Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Theo to start tomorrow night

I have been told that after the game Saturday (evening) Gunn admitted that he had thought long and hard about tomorrow nights game and has decided to start with Theo in an attempt to build his confidence up as he feels that by dropping him his confidence would be totally shattered and he would be left with a keeper who is on a long contract but not playing. Expect the defence to change and cody to be first choice striker as Gunn also admitted that him, grant and Adeyemi were the only ones who didnt do themselves any harmGunn also admitted to having a teacup incident at half time though swap the teacup for bottles

If true then I think it''s the only sensible move. You''ve got to give him a shot at redemption. Anything else would be crazy.

Interesting.  I have to agree that freezing Theo out completely now is not an answer.

Whilst they did not concede 7, Gomes at Spurs looked a completed liability initially but they stuck with him and he looks quality now.  I think we need to see if this was a one off or if that is what we can expect week in week out from him before deciding his future.

As to the teacups/bottles, not really sure what impact it would have had at 5-0 down, maybe it stopped us losing 10-0!

not sure its a good idear.. the fans are going to be expecting the first mistake.. he will have no confidence in his defence and they wont have any in him....

if we lose the game and he doesnt play well, or if we win and he drops a howler then its going to be very difficult for all parties and it will be best if he leaves....

Im really hoping he puts in a performance! he has to!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not sure its a good idear.. the fans are going to be expecting the first mistake.. he will have no confidence in his defence and they wont have any in him....

if we lose the game and he doesnt play well, or if we win and he drops a howler then its going to be very difficult for all parties and it will be best if he leaves....

Im really hoping he puts in a performance! he has to!

[/quote]He''s here to play footy Jas. No hiding place at all. He''ll want to play against Yeovil. If he doesn''t and he''s already bottled it then his career is dead in the water.

he needs to play, dropping him now will destroy his confidence, as has been said.

We have to keep faith in him, and we will see dividens from it

[quote user="Duffman"]TheoSpillaneNelsonAskouWigginsWall-eHughesAdeyamiWesCody Grant[/quote]

I would stick with that team but put maric upfront instead of Grant, we need the confidence that he has in scoring goals.

Big mistake, agreed that dropping him now would shatter his confidence as the defence was partly to blame but at least 3 goals were down to his complete ineptness in goal.Paul Gallagher had a similar match a couple of years back letting in 2 free kicks and he was instantly bombed out of the side and a succession of loan keepers came in.Theo unfortunately is not up to scratch and has been a big mistake, theres no point continuing with him.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would swap Nelson for Doc, Wiggins not fit so will be Drury or Lappin but the rest is what i would think[/quote]???Nelson was shocking and worse than Doc

Playing Nelson or Askou with Doc won''t work.  No pace.   The scouts for Yeovil and Exeter were there on Saturday and know that to beat us you just have to push the ball beyond our central defenders and they''re too slow.     Askou looks good, but has no pace either.  Nor Stefanovic.  The only central defender we have with any pace is Spillane.  He has to play with one from Nelson, Askou and Doc.  Which means he''s not available to play right back, I know, but we simply can''t play two central defenders without pace: we might as well play two wheelie bins.

agreed.. Clive Platt is a bit of a lumbering old style sort of striker yet he turned Nelson quite easily i seem to remember.

Thats what i meant, tho i admit i didnt put it that way i was replying to the team posted above. Doc had a bad game but he has proved over the last couple of seasons that he IS one of our best defenders and im sure he will again this season. I cant believe how slow Nelson was made me look like Usain Bolt!!!!

[quote user="Hucks NO Legend"]he needs to play, dropping him now will destroy his confidence, as has been said.

We have to keep faith in him, and we will see dividens from it[/quote]You are blind, did u go to the game? Have you seen the total ineptness shown by this clown?He''s not good enough, end of, get rid.

i havent seen Askou yet, does he really have no pace? if so that is very worrying indeed although i thought i read he looked good in the pre season games but then again some people said that about Theo and some of the others so guess cant go on that

I agree that if Gunn does not play him Tuesday his career could be over, but you have to ask why is he so willing to sub other players and how would you feel if you were on the bench still as reserve Goalie and saw that joke of a performance and still didnt get on the pitch.

Gunns mistake was not to sub him at half time then we might have got really back into the game to at least shut up shop and salvage some pride

Trouble is if we lose against Yeovil and Theo makes a mistake will be curtains and let us not forget the rest of the defence were no better

I still believe at the end of the day it is the manager where buck stops and Gunn has proved beyond any doubt he could not inspire even a Man Utd team to beat Colchester let alone our team. Remember this is our worst ever home defeat and Gunn tries NOT to take any of the blame. I think he kicked around with Roeder too long! To NOT doubt yourself as a manager after that match beggars belief

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would swap Nelson for Doc, Wiggins not fit so will be Drury or Lappin but the rest is what i would think[/quote]Wiggins needs game time and its a cup game.   When will get games if he doesnt start tomorrow ?Its the lesser of two evils with Doc and Nelson it seems.   Was so disgusted by the way Doc got turned by Lisbie for that 2nd goal that I dont want him in the team no more.  

Anyone know what Theos contract entails. If it`s a 2 or a 3 year one then we can`t afford to bail out. The more I think of Dave the Strikers contract the more I believe it was a good idea and the way to go with untried / untested foreign players who may or may not addapt to the English league.

I think playing Theo again is a top idea, just a few more heavy defeats and we might be able to get rid of clueless Bryann at last, and force the boardroom decision that should have come after the Charlton game. Saturdays game has shown that he cant cut it and that it is just a matter of time before he is ousted, and if it comes sooner rather than later we might be able to get the season back on track. I''m pinning my hopes on a sunderland-esque situatution where Quinn realised he wasnt up to it, moved on and brought keane in, and they went from bottom of the league, to the top.....  

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]would swap Nelson for Doc, Wiggins not fit so will be Drury or Lappin but the rest is what i would think
[/quote]

Wiggins needs game time and its a cup game.   When will get games if he doesnt start tomorrow ?

Its the lesser of two evils with Doc and Nelson it seems.   Was so disgusted by the way Doc got turned by Lisbie for that 2nd goal that I dont want him in the team no more.  

[/quote]

Well what about how easily Nelson got turned for the 7th goal? Just a simple poke and he was completely done, leaving us completely exposed, also for the fifth goal he was marking lisbie got completely in the wrong place and didn''t even challenge resulting in Lisbie flicking it in from 5 yards. Nelson is worse than Doc. Jason Shackell on loan anyone?

We shall see what the management team can come up with now. I have had a long and hard, sometimes quite angry thoughts and I sort of agree that the keeper needs another game if Gunn thinks he has a future with us. If he doesn''t play, then he will sit and stew in his thoughts for far too long and when he does play, this would have played over his mind time and time again. At least if he plays, then he can hopefully make an early save and he will have confidence.

Gave my Hartlepool supporting mate a tinkle last night, apart from the expected abuse I got, he said that Nelson is slow and cumbersome, but he rarely does get exposed, he said that he had some really good games with them but had the occasional dip, ala Saturday. He said he needs pace around him.