Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Should we keep Theo in for Yeovil?

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Stick, for what it''s I believe he''s not as bad as  his performance on Saturday, and it isn''t worth runing his Norwich career just yet by dropping him...[/quote]

I agree, I reckon we should give him another chance.

He probably isn''t too bad, and maybe it was just a blip on Saturday?

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Stick, for what it''s I believe he''s not as bad as  his performance on Saturday, and it isn''t worth runing his Norwich career just yet by dropping him...[/quote]

agree [Y]

We shall see what the management team can come up with now. I have had a long and hard, sometimes quite angry thoughts and I sort of agree that the keeper needs another game if Gunn thinks he has a future with us. If he doesn''t play, then he will sit and stew in his thoughts for far too long and when he does play, this would have played over his mind time and time again. At least if he plays, then he can hopefully make an early save and he will have confidence.

agree

Gunn has been in the same position as a keeper and I think this is one area where I would trust his judgment.  That is not to say that I think Theo will be able to turn things around, but think Gunn knows what will help him along most.

not good enough for blackpool, then again its only yeovil; but to be humiliated by yeovil can we take the risk

What would be so bad about a chocolate fridge?

I''d play him, just so we can see if Saturday was actually a blip or not. If he has another shocker, and turns out to be the next Simon Tracey, then get rid, but 1 competitive game isn''t enough to form a valid opinion.

If we lose because of it, it doesn''t really matter. It''s hardly like morale can get much lower...

Maybe he wasn''t good enough for Blackpool, but that was a few years ago and injury curtailed his appearances for them. Maybe if he was worth it, then they would have carried on their interest once the injury had been sorted.

He does come highly rated and surely there must be something in his game that made Gunn get him, one bad performance does not make him a bad keeper and I hope he does come back and does well.

[quote user="loz h"]not good enough for blackpool, then again its only yeovil; but to be humiliated by yeovil can we take the risk[/quote]

Good enough to be voted ''keeper of the year down under and to be on the fringes of the national side...

Exactly, you can''t give up on him for one bad performance, ok, pissspoor. He will want to do well. But as he may be more confident but we have to hope that the back 4 have complete confidence in him, otherwise they will be worrying about him and not concentrating on their game.

i cant believe what im reading, to give this guy another 90 mins would be disastrous alnwick for me needs to be in Theo is not good enough to play for us and thats plain to see

One swallow does not a summer make.

Not even a swallow wearing a sombrero and drinking Pimms.

Having witnessed his performance first hand I''ve seen enough to make me think that he is not going to be good enough, anyone can make mistakes but the number he made in a single game and the manner of some of them doesn''t fill me with any confidence. The way I feel at the moment I hope I never have to watch him play in goal for us again, I just hope for everyones sake he proves me wrong

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Exactly, you can''t give up on him for one bad performance, ok, pissspoor. He will want to do well. But as he may be more confident but we have to hope that the back 4 have complete confidence in him, otherwise they will be worrying about him and not concentrating on their game.[/quote]I''m sorry, it wasn''t a ''bad'' performance, it was a pisstake of George Weah''s cousinesque propotions. If Gunn had any sense he''d get him in his office, give him a 1 way ticket to Australia and tell him a taxi''s waiting outside to take him to the Airport.

To be fair he wasn''t the only one, Doherty, Nelson and Otsemebor were also pretty bad and it wouldn''t bother me if they never played for us again. At the very least I''d expect never to see Doc and Nelson together at the back again, any team with pace will rip us apart just like col who did if they play together again.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Well if Theo really is that bad and it wasn''t just a one off, Gunn should be sacked on the spot.
[/quote]

Wouldn''t have a problem with that.

[quote user="Scotty121"]i cant believe what im reading, to give this guy another 90 mins would be disastrous alnwick for me needs to be in Theo is not good enough to play for us and thats plain to see[/quote]Start believing it. Although he had a shocker, playing him again is the only realistic option. Drop him and we''ve got dead weight on the wage bill for two years. Alnwick''s only here for a couple more months. let''s not forget and we haven''t got the money to go looking for a new full-timer. If he has another shocker, then sure, he has to go, but in our situation that''s got to be an action of last resort. 

[quote user="kdncfc"]To be fair he wasn''t the only one, Doherty, Nelson and Otsemebor were also pretty bad and it wouldn''t bother me if they never played for us again. At the very least I''d expect never to see Doc and Nelson together at the back again, any team with pace will rip us apart just like col who did if they play together again.[/quote]On I quite agree. There are whole list of people who should never pull on a Norwich shirt again, Nelson among them.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Playing Theo would be like buying a chocolate fridge!!

No.[/quote]Surely you mean a "chocolate oven"?I prefer the old saying "about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike" myself. :P

"One swallow does not a summer make.

Not even a swallow wearing a sombrero and drinking Pimms."

Quality! :)

I agree - got to give him another chance...