Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Darren Eadie on Talksport after the game

At about 6.30pm on Saturday I heard Darren Eadie on Talksport with Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein. Eadie said the problem with our team now is "Bryan Gunn has bought league 1 players, therefore we are a league 1 team". I agreed with this point. You need a mix of League 1 players, but also a good few players who could quite easily cope at Championship level.

I can''t remember his exact words, but Eadie didn''t seem too happy with Bryan Gunn. He did say something about Gunn''s half time team talk being a waste of time as it didn''t do any good at all.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]

At about 6.30pm on Saturday I heard Darren Eadie on Talksport with Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein. Eadie said the problem with our team now is "Bryan Gunn has bought league 1 players, therefore we are a league 1 team". I agreed with this point. You need a mix of League 1 players, but also a good few players who could quite easily cope at Championship level.

I can''t remember his exact words, but Eadie didn''t seem too happy with Bryan Gunn. He did say something about Gunn''s half time team talk being a waste of time as it didn''t do any good at all.

[/quote]

we were 5-0 down at half time.. what exactly does Darren Think gunns team talk was going to do?

jas :)

I think the rolling over had been completed by halftime - technically we only lost the second half 2-1.

Win the 2nd half atleast. I know we had no chance of winning the game after halftime, but if we won the 2nd half 2 or 3v0, it would show that maybe, BG isn''t useless.

I think what Eadie was referring to was the team and Gunn having a bit of respect and pride for themselves and us by coming out and getting at least 2 or 3 goals back, something to give us hope. However, we rolled over again. Brilliant Gunny, just brilliant.

[/quote]Your first paragraph referring to what DE said re; Div 1 players is really worrying. We have never had this sort of player at club before except for outstanding ones such as Clingan. Fear that players like Croft. Fotheringham, Marshall and Russell will be sorely missed. Let''s hope Hoolahan stays.

There was adebate over whether Gill was better than Russell, all I will say is Burnley would not want Gill.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canaryfan7"]

[/quote]

we were 5-0 down at half time.. what exactly does Darren Think gunns team talk was going to do?

jas :)

[/quote]Some would say it was an opportunity to take stock, make changes and get out and prove that the 1st half was a bizarre blip...?

The worrying thing is I spoke to Eadie over the summer and he told me that Gunn had always wanted this job and now he has it, he will fight tooth and nail to keep it! 

Just what we need!

The game may have been over at half time but it would still have been nice for the players to come out fired up for the second half and got 2 or 3 goals back without conceding to recover a bit of pride but the useless tools didn''t even have the decency to do that.

[/quote]

Are you saying that Gunn invited Darren into the dressing room at half time to hear his team talk because I find that a little unbelievable.