Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

the doc

im sorry but we will get relagated again with him he is a shocking player and always has been, he can''t start the next game surley but saying that nelson looks just as clumsy. anyone know if we have ang young up a coming centre backs because we need a few.

Doherty is a player who needs someone pacy alongside him - this has always been the case.  I think he has looked good playing with Spillane and Askou so hopefully we will see this again tomorrow.

Doc was poor on saturday but I still think he''s a decent defender. We need Spillane to come in for Otsemabor and probably Askou in for that cartehorse we''ve bought from Hartlepool.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Doherty is a player who needs someone pacy alongside him - this has always been the case.  I think he has looked good playing with Spillane and Askou so hopefully we will see this again tomorrow.[/quote]after that performance saturday i would put Spillane + Askou in...This will be AGAIN were Gunn will shows he has no idea about management...while he manager we will struggle

I''ve always stuck up for Doc as he has always been solid although admitedly never much pace, but on Saturday he looked as if he had lead in his boots - time to let him go or at least pair him up with someone who has got some pace. We can''t use the Doc/Nelson partnership again - slow and slower!

Our fitness in general looked lightyears behind Colchester''s, but in particular the back four (well three, that''s probably not fair on Drury)Doherty just gave away free kick after free kick and just couldn''t keep up with play. He needs to spend a few weeks pounding on the treadmill until he''s fit enough to compete at a League One level.

While the back four didn''t shower themselves in glory, far from it, the midfiled did leave them HOPELESSLY exposed all match

Sooner Hughes starts the better

The Doc may have the turning circle of Dawn French, but in a straight line he has always had enough pace about him,

[quote user="Norwich"]Well Spillane can go CB, and a plus he is quite quick![/quote]

No, he really isn''t.

He''s young compared to the others but he''s not quick.

I don''t think that he has enough physical presence yet. One day, maybe. He is not blessed with pace too. From what I have seen of him, he does like the rash challenge.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I don''t think that he has enough physical presence yet. One day, maybe. He is not blessed with pace too. From what I have seen of him, he does like the rash challenge.[/quote]

Agreed. He isn''t strong enough and he''s got no pace. He''s not particularly great with the ball at his feet either.

I think people have got a bit carried away with him and I expect if he does get a run in the first team then it''ll become more obvious he''s not up to it.

Yeh, Lisbie just out paced him then stoped and turned him inside out.Embarasing rookie error from someone who is alegedly Player of the Season candidate.I just wonder when he ever put in a performance to warrent a place in the starting XI much less player of the season.We have needed a new defender at Norwich City for years

The Doc

Is the most pathetic excuse for a footballer I have ever seen. Played against better in local league football.

What astute management by that tosser in charge to make him Captain.

Says it all...................

This is spot on, he really is terrible , their second goal was comical. He ran past Doherty after after giving me a ten yard start then beat him twice on the edge of the box before hitting his shot.  He is such a poor player and really can''t see us improving at the back until he is dropped. It is such bullsh*t when people keep saying he needs to quick player playing next to him !! I would honestly say he is top three worst players at the club. The worry is Gun has made him captain and obviously likes him. I would really love to see a run of 5 or 6 games without him in the team and see how we get on, should hopefully then make everyone realise what one of the main problem is !

I''m going to match Doc''s hattrick of relegations with a hattrick of my own. 3 negative comments about Doc on 3 separate threads in 5 minutes.

He

Is

Crap

As we all know Norwich''s slide started exactly the same time as Doherty joined us. We win the league and get to the Prem, then Doc signs.

Ever since that fateful day Norwich have done nothing but get sh*tter and sh*tter. Coincidence?

You know i predict another coincidence.

The Doc will be partnered with someone else tomorrow or the next game and we will get a better result than 7-1 and someone will say that Doc was the God of the defence, not the new player just brought in.

True, it really is amazing how many people back him.

I remember talking to some Spurs fans when we went down to White Hart Lane in 2004/5. They were pissing themselves laughing about us signing Doherty from them. They were holding there sides in fact doubled over laughing in the pub, especially as we paid the best part of a million!!

I have heard various people say Doherty is quick but cant turn, unfortunately football is''nt all about running in straight lines, and i''m not that convinced he runs that quick in a straight line either. I have also heard that we need to sign someone quick to play alongside him, so we now have to bring players in to compensate for his weaknesses aswell (those players often have their own striker to deal with without worrying about always covering someone else). I have heard alot of ''they cant play together'' talk over the last 4-5 years (why is it always the other players fault i.e Fleming, Charlton, Shackell, Kennedy, Nelson). He is also bound to be one of the top earners at the club and didnt actually look that much better than Nelson who has had a undestinguished career in the lower leagues and is probably paid accordingly. This all suggests one thing to me, that he should have been replaced in the summer. ( i do think he tries hard though).