Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Mick Dennis on Talksport this morning...

What a complete and utter ****!

The Talksport presenters and the rest of the country texting in are ripping the piss out of Norwich, Delia and her fans and him and some other plank go on in complete support... [:|]

FFS,Smudger, why are you surprised.? After that complete and utter fiasco,I can''t blame anyone for taking the piss. We are a national laughing stock

If it''d been Ipswich who''d been stuffed seven,you''d have been one of the first on there to take the mick.;

I am surprised at the number of people who still stick up for Gunn, Smith and her nothing has changed regime.

we are nothing but a joke to the footballing world....i have had so much piss taken out of me at work and friends etc

I completly give up......city til i die, not so sure anymore?!

[quote user="Smudger"]I am surprised at the number of people who still stick up for Gunn, Smith and her nothing has changed regime.[/quote]

total mess! what is going on...i did see some big gunn fans looking rather bemused yesterday! can we get any lower!

Delia will still have her little happy clappy group of fans no matter what League we are in. Pathetic. Cant believe people are still supporting Delia when Keith Harris has confirmed she WONT sell the club

[quote user="Smudger"]

The Talksport presenters and the rest of the country texting in are ripping the piss out of Norwich, Delia and her fans and him and some other plank go on in complete support... [:|]

[/quote]

Smudger

Just wondered where this result would have figured on the NCISA schedule of "what happens when" I suggested at St Andrews Hall.

Don''t think even I thought that thislevel of result would be on the list for "cause for the first action"!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

Just wondered where this result would have figured on the NCISA schedule of "what happens when" I suggested at St Andrews Hall.

Don''t think even I thought that thislevel of result would be on the list for "cause for the first action"!!

[/quote]

Not sure that they have one Butler and from the little I know the club have not even agreed to meet with them again.

Several Capital Canaries are hoping to question Delia on Monday evening, I believe that is all that is on the menu for the foreseeable future.

Tilly looked like he wanted to throw himself in the river yesterday.

PS... Where is Nutty?

Is he still going to tell us that we are not a national joke this morning I wonder???

[quote user="Smudger"]

PS... Where is Nutty?

Is he still going to tell us that we are not a national joke this morning I wonder???

[/quote]

I can just hear the happy clappy brigade at this point next season saying ''Well we''ve got AFC Wimbledon at home this is our chance to rise from the ashes...''

When are we going to hit the bottom ? ( I know really - It''s when Southampton get 10 or more points)

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Smudger"]

PS... Where is Nutty?

[/quote]

I can just hear the happy clappy brigade at this point next season saying ''Well we''ve got AFC Wimbledon at home this is our chance to rise from the ashes...''

When are we going to hit the bottom ? ( I know really - It''s when Southampton get 10 or more points)

[/quote]

just 3 more games Waz and Southampton could climb above us.....

but dont worry.. we have Delia.. ;)

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"]

Tilly looked like he wanted to throw himself in the river yesterday.[/quote]

Never mind he''d probably have missed.

[quote user="Smudger"]

PS... Where is Nutty?

[/quote]

Nutty''s right here Smudger.

Now you and Butler were at St Andrews Hall, very close to me, for that meeting. If I remember rightly we took 3 votes. I voted to claim my "rebate" because it was the price I had signed up to for Third Division football and duly did so. I voted that I didn''t believe Gunn should have been given the job and am still of that opinion, nothing changed my mind in the summer and I''ll explain that later. The third was a vote of no confidence in the board which I quite readily agreed as I said at the time that it was impossible to have confidence in what was left after Munby and Doncaster went. I then spoke before the meeting closed asking the question "where do we go from here?" stating that we shouldn''t just let everything peter out over the close season. Which we did. After we left St Andrews Hall like we''d all been to a lovely play at the theatre.

Three months on and the season kicked off at home to Colchester. No friendlies inbetween for me. I followed the signings and most commentators, even the more critical on here (including yourself Smudge), seemed impressed. Not just by the quantity but also by the quality. We got a new CE and Chairman who I know nothing about but again people seemed impressed on here. So I took my usual place in the Barclay full of optimism as those who spoke to me will vouch. But within minutes that optimism was gone. The team carried on exactly the same way as they left off at The Valley. They were not prepared to compete to win a football match. They looked like a side playing another friendly while Col. U. were prepared and ready for a league game. The preparation of the side is totally the responsibility of the team manager and he had, just as at Charlton, failed to do that. A certain manager in our past used to say "we have to earn the right to play our football". And how that rang home yesterday. Colchester earned their right to play and rolled us over. The only Norwich player who stood up to them was Cody Mac and I cheered his goal for that reason alone.

So three months later and my opinion has not changed. Bryan Gunn may be able to assemble a squad but in my opinion he can''t select a team or motivate them. He has to go. If you and others are right and the squad we have is good enough then a change as simple as Gunn moving aside while Butterworth takes the reigns may be good enough.

Now Smudger - why were you looking for me when you knew all that anyway.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

Not sure that they have one Butler and from the little I know the club have not even agreed to meet with them again.

