Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why you picked you Avatar Image?.

I love these new boards, they give you a bigger selection from which to express you emotions in your posts.

But when I see the posters avatar image, I often wonder why a particular poster choose the ones that they did.

OK, City Angel and Morph''s superb examples are self evident, but others tend to be more obscure. So come on, help us all out, why did you chose yours?.

What about mine?, well its a power spell of protection, against the Keeper or Nameless One of the Underworld (no childish Harry bloody Potter stuff for me!) so now you know mine.

I cannot claim any success in downloading it though, that was done for me by the very kind Vince at the Pink Un. Plus, I must acknowledge the helpful advice giving to me by Morph. Cheers fellows.

Well about mine then :-

I tried and tried to install a picture of Gorleston sea front, but it just wouldn''t take, so I waded thro a 33000 clips disc and I saw this chap in yellow & green.

Will bear with this til my computer-wiz son is home again and shows me how to install the former.

I still do not understand how the hell you get a picture on there.  Call me old fashioned but I click on the control panel and the Avatar and then I am knackered it says enter a publicly accessible URL to your avatar image and upload your avatar and I just dont understand this.  Maybe just being plain stupid but could somebody talk me through it in laymans terms.

PLEASE

Mine is what I''d like on the back of my shirt...perhaps on the 05/07 shirt to see out my 3rd and 4th years at uni.

It took about 10mins to make in photoshop after scanning the picture of the back of the shirt in the merchandise catalogue.

I think I''ve changed my avatar image about five times.

Mine is from the BBC website. I had wanted to use my Ginger Pele one but it was way too big. Then I used an animation of a hamster running on a wheel to represent the Pink''Un server, but they seem to have sorted out their problems so it seemed a bit unfair.

I looked through loads of fire images but found nothing decent surprisingly enough.

First Wiz,

Having spent 22 years in the RN which I left in 2002 I will no doubtedly have a picture of a ship to go with my name once I can get somebody to explain how I do it cos I am totally confused.

Hi Wiz!

I have just changed mine to be more representative!  I have gone for the front cover image of Anne McCaffrey''s Dragonflight - I, like you, am obsessed with all things magical and fantastic.  I chose this image because of the colouring, naturally!

My previous avatar was one of the logos of the project I work on.

[quote]First Wiz, Having spent 22 years in the RN which I left in 2002 I will no doubtedly have a picture of a ship to go with my name once I can get somebody to explain how I do it cos I am totally confuse...[/quote]

NavMan: As someone with ''salt'' in my blood, I, like you, was so desperate, I turned to the super friendly guys at the pink un, or rather they contacted me. Just leave a personal message for one of them. Gawd, I hope I have''nt now opened the flood gates here!, sorry if I have Pink Un people.

PS. I scanned images in Google for the picture I wanted, and then right hand clicked it, and then saved it in :My Pictures. May I suggest you type something like: British Naval warships, in the search bar at google. Its sure to come up with something you like.

Thanks Wiz.  I have actually managed to save a picture of a warship in my pictures and when I click on browse under the avatar bit my pictures then comes up but I am stuck as from there.  Thought you just right clicked the picture and pasted into the picture area of the avatar but when I right click the avatar picture area paste does not come on.  Perhaps I am doing it completely wrong. 

Web team can you help cos it is driving me mad as nobody at work has any idea either.

If you''re using the Upload Avatar box, once you''ve found the picture using "Browse..." click Open. This will put the path to the picture into the form.

Then click Update. This will upload the picture on your PC to our server. Once it''s done, the page will refresh and your Avatar should appear.

If not, just email it to me - vince.yallop@archant.co.uk

Alright dere our kid...For obvious reasons I suppose - but I also like the sentiment attached to the "Scouser" as there are far too many hysterical sentiments posted on this board and "calm down" is the mantra that should be applied to some of the more trigger happy (or should that be keyboard happy) members of the forum.

Thanks Vince.  Done as you said and it said picture has saved successfully so will see if it comes out on this.

Just testing mine. Wonder how many will pick up on my sign off phrase? By the way Wiz, how are the Crystal Balls? 

mine is coz thats what i do? football manager/coach! also refers to my wheeler dealer ways on managerial games where i find good players at cheap prices (often from russia)

Well, I am the Paradox & my image is of myself. I have to be honest, it''s not as I usually look, but a photo taken of me as I celebrated Christmas at my girlfriends house with a few other mates (smytherlips & Canaria Glorificus to name but two).

We had to dress as something Christmassy, so off I went to the fancy dress shop. The first thing I saw was this Bee outfit, so without further adoo Isurged forwards, grabbed it, took it to the counter & it was mine.

The nonchalent grin and champagne toast is to Worthy & his troops....

Here''s to you Worthy!!

mine is due to the fact that im wrinkly and after a days work i feel 800 years old . or  its because im a star wars nut .

Well I picked mine because when I was a kid I LOVED superted!  Absolutely loved him.  When I was just a baby my older sister gave me a superted teddy, which she previously owned.  This bear went everywhere with me when I was young!  I still have him on top of my wardrobe.  Obviously the cartoon rocked as well  

this is the reason we are in the premiership. he can turn a game around at the drop of a hat so what better avatar than that eh

The last game at Crewe last season, our own tribute to Iwan in his last game for the Canaries. The picture is taken by the penalty spot where he scored his last goal for the club. Web team Peter is in the picture as well.

My name is from a character in Duel Masters (a trading card game my 8 year old makes me play every day). The names are all fantastical and Xeno is my favorite (closely followed by La Ura Giga!). So the picture is of the Xeno Mantis (and it''s green) and it looks like me when I get home and find that the washing up hasn''t been done.

I''ve only just managed to get the picture sorted out today after reading Pete''s advice on the threads. It was surprisingly easy in the end.

As Ayrton Twigge is my alter ego it seemed only right to select an appropriate heroic image - and I have chosen Ernest Shackleton, the Antarctic explorer, a hero of mine, for whom the phrase "never mind the danger" could have been equally apt.

Now I need to sort a signature.

any opportunity to remind us of this occasion has to be taken. especially memorable for me as i was one of the lucky few in attendance on this great (but damn cold) December day last year!

as a bit of a Hip Hop fan, (none of that 50 Cent, Pdiddy rubbish, the Proper stuff) i always admire a bit of artistic Grafitti. So, when walking home via Anglia Square a couple of weeks ago i laughed my ar*e off when i saw this wonderfull piece of art.

If you can''t read it the text at the bottom says "Back of the Net".

don''t get me wrong i dislike the fact that he''s now synonimous (sp?) with our fine city, but i''m also a massive fan of The Day Today and Partridge''s World Cup preview is a classic bit of comedy.