Sign in to follow this  
spud down the road

Settle an arguement please...

I think he has done ok too..to be honest Drury is the one who at times as made a few bad mistakes..particulalry his heading..he too often heads his clearances back into the danger zone....but then the Premier is new to most of the players and they are all adapting well.

Holt is improving game by game..Flem has been outstanding as has Charlton. They were up against probably the most powerful header of the ball in Cole on saturday and they coped reaLLY WELL.

Bring on the next game!

I am probably on of those who is ''having a pop'' at Eddie.  Reading my posts you will see that I hve consistently stated he is solid and able in his defensive duties.   My comments about Eddie are purely around how the team can perform better. 

My assessment of Eddie is that he and Helveg have similar strengths defensively so the choice between who plays in the team comes down to their attacking contribution.  In the games we have seen Helveg he has lacked mobility whereas we know that Eddie can bomb up and down the wing all day supporting his right midfielder.  Eddies down side, also Helvegs strength, is his passing which continues and has always left a lot to be desired.

Unfortunately the diamond formation makes it very difficult for either full back to get forward - no blame on Eddie there - but it does take away any advantage he has over Helveg.  Hence my view that Helveg should come in for Eddie - as a side we would lose nothing in an attacking sense but would probably give away possession less as Helveg can find a yellow shirt better.

I have never booed any individual or group of city players at the ground but will share my thoughts elsewhere.  I am more that happy to see Eddie in the team - we know exactly what we wil get from him as he is a model of consistency, indeed steady, capable and industrious.  I just think the current team would be better with the flank engine.

So ends the case for my defence, m''lud.

OTBC 

I think our defence has looked more organised and solid with every player improving with each match,including Edworthy unfortunatly we have always had a minority of "fans" who only seem happy when there is something to moan about ,if there isn''t they just invent things ,at the moment it appears that it''s Edworthy''s turn.Who knows give it a month and we''ll probably hear the 1st Worthy out chants from these pratts!!

I am against Eddie being in the team too.

I would go further than Zipper and say he''s an outstanding defender. Ok, sometimes he gets caught out by his man, but we (as far as I can remember) have NEVER been caught at the back post with Eddie in the team. He''s good in the air too.

But here''s the issue - he''s soooooo limited as a footballer. Compare him to any rightback in the country (natural right back that is, not Phil Neville) and he is outclassed. He can''t pass further than 10 feet, he can''t cross very well (remember Steeno anyone?), his attacking positional sense is dreadful (how many times have you sat there thinking "overlap, for God''s sake Eddie OVERLAP!!) and his touch is poor.

This is why I feel that, although Marc has done little wrong and deserves credit, it would give us another dimension to our play to get in Helveg as soon as possible and try and get him up to speed.

Also, I would never boo a player or dis him while he was on the field.

Having said that, I am coming very close to running on the pitch and hitting David Bentley with a wet fish and shouting "NEXT TIME, PASS IT!!!"

LoL - next time I see Bentley with the ball I will be looking out for a cod weilding bloke in a banana costume running beside him! I know exactly what you mean tho.