Sign in to follow this  
LQ

The only positive thing I can think of...

...is that there are still 135 points to play for.Whether this shower will actually grow some and ''play'' for them is a whole other story.Stuff here if you''re bored: [url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/anotherworld.aspx[/url]

And the plastic cutlery has been improved.

Instead of just a standard spork, they''ve got a special spork with a knife on one side of it. Very useful, makes easting the half time pie much easier.

So it''s not all bad.

Eating, that is obviously meant to be. Stupid non-existant ''edit'' button.

Thats true but why is it as Norwich fans we have to always think about how many games are left and how many points to play for there is,Saturdaywill never be forgotten and i''m still not sure what will happen in the coming months,will we struggle all season like that or was it a freak result and the team will get it''s act together and show us what they are really made of!?!

Can also be assured that Gunn promised on Canaries World that we won''t be beaten 7-1 again, and then qualified it with "at Carrow road" , so roll on Yeovil...

The most startling point for me about saturday was that we were trying to play football suited to the championship.Colchester anticipated this and were strong and physical- where as we gave the ball to Hoolahan and expected him to run the show. The sooner we (or Gunn and the coaching team) recognise that nicey nicey football wont do us any favours this year the better.If Gunn has realised that, then yes I would say losing the first match is worth it.

[quote user="CT "]The most startling point for me about saturday was that we were trying to play football suited to the championship.
Colchester anticipated this and were strong and physical- where as we gave the ball to Hoolahan and expected him to run the show.
The sooner we (or Gunn and the coaching team) recognise that nicey nicey football wont do us any favours this year the better.

If Gunn has realised that, then yes I would say losing the first match is worth it.
[/quote]

The trick in this League, if you want to call it a trick, is to be able to mix it up.  We played some nice football on Saturday going forward but I believe the team is also capable of getting stuck in as I expect we will have to do this week v Orient and Yeovil.  Play when allowed to or get stuck in if they won''t let you. 

I am confident you will sort it out.  Leicester took a while to get going last season while they "adjusted".

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Thats true but why is it as Norwich fans we have to always think about how many games are left and how many points to play for there is,Saturdaywill never be forgotten and i''m still not sure what will happen in the coming months,will we struggle all season like that or was it a freak result and the team will get it''s act together and show us what they are really made of!?![/quote]That''s true Phat and to be fair the 135 points comment was a little tongue in cheek.Anyone else remember Gunny last season "there are still 18 points to play for...", "there are still 12 points to play for..." etc etc?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="PhatCanary"]Thats true but why is it as Norwich fans we have to always think about how many games are left and how many points to play for there is,Saturdaywill never be forgotten and i''m still not sure what will happen in the coming months,will we struggle all season like that or was it a freak result and the team will get it''s act together and show us what they are really made of!?![/quote]That''s true Phat and to be fair the 135 points comment was a little tongue in cheek.Anyone else remember Gunny last season "there are still 18 points to play for...", "there are still 12 points to play for..." etc etc?

[/quote]

And he''s already going on about how many games we have left,he''s in a panic already imo and it''s rather worrying!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Why are the quotes doing that?[/quote]It''s this forum - if you''re not using IE (ick!) or Firefox the quotes don''t tend to work.Come on Pete, get the new software up and running![:P]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="PhatCanary"]Thats true but why is it as Norwich fans we have to always think about how many games are left and how many points to play for there is,Saturdaywill never be forgotten and i''m still not sure what will happen in the coming months,will we struggle all season like that or was it a freak result and the team will get it''s act together and show us what they are really made of!?![/quote]That''s true Phat and to be fair the 135 points comment was a little tongue in cheek.Anyone else remember Gunny last season "there are still 18 points to play for...", "there are still 12 points to play for..." etc etc?

[/quote] Remember it well , and it didnt take him long into his interview Saturday to mention there were still 45 games left , still cannot comprehend how this man has managed to end up with the managers job .

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]
 Remember it well , and it didnt take him long into his interview Saturday to mention there were still 45 games left , still cannot comprehend how this man has managed to end up with the managers job .
[/quote]

The guilt lies with the Stowmarket Two.

