Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Is Semmy Mostly To Blame?

The fact is three out of four of our starting back four have absolutely no pace, the only man that does has half a brain therefore cancelling out his effectiveness. I would  like to see Spillane at RB, Askou and Doherty at CB ( i would now have Dario Dumic ahead of nelson in the pecking order) and Wiggins at LB

I recall Drury have a bad game, not saying he set the world alight, but he was ok, from what I could remember...

[quote user="Terry Fied"]I’ll bet that Semmy is quavering at all these adverse comments[/quote]

I doubt he can read, so it should be okay.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The backpass was the catalyst to everything that followed.  It was lazy and the most ridiculous back pass imaginable and was inevitably going to put the keeper under pressure.  If you back pass dont do it so it can go in the goal,  keep it on the ground and preferably to the keepers prefered kicking foot.

Yet JOke defender decides to loft the ball so that it was ALWAYS going to bounce(!) higher than the keepers head and if left untouiched was    Even if Lisbie had not followed in early without being able to use his hands to control,  the best he could do is chest it down before clearing - giving the u players plenty of time to put theo under a lot of pressure.

Its clear that if he was paying attention that there were colchester players were close enough to cause problems - yet his still chose to a back pass and b do it how he did.

If he choses to put the ball oout for a throw or just clear over his shoulder tehre is no pressure and we are still 0-0.

The man is a dozy liability and must be dropped.  

[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="Big Bob"]The fact is three out of four of our starting back four have absolutely no pace, the only man that does has half a brain therefore cancelling out his effectiveness. I would  like to see Spillane at RB, Askou and Doherty at CB ( i would now have Dario Dumic ahead of nelson in the pecking order) and Wiggins at LB[/quote]Agreed. Although i don''t think Drury necessarily need be replaced, he probably looked the best out of the four. Admittedly, short on pace but his understanding and positioning might make up for that.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The backpass was the catalyst to everything that followed.  It was lazy and the most ridiculous back pass imaginable and was inevitably going to put the keeper under pressure.  If you back pass dont do it so it can go in the goal,  keep it on the ground and preferably to the keepers prefered kicking foot.

Yet JOke defender decides to loft the ball so that it was ALWAYS going to bounce(!) higher than the keepers head and if left untouiched was    Even if Lisbie had not followed in early without being able to use his hands to control,  the best he could do is chest it down before clearing - giving the u players plenty of time to put theo under a lot of pressure.

Its clear that if he was paying attention that there were colchester players were close enough to cause problems - yet his still chose to a back pass and b do it how he did.

If he choses to put the ball oout for a throw or just clear over his shoulder tehre is no pressure and we are still 0-0.

The man is a dozy liability and must be dropped.  

[/quote]exactly.Back passes go along the groud, to the keepers strong side and off target.  Lisbie didn''t really need to touch the ball in my opinion he really just pinched a semi own goal.for all this stuff about never going as long as theo and or doherty are playing for us, that backpass, which was the worst I''ve seen yet basically lost us the game as it started the 3 goals in 9 minutes early period that killed us off - before then it was a 50-50 game.Frankly the man is a liablity and we need a new RB.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]No way.

I think that Semmy is awful, don''t get me wrong. In fact he is the worst right back I have ever seen play for city.

But...... for me the worst player on the pitch was Theo.

I don''t think that he can recover from it, this is Massimo Tiabi X 10.

I dont doubt that hes an alright keeper, but I just cant see him recovering from this. If Gunn starts him next game then I am officially boycotting the club.

The only way back for Theo for me would be to loan him to the conference and see how he gets on, if he cant cut it there then he can be sent home.[/quote]i thought you were cleverer than this JV... good luck boycotting the club. He''ll start the next game. (not read on through the other pages but i am sure you''ve got a few messages like this!)The back pass was awful, it happened right in front of me and semmy didn''t even look. In fact semi should have nodded it out for a throw in. theo came out and knew he couldn''t handle it... but then made the mistake of going to punch it... this would still have been a back pass. Therefore if he went to go handle it he could have gone to catch it. the first goal was Semmy''s fault by a million miles as he put the keeper in a totally unacceptable situation. This dented theo''s confidence and led to him giving the worst performance of a keeper i have ever seen.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Is Semmy Mostly To Blame?Yes! ............ again.[/quote]Short and to the point, but true! [:D]