Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

McKenzie and McVeigh

I think that both should start on Tuesday against Bristol. a, because its not an important game and we can experiment a bit, and b, both have looked so sharp when they''ve come on as subs, and been far more positive when going forward.

On Tuesday we should play 4-3-3

Green

Edworthy-Fleming-Charlton-Drury

McVeigh-Francis-Bentley

McKenzie-Doherty-Huckerby

Possibly play Helveg in place of Edworthy and Jonson for Bentley, just to give them a competitive game and more experience with the team.

everyone agree?

I think that a lot of the starting 11 should get a full rest - no hux, flem, greeno,  etc.  Bring in Leon, sven, Jarvis. Henderson, Shackell Brennan etc with Helveg for fitness for Liverpool Holt for a good game, francis to buck his ideas up after his excellent start.

Ward

Helveg    Docherty   Charlton    Brennan

Henderson  Holt         Francis      Jonson 

Svensson    Leon

Subs

gallagher,  Shackell (45 mins for Charlton), Jarvis (45 mins for Leon),  Mullers, McVeigh

OTBC

i would not play that team. for me it would be more like....

ward/gallacher

helveg shackell charlton/fleming brennan

jonson mulryne safri mcveigh

jarvis mckenzie

bench: gallacher/ward, charlton/fleming, henderson, svensson, briggs.

After Jarvis''s goals for England and the reserves surely he''s got to be given his chance?

Be nice to see Mulryne back in the team too.

Ward

Helveg / Shackell / Briggs / Brennan

Jonson / Mulryne / McVeigh / Henderson

Svennson / Jarvis

For me

A fairly attacking formation, but who cares..its the League Cup where we have a shocking record! Plus, Bristol Rovers are League 2 so they won''t have quality throughout.

Gallacher

Helveg  Docherty  Shackell  Brennan

Jonson  Mulryne  McVeigh

McKenzie

Jarvis     Svensson

Subs: Ward, Fleming or Charlton (on for Docherty), Henderson, Safri, Francis
Not exactly a great bench, but it would be good to experiment with players lacking pitch time this season.

Is Briggs back yet?

I agree with brum uni boy. there is no chance of the likes of greeno, hucks and bentley starting. Guarenteed to start will be Mcveigh, Ward, Helveg, Jonson, Mckenzie, Mullers and Brennan

I am convinced that Jonson and Helveg will start to get their fitness levels up and acclimatise them to the british game.Cant see us playing many of the first choicers with points the priority - why risk an injury to hux with the oct/nov fixture we have coming up?OTBC

Huckerby, Safri, the back four, Holt, Francis, should be rested, and Green too.. Brennan, the viking crew, Hendo, Gallacher, Shackell, all need games... dont forget the reserve fixture tonite, Mulryne wil  play in that game. Lets keep the core of the side fresh for a big test saturday. Hoping for a good result here, and some good performances from the fringe players.

I reckon a bit of experimentation is needed but as we need to concentrate on the prem, the experimentation should be to find alternatives for that.Forget 4-3-3, we''ll never play that in this league - not with Huckerby up front who won''t track back effectively.NW should use the game to experiment with strike pairings and tactics to get the balls up to them. So lets try McKenzie up front with Svensson and Henderson subbing one-another. As for the midfield, lets get Safri in a flat 4 with Johnsson and McVeigh out wide - and sub Mulryne on for the Moroccan. Pace up the wings and hungry strikers....