Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

keeper to retain number one spot ...?? surely not

oh dear .

maybe they should stick him in the reserves for a few weeks to regain some confidence .im not happy if this clown is playing tuesday night ,.he should have been brought off saturaday at 2-0 down .

thoughts ... ???

I would have sent him back to play with the abbos and put Ben in, anyone see the penalty save at the manure match the other week, he should be our No1, I heared him say he would like a season here so why not try  for it he is 4th in line at Spurs anyway

from what i saw he looked like he was having a panic attack after he saw lisbie .!!!

we cant put this man in goal again colchester hardly looked any good .. which concerns me when we play a good team like leeds ..

I think if Gunn drops him then he may as well pack his own bags as well. If he drops him it destroys his NCFC career. He won''t come back from that. And if Gunn choses to do that then he''s admitting that his number one transfer target was so poor that he lost faith in him after 90 mins (or more likely 20).

For the sake of the 2 year contract that we''ve handed out we need to give Theoklitos a clean slate and a start against Yeovil. He''s played at a reasonable level and even represented Australia, a team that got out of the group stages at the last world cup. He simply can''t be as bad as he was Saturday. He can only improve.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

I think if Gunn drops him then he may as well pack his own bags as well. If he drops him it destroys his NCFC career. He won''t come back from that. And if Gunn choses to do that then he''s admitting that his number one transfer target was so poor that he lost faith in him after 90 mins (or more likely 20).

For the sake of the 2 year contract that we''ve handed out we need to give Theoklitos a clean slate and a start against Yeovil. He''s played at a reasonable level and even represented Australia, a team that got out of the group stages at the last world cup. He simply can''t be as bad as he was Saturday. He can only improve.

[/quote]

But how many chances do you think he should have?  10 matches into the season? 20?

[quote user="pete_norw"]I would have sent him back to play with the abbos and put Ben in, anyone see the penalty save at the manure match the other week, he should be our No1, I heared him say he would like a season here so why not try  for it he is 4th in line at Spurs anyway[/quote]

Yeah i saw the penalty, it made Evra''s yesterday look good.

I know he didn''t shine but was he that responsible for the first goal? I think that is what set the tone.

The back pass was awful, he might have been sent off for handling it since it was clearly a back pass that was going over his head.

Also Lisbie nearly nicked it when it bounced which mus have put Theo off.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

But how many chances do you think he should have?  10 matches into the season? 20?

[/quote]

Oh lord no, another performance as bad as that and he can''t do anything else but drop him. But we have to give a debutant the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was a freak result and give him another shot. If we don''t we''ve given up on him immediately. 

[quote user="singing canary"]oh dear .

maybe they should stick him in the reserves for a few weeks to regain some confidence .im not happy if this clown is playing tuesday night ,.he should have been brought off saturaday at 2-0 down .

thoughts ... ???[/quote]The next first team game is the first round of the carling cup.  We normally play our youth goalie in that fixture - if Theoklitos plays it will actually be a come down for him.I would expect him to play tuesday but not saturday if he has gone down in the rankings.