Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

pick the same team Vs a different XI...pros and cons

IMO Gunn surely has to go with an entirely different team tomorrow night, for one simple reason -

If he picks the same team and we take another hiding -people will be baying for his blood and asking why he didn''t make changes-and it maybe the last team he ever picks!

however if he picks a different team tomorrow and we got beaten, people are hardly going to say "he should have gone unchanged" after that sh!t on Saturday.

For the sake of self-preservation if nothing else, he must change it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

IMO Gunn surely has to go with an entirely different team tomorrow night, for one simple reason -

If he picks the same team and we take another hiding -people will be baying for his blood and asking why he didn''t make changes-and it maybe the last team he ever picks!

however if he picks a different team tomorrow and we got beaten, people are hardly going to say "he should have gone unchanged" after that sh!t on Saturday.

[/quote]

I''m afraid he cannot do that under the rules of the Carling Cup.  He has to field 60 per cent of the recognised first team which, in the first round, is 60 per cent of the squad you actually played on the pitch in your first game. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid he cannot do that under the rules of the Carling Cup.  He has to field 60 per cent of the recognised first team which, in the first round, is 60 per cent of the squad you actually played on the pitch in your first game. 

[/quote]

I don''t think thats true of the Carling Cup (unless theyve changed the rules for this season?) -just look at Arsenal last season.

I''m sure there is however a rule as your suggesting in in JPT.

My guess is that the only change will be Tom A in for OTJ who is unavailable. My reason is that management will believe that their selection on Saturday was right, that one performance, however poor, does not disprove this, and that their post-match analysis of the mistakes, and training ground efforts to eradicate them, will be sufficiently effective to enable the same team to do the job right at Yeovil and start to make amends for Saturday''s failure

Is Stefanovic still on the books? Could he play, as he would help organise that shambles, and add a little composure. Although, we would still lack pace at the back.

Just an idea.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I would like to see Askou, Spillane, Adeyemi and McDonald all come into the starting line-up.[/quote]

I agree 100%

If I was those 4 players I would be very upset not to make the starting 11 on tuesday.

From all reports Spillane and Adeyemi have been nothing but class in the pre-season

Cody does nothing but score goals...........

Askou should play because his name isn''t Nelson or Doherty!