Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

606 norwich caller

Yeah spot on... [Y]

Although he was of course missing out one vital point... the fact that Delia Smith and her boardroom members have made a profit on ever transfer window since we were relegated from the Premiership.

That is the factor that is more important than any other for where we find ourselves today.

I''ve got that queued up on my iPod so I''ll listen out cheers.

Talking of podcasts, check out the Coca Cola Football League podcast. Just listening to last weeks pre season episode with Michael Bridges in the studio.

He bigged Norwich up massively along with Leeds. Wonder what next weeks episode will say!

It was Shaun Lawson, aka the Bigfeller who wrote a fantastic post on here at the back end of last season, he''s usually found on WOTB, but have a search for his posts on this site as well.

Quality stuff, wasn''t it, he was also on Canary Call.

That was a precise and specific call with one point missing,that is the downward spiral has come with Delia (our only saviour ever!!) at the helm and resonsible for the appointments at the club.

Don''t be fooled that this club belongs to the fans as 95% did not want Gunn put in charge but we were powerless to do anything about it.

Priceless.....

[quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

Although he was of course missing out one vital point... the fact that Delia Smith and her boardroom members have made a profit on ever transfer window since we were relegated from the Premiership.

That is the factor that is more important than any other for where we find ourselves today.

[/quote]Smudger, do you understand the costs of running a football club?

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]

Smudger, do you understand the costs of running a football club?
[/quote]

Yes... I also understand that Delia Smith and her fat grubby little hubby do not have anywhere near enough money to run one the size of NCFC successfully.

It is a shame that some blinkered indivduals like yourself still can''t get to grips with that FACT.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]gerrin'' smudger

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]Smudger, do you understand the costs of running a football club?[/quote]

Yes... I also understand that Delia Smith and her fat grubby little hubby do not have anywhere near enough money to run one the size of NCFC successfully.

It is a shame that some blinkered indivduals like yourself still can''t get to grips with that FACT.

[/quote]Woah, that''s not what I was saying. I know perfectly well she has nowhere near enough money to run a football club of our size, but that''s the reason she has to make a profit out of the transfer season.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They can''t afford to run Kings Lynn even they are to big for them

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger is correct about the significant income from player trading, but this is only part of the vast sums of money that has flooded into the club in recent years. Other clubs would have used such income to secure short/medium term financial security and significantly reduce indebtedness.

The question is - why are our costs so totally out of control? The Turners jumped ship after making a grim discovery as to why this is. An annual wage bill of approaching £15m, with around half this being ''earned'' by the 128 non-playing staff is one pointer. Others are the £2.4m spent on ''office refurbishment'' in the 2007 Accounts, and around £1.5m on managerial departure settlements.

As ''Canary Crusade 1959'' posted back in June:

''Not since the Re-Election to the Football League, the Lord Mayor''s Appeal and the Blanket Collections of 1957 has our club been in such a shambolic state both on and off the pitch - an almost entirely asset stripped playing squad and a dire financial position involving debts of over £20M and rising

This is despite the Custodians having had hitherto unprecedented levels of resources at their disposal i.e. Premiership Income, Parachute Payments, Share Receipts, Land Sales, Loan Monies, Legacy Funds, Season Ticket/Gate Receipts, Net Transfer Fees and Other Income including of course "Lots of lovely New Investment" as revealed at last years Royal Norfolk Show

How this sorry state of affairs has been allowed to occur - one can but only speculate - has it actually been by design or has it been as a result of sheer incompetence?

Either way - as a supporter and follower of the Canaries since the early 1950''s - I find it heartbreaking to see our once great club - reduced to a laughing stock- within the wider soccer public of East Anglia and beyond''

What must he/she think of it all now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"][quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger is correct about the significant income from player trading, but this is only part of the vast sums of money that has flooded into the club in recent years. Other clubs would have used such income to secure short/medium term financial security and significantly reduce indebtedness.

The question is - why are our costs so totally out of control? The Turners jumped ship after making a grim discovery as to why this is. An annual wage bill of approaching £15m, with around half this being ''earned'' by the 128 non-playing staff is one pointer. Others are the £2.4m spent on ''office refurbishment'' in the 2007 Accounts, and around £1.5m on managerial departure settlements.

As ''Canary Crusade 1959'' posted back in June:

''Not since the Re-Election to the Football League, the Lord Mayor''s Appeal and the Blanket Collections of 1957 has our club been in such a shambolic state both on and off the pitch - an almost entirely asset stripped playing squad and a dire financial position involving debts of over £20M and rising

This is despite the Custodians having had hitherto unprecedented levels of resources at their disposal i.e. Premiership Income, Parachute Payments, Share Receipts, Land Sales, Loan Monies, Legacy Funds, Season Ticket/Gate Receipts, Net Transfer Fees and Other Income including of course "Lots of lovely New Investment" as revealed at last years Royal Norfolk Show

How this sorry state of affairs has been allowed to occur - one can but only speculate - has it actually been by design or has it been as a result of sheer incompetence?

Either way - as a supporter and follower of the Canaries since the early 1950''s - I find it heartbreaking to see our once great club - reduced to a laughing stock- within the wider soccer public of East Anglia and beyond''

What must he/she think of it all now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Spot on and thanks for that DEB... [Y]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah spot on... [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Woah, that''s not what I was saying. I know perfectly well she has nowhere near enough money to run a football club of our size, but that''s the reason she has to make a profit out of the transfer season.
[/quote]

As I am far too lazy DEB has kindly posted all the other reasons why she has not needed to make a profit out of each and every transfer window since relegation below.

Now it is quite simple... if she can''t contribute enough money to have a club of our size pushing for promotion to the Premiership then it is time that she stepped aside and let somebody else have a go.

As for the 3 new board members who have contributed zilch... they should step down with ASAP also.

Shaun has made some excellent points.  Just the sort of person I could do with actually![quote user="gazzathegreat"]It was Shaun Lawson, aka the Bigfeller who wrote a fantastic post on here at the back end of last season, he''s usually found on WOTB, but have a search for his posts on this site as well.

Quality stuff, wasn''t it, he was also on Canary Call.[/quote]