gunns a nice man,but he is destroying this club with continued naivety!!He may stumble along,but is this what Norwich city needs? Get a Manager in!not a friend!

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

I''d never heard of Norwich being in League One, and then losing 7-1 at home in the first game of the season to a team who can at best expect mid table anonymity.  So I guess it''s new territory for all of us.
[/quote]The 0-4 after 20 minutes was enough for some to forecast that the season was already over. Long way to go yet and don''t know what to expect next, we''ll just have to wait and see what transpires. [/quote] Maybe but after yesterday what would you put your money on promotion or relegation? 

As i''ve said, i''d give him a couple more games, maybe til the next home game, if things haven''t improved after those 3 games then by all means sack him.

[quote user="Lambo"]As i''ve said, i''d give him a couple more games, maybe til the next home game, if things haven''t improved after those 3 games then by all means sack him.[/quote]

i would be suprised if they dont improve,crist we were dumped 7-1! he hasnt got it...nothing tells me  from interviews to tactics..its just not there!

[quote user="JF"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

[/quote]The 0-4 after 20 minutes was enough for some to forecast that the season was already over. Long way to go yet and don''t know what to expect next, we''ll just have to wait and see what transpires. [/quote] Maybe but after yesterday what would you put your money on promotion or relegation? [/quote]I really am concerned as to the quality of the new players we have brought in. Hoolan looks streets ahead of everyone else in the team, which worries me as he is not at his best.

I do''t hold out a lot of hope but hope to goodness I''m wrong and that this was just a massive blip.

[quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]I''d never heard of Norwich being in League One, and then losing 7-1 at home in the first game of the season to a team who can at best expect mid table anonymity.  So I guess it''s new territory for all of us.[/quote]The 0-4 after 20 minutes was enough for some to forecast that the season was already over. Long way to go yet and don''t know what to expect next, we''ll just have to wait and see what transpires. [/quote] Maybe but after yesterday what would you put your money on promotion or relegation? [/quote]I really am concerned as to the quality of the new players we have brought in. Hoolan looks streets ahead of everyone else in the team, which worries me as he is not at his best.

I do''t hold out a lot of hope but hope to goodness I''m wrong and that this was just a massive blip.

[/quote]

this is the whole problem we are hoping he lucks out!! you cant continue wit this!

I actually think bar Theoklitos and Semmy we have a squad good enough to do well.

It''s how they''re managed thats the issue.

Obviously you can only play one of Docherty and Nelson rather than playing them together.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

[/quote]The 0-4 after 20 minutes was enough for some to forecast that the season was already over. Long way to go yet and don''t know what to expect next, we''ll just have to wait and see what transpires. [/quote] Maybe but after yesterday what would you put your money on promotion or relegation? [/quote]I really am concerned as to the quality of the new players we have brought in. Hoolan looks streets ahead of everyone else in the team, which worries me as he is not at his best.

[/quote]

this is the whole problem we are hoping he lucks out!! you cant continue wit this!
[/quote]The straw I cling to is that the pre-season was good. Now that maybe because they were just Friendlies, we won''t know until we have given the team a chance and just see what transpires.

[quote user="Lambo"]As i''ve said, i''d give him a couple more games, maybe til the next home game, if things haven''t improved after those 3 games then by all means sack him.[/quote] yeah i would agree with that. after 6 games we have to be in the play off positions at least we can''t afford to be playing catch up.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]We will see if has any balls......if Gunn was at any other club, he would be sacked!
[/quote]

Admitedly, a couple of losses now and Gunn should be toast, but I don''t agree with your ridiculous judgement of McNally.

We done so well in pre-season because they were friendlies against opposition who wern''t going to get stuck in and against teams who play less of the physical, long ball stuff.We will get found out big time in this league under Gunn''s tactics.

[quote user="Lambo"]I actually think bar Theoklitos and Semmy we have a squad good enough to do well. It''s how they''re managed thats the issue. Obviously you can only play one of Docherty and Nelson rather than playing them together.[/quote]It worrired me that  some Colchester players looked more comfortable on the ball than any of ours except for Hoolahan.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]We done so well in pre-season because they were friendlies against opposition who wern''t going to get stuck in and against teams who play less of the physical, long ball stuff.We will get found out big time in this league under Gunn''s tactics.[/quote]

agreed bumpy, he just didnt change against colchester! very worrying! and the talk of butterworths low experience!

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lambo"]I actually think bar Theoklitos and Semmy we have a squad good enough to do well. It''s how they''re managed thats the issue. Obviously you can only play one of Docherty and Nelson rather than playing them together.[/quote]It worrired me that  some Colchester players looked more comfortable on the ball than any of ours except for Hoolahan.[/quote]

It was their first competitive game though, they were always going to be slightly nervous.

Thats why i''d lay the blame at Gunn, it''s his job as manager to rid them of any nerves they had and in-stall a sense of beleif clearly lacking yesterday.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lambo"]I actually think bar Theoklitos and Semmy we have a squad good enough to do well. It''s how they''re managed thats the issue. Obviously you can only play one of Docherty and Nelson rather than playing them together.[/quote]It worrired me that  some Colchester players looked more comfortable on the ball than any of ours except for Hoolahan.[/quote]

It was their first competitive game though, they were always going to be slightly nervous.

Thats why i''d lay the blame at Gunn, it''s his job as manager to rid them of any nerves they had and in-stall a sense of beleif clearly lacking yesterday.[/quote]7-1 is more then nervous!

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

Steve Coppell , Man city, 1994... if it wasnty the first game it was the first 3.... look it up.

jas :)

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]Or even after 30 minutes like the two heroes wanted him to be. Although the game was an unmitigated disaster it is 1 game so let''s see how team performs over next few weeks.[/quote]

Nob

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve not heard of a club sacking their manager one game in to the new season...[/quote]

Steve Coppell , Man city, 1994... if it wasnty the first game it was the first 3.... look it up.

jas :)

[/quote]

He quit.  Look it up.