Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Doc to play for first goal?

Upon watching the highlights once more, watching Gary Doherty as the ball ricochets up in the air before Semmy lobs it back towards Theoklitos.

It''s quite clear the clueless captain points and shouts at Jon to kick it back to the keeper. Doherty has been the WORST player for Norwich in recent years when it comes to having no plan B and simply giving to the keeper to lump forward.

He''s not fit to wear the shirt IMO... Doc is a waste of space

Where is the edit button please... no idea what I meant by the title, let me rephrase...

Doc to BLAME for first goal

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Upon watching the highlights once more, watching Gary Doherty as the ball ricochets up in the air before Semmy lobs it back towards Theoklitos. It''s quite clear the clueless captain points and shouts at Jon to kick it back to the keeper. Doherty has been the WORST player for Norwich in recent years when it comes to having no plan B and simply giving to the keeper to lump forward. He''s not fit to wear the shirt IMO... Doc is a waste of space[/quote]

so why did our Manager make him Captain?????

Id like to put Nelson up for consideration on that goal. Yes, terminally stupid backpass and inexplicable keeper flap aside, Nelson should have been covering behind Theoklitos in the event that the ball broke away. You can see he spots the danger in the replays, but instead of covering he runs towards the ball and challenges for it with Theo and Lisbie- he misses all three, Theo misses the ball and the rest, as they say, is history.

No that isnt a red card it just would have been an indirect free kick in the area? or is that only if he catches it?

Another good point Mason. I really don''t think the two can work together. Personally Nelson and Askou should be the centre back pairing.

I can understand Nelson having PART of the blame however could you really blame him for not getting back in time? No player center back should expect his captain to demand a back pass. I, and everyone else in that ground was expecting Jon to lump it out of play or up field, anywhere but towards your own goal

Sorry chaps but you''re getting a bit carried away here and starting to talk out of your ar5es.

Doc had a very very poor game, and wasn''t the captain we needed, but the first goal wasn''t his fault (although he had a part to play in several). Just because he tells Semi to pass it back? He probably expected that someone as consistently inept as Semi to struggle with such a basic pass. Only Semi could have cocked it up so spectacularly, so he shoulders the blame, along with the keeper obviously. Semi is supposedly a professional footballer, and a 20 yard pass back to the keeper shouldn''t be such a problem. Let''s face it, he does fcuk all going forward.

I''m not solely placing blame on Doc however would you expect a so called captain to ask a player like Otsemobor who has struggled year after year, to play it back towards his own goal when he could simply lump it up field and clear all possible danger?

Our captain cannot be SO negative week in week out

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Upon watching the highlights once more, watching Gary Doherty as the ball ricochets up in the air before Semmy lobs it back towards Theoklitos.

It''s quite clear the clueless captain points and shouts at Jon to kick it back to the keeper. Doherty has been the WORST player for Norwich in recent years when it comes to having no plan B and simply giving to the keeper to lump forward.

He''s not fit to wear the shirt IMO... Doc is a waste of space[/quote]Ridiculous.  The back pass was on.  It''s not Doc''s fault that Semi shinned it thirty yards up in the air, one of the worst backpasses I''ve seen since Lee Dixon chipped his own keeper in about 1992.

I guess I''m just not a fan of the back-pass... it results in a hopeless ball kicked up field more often than not.

I would much rather see players do that very simple move themselves so such situations don''t come about... it''s the same outcome whether the defender does it or the goalkeeper does it.

I dont believe any of our goals lie at the door at any one of our players, each is a lovely concerted effort by several.

For example, the first is at least 4 man job- Otsemobor for making what can only be described as the worse backpass ever; Theoklitos for missing the ball; Nelson for defending like a 5 year old; and as you say, Doherty for telling Jon to do anything other than smack it into the Wensum.

Its just that, I personally noticed Nelson for more errors and after looking at the replays I felt I was justified- I never even noticed Doherty on that first goal as a result.