Sign in to follow this  
JTG

Southampton sign Rickie Lambert

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

This is just he ammunition Wiz needs.

I don''t believe administration is needed to get these results. We just need the cook to realise her tenure here has finished and we are in need of her to sell up.

[/quote]

And for a buyer to come in.
[/quote]

I thought that went without saying [:)]

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="ben86"]I think it''s more to do with us being the fourth richest club in the country then the fact that we went into admin. £2.5billion always helps.[/quote]

How so the 4th richest club?

[/quote]Erm there are only 3 richer clubs then us...Feel free to look it up.

Surely we are talking about rich owners? I''m not sure any of the owners have transfered all of their wealth to the clubs?

Ah indeed, Notts County, forgot about them, they pushed us down to 5th then.Yes rich owner = rich club, that''s how it works, hence us having money to spend.

Like was said, it doesn''t mean that they will spend all that money, all of the prem and Champ clubs have more money than you lot, its just that you have a rich owner.

Arsenal aren''t even close, don''t know about Spurs. No all of the champ and prem clubs don''t have more money then us, you literally just made that up.

Err no. You aren''t richer than Man U. If you were a rich club it would cost a lot more to buy Southampton than it would Man U. Clubs with wealthy owners usually find that the owners don''t use their own cash and the club just goes further into debt. They occasionally pay bits off so the club doesn''t look too unhealthy. When Southampton has the money itself, then it will be a rich club, rather than have a rich owner.

Norwich have neither and never will have with Delia!

[quote user="Downloads"]

Err no. You aren''t richer than Man U. If you were a rich club it would cost a lot more to buy Southampton than it would Man U. Clubs with wealthy owners usually find that the owners don''t use their own cash and the club just goes further into debt. They occasionally pay bits off so the club doesn''t look too unhealthy. When Southampton has the money itself, then it will be a rich club, rather than have a rich owner.

Norwich have neither and never will have with Delia!

[/quote]No sorry that''s utter drivel, the Glazers took a loan against the club to buy it, Man Utd are very very far from being rich, they''re hundreds of millions in debt. It''s a similar situation as Real Madrid have, they''re in stupid amounts of debt just the banks will never pull the plug on them.What do you expect him to do, transfer all his money for the club he soley owns into an account named "Southampton FC", what would be the point in that?

Ok, little math for you. Southampton new owner is worth around 2.5 billion, Arsenals main share holder is worth more.

I have not made that up, all of the prem teams have the money from Sky and ticket sales, so in essence they earn more money than Southampton. Just because the owner has a fair whack amount of money, does not mean that thye will spend it.

I''m not saying that your team is poor, far from it, but money from owners is normally used far less than the income from tickets, stuff at club shops and TV package.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Ok, little math for you. Southampton new owner is worth around 2.5 billion, Arsenals main share holder is worth more.

I have not made that up, all of the prem teams have the money from Sky and ticket sales, so in essence they earn more money than Southampton. Just because the owner has a fair whack amount of money, does not mean that thye will spend it.

I''m not saying that your team is poor, far from it, but money from owners is normally used far less than the income from tickets, stuff at club shops and TV package.

[/quote]Apologies, I googled it and it came up with this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_the_owner_of_Arsenal_Football_Clubboth of who''m have no "serious" money.There''s a difference between income and being rich, all of the money they bring in from sky and tickets is then straight back out the door for inflated player wages.And again, I''m not saying we''ll spend it all, they''ve said they''re going to be sensible and spend what''s required, back fact is we simply are one of the richest clubs in the country now.

You need to Google properly.

Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke (born July 29, 1947 in Columbia, Missouri) is an American business entrepreneur who is listed in the Forbes 400 as one of the richest people in the world. His wealth is estimated to be about $3.5 billion and based primarily on real estate. His wife, Anne Walton, is a Wal-Mart heir. Kroenke is also the owner of professional basketball team Denver Nuggets and a minority shareholder of English football team Arsenal. He has twins; 16 year olds Katie and Brett.

He is one of the share holders.

Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke (born July 29, 1947 in Columbia, Missouri) is an American business entrepreneur who is listed in the Forbes 400 as one of the richest people in the world. His wealth is estimated to be about $3.5 billion and based primarily on real estate. His wife, Anne Walton, is a Wal-Mart heir. Kroenke is also the owner of professional basketball team Denver Nuggets and a minority shareholder of English football team Arsenal. He has twins; 16 year olds Katie and Brett.

[/quote]Yeah that''s what I was saying, that link was obviously wrong I guess.  Anywho http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/1003609/?type=display

[quote user="ben86"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]Yeah that''s what I was saying, that link was obviously wrong I guess.  Anywho http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/1003609/?type=display[/quote]I don''t have a problem with you and what you say is questionable, but out of curiosity, why are you on here anyway?

Will score more than you''re bloke. Plus you are bottom of the league and smell of wee and poo and Portmouth are a bigger club and yhou have Pardew. Is that childish enough for you.[;)]

Nice talking to you, go on home sunny to your little red board. Ta ta sweetie.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="ben86"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]Yeah that''s what I was saying, that link was obviously wrong I guess.  Anywho http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/1003609/?type=display[/quote]I don''t have a problem with you and what you say is questionable, but out of curiosity, why are you on here anyway?[/quote]Stumbled across the site when you had some big takeover thread about us, so thought I''d have another look after the weekends results, not trying to be a wum or anything just find some of it quite interesting, especially other clubs views on saints and our situation.

Will score more than you''re bloke. Plus you are bottom of the league and smell of wee and poo and Portmouth are a bigger club and yhou have Pardew. Is that childish enough for you.[;)]

[/quote]Lol good luck with the Shrewsbury striker, I''ll leave you to it.

[/quote]Unfortunately Holt won''t get anywhere close to Lambert''s goal total. Pardew can certainly do a job. They''ll very soon be overtaking us in the table. Can''t argue with the Portsmouth bit ;)

[quote user="ben86"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="ben86"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Yeah that''s what I was saying, that link was obviously wrong I guess.  Anywho http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/1003609/?type=display
[/quote]

I don''t have a problem with you and what you say is questionable, but out of curiosity, why are you on here anyway?
[/quote]

Stumbled across the site when you had some big takeover thread about us, so thought I''d have another look after the weekends results, not trying to be a wum or anything just find some of it quite interesting, especially other clubs views on saints and our situation.
[/quote]

You see where your cringeworthy "The Saints Might Not Exist By the E|nd of the Week" thread has got NCFC do you LQ???

Yet more people from around the country laughing at us... [:$]

You still ever so grateful that we are not in the Saints fans shoes???

Watch them come flying past us sometime in September.