Sign in to follow this  
Lord Flashheart

This Whole 'Hoping That City Loose' Thing

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]
Just to recap, I''ve no confidence in Gunn from what I''ve seen but for as long as he''s here I''ll hope he can turn things around. To me this seems sensible, to others it seems ridiculous. [:P]
[/quote]

It makes sense, we all want our team to do well.

But while you may *hope* for him to turn it round, on the basis of what you''ve seen so far, do you honestly believe he and his sidekicks have what it takes?

[/quote]

From what I''ve seen so far I''m rather sceptical to say the least, but I wouldn''t say I''m totally convinced that he will fail, and thus I feel rather resevered in calling for his head. I remember feeling the same way that season we reached the playoff final. We were battered 4-0 on the opening day by Millwall (?). Confidence was low, fans were pessimistic, some were even calling for Worthington''s head. We looked anything but a team who were destined to do rather well in the end. It''s things like this that make football the difficult to predict game that it is, and on that basis I guess I''m just a little more cautious when it comes to questions of whether we have the right man in charge or not. [*-)]
[/quote]

Lets not forget in our promotion season we drew with Bradford and lost to Northampton in our first two games.

Sunderland walked the Champs after a horrific start to the season a few years

I am hoping an early wake up call gives us plenty of time to put things right.

Saying that I think we pretty much know after 10-15 games what is going to happen for the season.

The fact is, Gunn is Not good enough, and it shouldnt take any more defeats for ''upstairs'' to realise this. Relegation last year was bad enough - he shouldnt have been allowed to carry on them. So, maybe you could say he was walking on ice a little. After saturday, that ice has well and truely cracked.We werent even in the relegation places until Gunn started working his magic - and look at the hate Roeder got. We''d be in a league above and NOT getting drubbed 7-1 at home by an average League one side if he''d have stayed. So what if he didnt like you and you didnt like him - I''d prefer that position for the club than their current predicament.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

You know the answer to this Flash. They want defeat for the ''greater good'' (have you seen Hot Fuzz?) because we will likely lose fewer points over the season if we were to lose a few games now and then get a quality manager in.

Whilst there is a chance we could win each game, the likelihood over the course of a season is that we will lose more and win fewer than we would under say Martin O''Neill. Even you can''t argue with that can you? Gunn has shown he is no exceptional manager over the course of 20 games. He has no prior experience. I''m not sure if he even has coaching badges? What more evidence do you need to know we are not going to excel or get the most out of the players we have with him in charge?

[/quote]

It''s it''s all down to probabilities then what makes them so sure that we''ll get in a "quality maanger"? What more evidence do they need that City don''t tend to get those very often? [*-)]

Just to recap, I''ve no confidence in Gunn from what I''ve seen but for as long as he''s here I''ll hope he can turn things around. To me this seems sensible, to others it seems ridiculous. [:P]
[/quote]

Yes it is all down to probabilities. What else to we have to use to predict the most likely outcome of the future assuming you want to be scientific about it? As far as getting a quality manager in, I addressed that in my previous post on this thread saying that getting rid of Gunn is not the answer and that we will only see improvement under new owners.