[quote user="Bleedin Question Mark"]

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"] Remember it well , and it didnt take him long into his interview Saturday to mention there were still 45 games left , still cannot comprehend how this man has managed to end up with the managers job .[/quote]

[/quote]

A     R    E    Y   O   U

A  N   O  P T  I C I   A  N 

I   N   Y  O  U  R

D   A  Y

J  O  B ?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Why are the quotes doing that?[/quote]

Go into tools and tick the compatability button, solved it for me, thanks Pete for your help

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bleedin Question Mark"]

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]
 Remember it well , and it didnt take him long into his interview Saturday to mention there were still 45 games left , still cannot comprehend how this man has managed to end up with the managers job .
[/quote]

[/quote]

A     R    E    Y   O   U

A  N   O  P T  I C I   A  N 

I   N   Y  O  U  R

D   A  Y

J  O  B ?

[/quote]

Ah The Stowmarket Two''s other gardner. Doesn''t say much does he?

[quote]Ah The Stowmarket Two''s other gardner. Doesn''t say much does he?[/quote]Well, I''m certainly not wailing and gnashing teeth because of the loss of only 3 points.  Yes, it''s 7 goals, but it''s still only 3 points.  And I''m kind of glad it was 7 goals, because now everyone at the club has an idea of what is facing them now.  No complacency from here on in you would hope.

LQ - the only positive thing as far as I am concerned is the publicity the two season tickets holders have given the club. They should not be banned or anything like that but given a season ticket for life (or would that be further punishment?).

Today at work I spoke to people who normally have no interest in football who asked why they did it. I gave them my opinion saying some of us had had all we can take, and with meetings, protests and everything else, these two have now put the club and its sorry state all over the back pages of the national press.

Quality stuff lads. We all owe you.

....is that those two fans have stood up and shown the national media what many fans think about the decline of our club. No hiding or spinning their actions away. Good on them.

And how pathetic did Gunn sound talking about the stewarding?

[quote user="CT "]The most startling point for me about saturday was that we were trying to play football suited to the championship.[/quote]Really?  I''m not sure passing it sideways and backwards with the occasional hoof up to Holt & Martin is "championship" football.  I thought we played a standard of football not out of place in the Blue Square Premier with the occasional bit of Ridgeons League defending and Powerleague goalkeeping thrown in.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Why are the quotes doing that?[/quote]

Go into tools and tick the compatability button, solved it for me, thanks Pete for your help

[/quote]

or if you have downloaded ie.8 recently (as I did at the turn of the year) you should have a little symbol just to the right of your address bar.  Click on that(Compatability View), it should read something like (correct issues on websites designed for older browsers).  That seemed to do the trick for me... [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Ah The Stowmarket Two''s other gardner. Doesn''t say much does he?[/quote]

Well, I''m certainly not wailing and gnashing teeth because of the loss of only 3 points.  Yes, it''s 7 goals, but it''s still only 3 points.  And I''m kind of glad it was 7 goals, because now everyone at the club has an idea of what is facing them now.  No complacency from here on in you would hope.
[/quote]

Why not blah???  Have you lost them??? [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Ah The Stowmarket Two''s other gardner. Doesn''t say much does he?[/quote]Well, I''m certainly not wailing and gnashing teeth because of the loss of only 3 points.  Yes, it''s 7 goals, but it''s still only 3 points.  And I''m kind of glad it was 7 goals, because now everyone at the club has an idea of what is facing them now.  No complacency from here on in you would hope.[/quote]

Why not blah???  Have you lost them??? [:P]

[/quote]Yes I have Smudger,fortunately though I found the holy grail and protected it from Nazis shortly afterwards when I watched Indiana Jones shortly after.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "]The most startling point for me about saturday was that we were trying to play football suited to the championship.[/quote]Really?  I''m not sure passing it sideways and backwards with the occasional hoof up to Holt & Martin is "championship" football.  I thought we played a standard of football not out of place in the Blue Square Premier with the occasional bit of Ridgeons League defending and Powerleague goalkeeping thrown in.

[/quote]I never said it was championship standard did i?