Sign in to follow this  
JTG

Southampton sign Rickie Lambert

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8193383.stm

Indeed, and we''re still working on Jaidi''s work permit. Over the moon about Lambert.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="JTG"]That''s them back in the Championship then.[/quote]No more so than us signing Grant Holt gets us back there.[/quote]You''re joking, surely. The two players aren''t even in the same league. Well, technically of course they are. But in terms of individual quality Lambert is leagues aboth Mr Grant I''m afraid.

Holts not in the same class im afraid , the fact he left Forest and joined Shrewsbury tells you all you need to know about him , in fact didnt Forest finally go up after they got shot of him ?.

Whereas Lambert has left Bristol Rovers to go to a league 1 team.  Sorry, don''t follow you.  I was being lazy to be honest - they both scored shedloads of goals in this league last season, that was my comparison.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Whereas Lambert has left Bristol Rovers to go to a league 1 team.  Sorry, don''t follow you.  I was being lazy to be honest - they both scored shedloads of goals in this league last season, that was my comparison.[/quote]Again, surely you are joking? Holt scored a lot of goals in League 2, many of which were penalties. Lambert scored a lot MORE goals in League 1 and has a better all round game.

Like the above poster just said - Thats why you need a takeover - But administration more like it, that''s the only reason they have been able to spend a mil+

Clear the decks and start again with no debt.

I get slated everytime i say it, but bring on administration, then we get a more wealthy owner and the debt gone. Sure it might take a year to get back up, but we would at last be signing the better players in the league.

Southampton start with -10, but now they are signing better players than us. As it is they are only 9 behind us now. I don''t think anyone in their right mind would take Holt over Lambert if they are being honest.

I just hope Maric''s self confidence rubs off and he starts soon with Cody.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Whereas Lambert has left Bristol Rovers to go to a league 1 team.  Sorry, don''t follow you.  I was being lazy to be honest - they both scored shedloads of goals in this league last season, that was my comparison.[/quote] Surely Shrewsbury are in league 2 .

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Whereas Lambert has left Bristol Rovers to go to a league 1 team.  Sorry, don''t follow you.  I was being lazy to be honest - they both scored shedloads of goals in this league last season, that was my comparison.[/quote] Surely Shrewsbury are in league 2 .[/quote]

Oops, so they are !  Sorry, my mind is elsewhere.

[quote user="JTG"]That''s them back in the Championship then.
[/quote]

Bristol Rovers didn''t get promoted last year. One player doesn''t guarantee promotion. It might not work out for him there (clutches at straws)

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]

[quote user="JTG"]That''s them back in the Championship then.[/quote]

Bristol Rovers didn''t get promoted last year. One player doesn''t guarantee promotion. It might not work out for him there (clutches at straws)

[/quote]Can I have one of your straws please ?  Mine just broke.

[quote user="ben86"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYL2Ao2LzYWhoah.[/quote]

Strike a light!! Does that lad score any goals from less than 25 yards. Unfortunately he is the kind of big target man we have been missing for the last 5 years. He has proved his woth for the gas for the last couple of seasons and will continue to tear this league apart. -10 points or not, the saints will be in the mix come the end of the season. That is real ambition

This will bring on the massive debate about us going into administration, but it show, that Southampton can have masses of debt, go into administration and then buy bug. Its disgusting, they should be made to pay of all the debt. 10 points is bugger all.

I have always said that they will be up there at the end of the season, now they have Lambert, that should surely help them. One thing about him, is why has no bigger clubs been in for him, not that I know he hasn''t, but you would have thought he would have gone a while ago.

I didn''t even bother to hope re Lambert, it was obvious we wern''t going to sign a player worth a mil when they ended last season talking about how in debt we were going to be.

Freebies don''t mean they are crap, i''d love Owen, but it also means you won''t get a player like Lambert when you have to pay.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

This will bring on the massive debate about us going into administration, but it show, that Southampton can have masses of debt, go into administration and then buy bug. Its disgusting, they should be made to pay of all the debt. 10 points is bugger all.

I have always said that they will be up there at the end of the season, now they have Lambert, that should surely help them. One thing about him, is why has no bigger clubs been in for him, not that I know he hasn''t, but you would have thought he would have gone a while ago.

[/quote]The new owner paid off every penny of debt owed.

Its Ok to take the moral highground on certain topics. Murder, domestic abuse, slavery, civil rights etc. But its rubbish trying to take the moral highground about staying out of administration. Every one else throws the towel in and wipes the slate clean, gets lots of lovely quality players and motors up the league. Whilst we spiral downwards and downwards, living off loan players and mercenaries last season and freebies and cheap squad players this year. No such thing as a level playing field in this game anymore

Yup.

I''m not even considered mildly negative on this board, wait until the haters get here who wanted Lambert, then it will kick off!

Just goes to show going into admin is not necessarily the end as it is painted to be if its done at the right time. I bet they finish above us this season.

I think it''s more to do with us being the fourth richest club in the country then the fact that we went into admin. £2.5billion always helps.

This is just he ammunition Wiz needs.

I don''t believe administration is needed to get these results. We just need the cook to realise her tenure here has finished and we are in need of her to sell up.

[quote user="ben86"]I think it''s more to do with us being the fourth richest club in the country then the fact that we went into admin. £2.5billion always helps.
[/quote]

How so the 4th richest club?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

This is just he ammunition Wiz needs.

I don''t believe administration is needed to get these results. We just need the cook to realise her tenure here has finished and we are in need of her to sell up.

[/quote]And for a buyer to come in.