Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Delia's Two main problems

1) She is not rich enough. This is a problem, but not insurmountable. With a decent manager, scouting system & youith academy Championship status should be easily within reach - being consistently in the Prem. would be difficult but not impossible. However, these possibilities are completely undermined by2) She has a completely different agenda to any other NCFC fan. She does not see it primarily as a football club, but as a community. A Christian community.Never, ever forget she is a committed Christian who has written books on the subject.When you read her feelings about NCFC it is that feeling of community that appeals to her most deeply. She wants to make the club the embodiment of a caring, compassionate society - with room for everybody.And that is one huge problem. In her domain, nice people get their just rewards. So Gunny gets to be manager. The ruthless, nasty decisions you have to make to succeed in real life never get made - or made far, far too late.She is not just an Egoist. It''s worse than that. She gets her direction from a Higher Authority; I seem to remember her saying she''s a great believer in prayer. Perhaps she''s praying to the wrong deity.I wonder what VIYAG thinks?

I don''t normally bump my own threads, but has nobody got an opinion on this? Do you think I''m wrong &, if so, why?It explains why she has so much difficulty finding the "right" buyer. Don''t forget SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO SELL. She is rich enough to sustain her vision of the club for a long time yet. That is why this is an important issue.

Someone else said on a post weeks ago that her main flaw is that she loves the club too much and her best thing is she loves the club too much too...

I just want her to step aside and do the right thing, get someone in and take up some other role in the club.

Actually Ron you have put it across very well indeed and you are spot on.

I could not possibly have posted that message without sounding like a bigot,

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I don''t normally bump my own threads, but has nobody got an opinion on this? Do you think I''m wrong &, if so, why?
It explains why she has so much difficulty finding the "right" buyer.

Don''t forget SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO SELL. She is rich enough to sustain her vision of the club for a long time yet. That is why this is an important issue.

[/quote]

I remember a while back a very pro-Delia poster- who often posted as though he were "close" to the two- wrote something along the lines of "Delia often makes decisions based on her prayers, but the man upstairs has let her down quite alot lately".  I responded in a fairly shocked "Are you serious?" kind of way and he maintained that he was.

Is our club being used as a front for one persons Christian crusade?  This is ridiculous, she has got to go.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Well its all become so obvious now - this 7-1 defeat has been sent to test our faith! Just like Dinosaur fossils....[/quote]

They`re not dinosaur fossils, they`re just funny patterns in the rock.....[A]

Seriously though ron, i`d be interested in how you know about all this?  I`m not trying to start an argument but i cannot see how anyone can be generally pro-Delia (and i think you have been) whilst knowing that she bases big decisions on what voices she hears whilst praying??  It really is no wonder we`re in this state if that is true is it?

Great post Ron.I''ve been dodging lots of the noise on here - is it just me, or does the overall standard of literacy fall by the day? - but, despite disagreeing with your standpoint in the past, I knew your post would be worth reading. And I wasn''t mistaken; it articulated my thoughts and feelings exactly. Furthermore I think these thoughts are shared between many posters on this forum and infact, they are the fuel behind much of the confrontational behaviour. I am personally sure to direct critical and acerbic posts at those I perceive to represent the "community first" mentality, borne out of sheer frustration and a desire to expose, upset and challenge exactly the kind of features you mention, features of the community institution that Delia has built, and those that define and control so much of our modern fanbase: those "disciples" who quite explicitly state they have no concern what standard or level of football we are operating at, those seemingly amputated from the passion of the game, instead prioritising comfort, family-orientated entertainment and pleasantry above all else.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Well its all become so obvious now - this 7-1 defeat has been sent to test our faith! Just like Dinosaur fossils....[/quote]

Seriously though ron, i`d be interested in how you know about all this?  I`m not trying to start an argument but i cannot see how anyone can be generally pro-Delia (and i think you have been) whilst knowing that she bases big decisions on what voices she hears whilst praying??  It really is no wonder we`re in this state if that is true is it?

[/quote]Could be worse, Ronnie Reagan used to make decisions based on numerology.  If Gorbachevs'' name had been mis-spelled with an O instead of an E in his briefing papers, St. Petersburg would be dust now.And yes, that sound is the sound of another of my straws breaking...

I agree entirely Ron. They regard it as success to have award winning community programmes and full stands even if the product on the pitch is going down the pan. I remember doncaster in particular saying whether you regarded the club as successful depends on what you see as its key aims and objectives and they made it clear they saw it being a resource for the community as the main aim.

I''m not saying those things are not important for a club but they should be secondary to the performance of the team.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Great post Ron.I''ve been dodging lots of the noise on here - is it just me, or does the overall standard of literacy fall by the day? - but, despite disagreeing with your standpoint in the past, I knew your post would be worth reading. And I wasn''t mistaken; it articulated my thoughts and feelings exactly. Furthermore I think these thoughts are shared between many posters on this forum and infact, they are the fuel behind much of the confrontational behaviour. I am personally sure to direct critical and acerbic posts at those I perceive to represent the "community first" mentality, borne out of sheer frustration and a desire to expose, upset and challenge exactly the kind of features you mention, features of the community institution that Delia has built, and those that define and control so much of our modern fanbase: those "disciples" who quite explicitly state they have no concern what standard or level of football we are operating at, those seemingly amputated from the passion of the game, instead prioritising comfort, family-orientated entertainment and pleasantry above all else.[/quote]But that''s the aim of most of the football league, to get those people, that''s why clubs spend more on grounds than transfers - and most of those people don''t post on here anyway.

''Not even the baby Jesus could get us out of this mess''.