Several Capital Canaries are hoping to question Delia on Monday evening, I believe that is all that is on the menu for the foreseeable future.

[/quote]

Just to let you know Smudger that the wife got me home safely last night.

Morning to you Butler.The next NCISA Committee  meeting is on 19th August by which time we will have played 4 games.Then we should know whether yesterdays level of performance from both the team and the management is a sign of things to come.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Smudger"]I am surprised at the number of people who still stick up for Gunn, Smith and her nothing has changed regime.[/quote]

total mess! what is going on...i did see some big gunn fans looking rather bemused yesterday! can we get any lower!
[/quote]

Yes.That is the frightening thing.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course I''m hoping she and the long suffering MWJ will be there but I won''t be too surprised if a sudden unexpected '' emergency '' materialises tomorrow, will you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

PS... Where is Nutty?

[/quote]

Nutty''s right here Smudger.

Now you and Butler were at St Andrews Hall, very close to me, for that meeting. If I remember rightly we took 3 votes. I voted to claim my "rebate" because it was the price I had signed up to for Third Division football and duly did so. I voted that I didn''t believe Gunn should have been given the job and am still of that opinion, nothing changed my mind in the summer and I''ll explain that later. The third was a vote of no confidence in the board which I quite readily agreed as I said at the time that it was impossible to have confidence in what was left after Munby and Doncaster went. I then spoke before the meeting closed asking the question "where do we go from here?" stating that we shouldn''t just let everything peter out over the close season. Which we did. After we left St Andrews Hall like we''d all been to a lovely play at the theatre.

Three months on and the season kicked off at home to Colchester. No friendlies inbetween for me. I followed the signings and most commentators, even the more critical on here (including yourself Smudge), seemed impressed. Not just by the quantity but also by the quality. We got a new CE and Chairman who I know nothing about but again people seemed impressed on here. So I took my usual place in the Barclay full of optimism as those who spoke to me will vouch. But within minutes that optimism was gone. The team carried on exactly the same way as they left off at The Valley. They were not prepared to compete to win a football match. They looked like a side playing another friendly while Col. U. were prepared and ready for a league game. The preparation of the side is totally the responsibility of the team manager and he had, just as at Charlton, failed to do that. A certain manager in our past used to say "we have to earn the right to play our football". And how that rang home yesterday. Colchester earned their right to play and rolled us over. The only Norwich player who stood up to them was Cody Mac and I cheered his goal for that reason alone.

So three months later and my opinion has not changed. Bryan Gunn may be able to assemble a squad but in my opinion he can''t select a team or motivate them. He has to go. If you and others are right and the squad we have is good enough then a change as simple as Gunn moving aside while Butterworth takes the reigns may be good enough.

Now Smudger - why were you looking for me when you knew all that anyway.

[/quote]

Ahh just a simple yes or no to whether we find ourselves the butt of national jokes today or not would of sufficed Nutty.

All of what you say above is true.  Even I had some optimism prior to kick off yesterday, mainly down to the poor quality of every squad in this league.  I am not in slightest bit impressed by McNally or the other two board members.  I am not in the slightest bit impressed that a club with 25,000 fans through the turnstiles every week for the last few years has yet again left a promotion challenge to chance. 

We should have a manager and a squad that is able to guarantee us promotion from a league that is not much above the standard of a decent pub league on the whole.

Even I am gobsmacked by a 7-1 defeat at home to Colchester.   I would of defended better than the Doc and Ostomebor yesterday and they should never pull on a City shirt ever again.

So apparently the club is now the biggest joke in the world of football?Hmmm...Sounds like someone should do something about that.

Anyone?...

Didn''t think so.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Smudger"]I am surprised at the number of people who still stick up for Gunn, Smith and her nothing has changed regime.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully if we set this as the benchmark for how low this season/club can get, maybe losing 1-2 won''t be so bad in a few weeks time!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What did Dennis say?[/quote]Usually the opposite opinion of the majority.Mick Dennis is the ''resident expert'' with other clubs not just ours.  Generally speaking he''d argue the sky was pink in his writings just for the shock and controversial aspect,  always take him with a fist full of salt.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What did Dennis say?[/quote]

He said how he came out of the club holding poor old Delia''s hand on Saturday blahblahblah and that some City fans hurled abuse at them.

Doesn''t it just make your heart bleed for them??? [:''(]

[quote user="Smudger"]

He said how he came out of the club holding poor old Delia''s hand on Saturday blahblahblah and that some City fans hurled abuse at them.

[/quote]What the hell does that dipstick expect? i''m glad it kicked off after the game and i only expect it to get worse for her as the weeks go on, this is what is going to happen when you decide the best way to take the club forward after relegation is to appoint the man who helped take us down, i want promotion this season but if we lose a few more then she deserves everything that is coming her way!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]And MWJ was holding two pies, 20 fags and his cok

[quote user="Totally Mad"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And MWJ was holding two pies, 20 fags and his cok
[/quote]

I do not know which re-branded poster you are TM?

But that is the second comment in the last 48 hours or so that has made me nearly wet my pants with laughter... [:D]