Ha ha, perhaps the best quote this season!

The real answer here is accountability. The Stowmarket 2 haven''t been accountable too the fans for a long time and when you lose accountability you start to lose the plot. This happens in any sphere of life whether it be football, business or politics. People start to believe they are untouchable and that the views of what they see as a minority are irrelevant. Especially when they have a ''masterplan'' in there head for the way things should be. The comment from Harris that Delia has no intention of selling are in my mind the most important piece of news to come out about this farce that is our club in a long time. As was pointed out at the St. Andrews Hall meeting, no one is going to invest and plough millions into a business in which they are expected to play second fiddle so is it any wonder we can''t find investment? The solution is sadly clear. When people lose accountability and refuse to leave then there is only 1 course or action, and that is too force them out. This now is the only way to get our Football Club back.

I blame it on the J W Convention just before the start of the season.

So much alternative prayers drowning out Delias voices.

The team are frightened to come out ib case they are accosted ![:D]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]The real answer here is accountability. The Stowmarket 2 haven''t been accountable too the fans for a long time and when you lose accountability you start to lose the plot. This happens in any sphere of life whether it be football, business or politics. People start to believe they are untouchable and that the views of what they see as a minority are irrelevant. Especially when they have a ''masterplan'' in there head for the way things should be. The comment from Harris that Delia has no intention of selling are in my mind the most important piece of news to come out about this farce that is our club in a long time. As was pointed out at the St. Andrews Hall meeting, no one is going to invest and plough millions into a business in which they are expected to play second fiddle so is it any wonder we can''t find investment? The solution is sadly clear. When people lose accountability and refuse to leave then there is only 1 course or action, and that is too force them out. This now is the only way to get our Football Club back. [/quote]Now might be a good time to get a supporters group to demand a meeting with the CEO to thrash out some concerns, I would think.

I think I''m right in saying, that just prior to the decision being made to appoint Worthy full time as manager (he had been caretaker manager), she had gone to pray that she was making the correct decision at the shrine in Walsingham.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]Thamks for the response guys!I used to get really hacked of with the Delia-as-uber-bitch-scummer-egomaniac threads that appeared on here with monotonous regularity a while ago, because I really couldn''t see any evidence for it. It is, however, obvious that something is amiss &, from what I''ve seen & read about her, this seems a much more likely explanation.I honestly think she is a nice person who wants the World to be a better place, but it''s difficult to create a little paradise in a fallen planet & a football club is not the place to start.The problem with religion - & idealism generally - is that it has a fixed view of how the World should be & cannot deal with things that go contrary to that view. It should theoretically be possible to run a Christian, caring NCFC, but in the real world ..... well, we can see what''s happening.I think I feel the same way about her that I did about the ban-the-bomb ers; it would be wonderful if everyone was the same, but unfortunately someone, somewhere is waiting their chance .....Are you there VIYAG ?

Never, ever forget she is a committed Christian who has written books on the subject.

[/quote]

Not quite accurate.  A priest called Ron Rolheiser wrote the books and she added her "name" to help them reach a wider audience - nothing wrong with that as such (and arguably boost her Saint Delia image into the bargain).  You have to read very carefully between the lines to realise that they weren''t all her own work.

PS.  I''m a Catholic Christian as is Delia.

Doesn''t she have to retire when she reaches 70 years old, I thought that was part of the clubs constitution.

She is not just an Egoist. It''s worse than that. She gets her direction from a Higher Authority; I seem to remember her saying she''s a great believer in prayer.

[/quote]

Delia''s "Higher Authority" is Delia.  Her ego is her deity and that''s what''s really scary.

[quote user="ron obvious"]1) She is not rich enough. 2) She has a completely different agenda to any other NCFC fan. She does not see it primarily as a football club, but as a community. A Christian community.[/quote]So why do we have a goalkeeper who can''t cope with crosses?

Ron, you may well be right. It''s frightening reading isn''t it?

Whether or not she, or any of us, are committed Christians or not, we have to remember that NCFC is a football club, and while it''s fine to have upstanding morals and good intent, when these values extend to letting completely incompetent staff hand on to their jobs, someone has to step in and advise her that really, she should make some harder decisions, or if she feels unable to do so, to have someone else do it for her.

And for me, therein lies the problem. Her ego (fuelled in no small manner by a faction of supporters who come to the match because of her - believe me, there are some) has become NCFC''s downfall. When things are going well she will bask in the glory, when things are not going well, she has her staff do the dirty work. It''s not just a highly dangerous or laughable policy, it extends to seeking publicity outside of sport, witnessed in her recent cookery series, where there were a significant number of cameo pieces of her and her family at the club, including match days.

While this, you could say is all welcome publicity for Norwich, you could also argue that it cements a focus on everything but football. We are known in some quarters as Delia Smith''s Norwich City, and sadly this seems to have become fact in her mind.

Whether or not Michael is party to her beliefs I am unsure, but someone has to spell it out to her before things turn nasty, as they will, should Saturday''s fiasco become a norm on Saturdays.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

She is not just an Egoist. It''s worse than that. She gets her direction from a Higher Authority; I seem to remember her saying she''s a great believer in prayer.

[/quote]

Delia''s "Higher Authority" is Delia.  Her ego is her deity and that''s what''s really scary.

[/quote]So she''s a total hypocrite then? I don''t buy that. It''s just a basic problem with religion - ultlmately you have no way of telling whether the voices in your head are generated internally or externally.Nice one Mr. Chops!

You won''t get a response from VIYAG i''m afraid. He had enough of the religious arguments that a few posters insisted on starting, even when the Vic was trying to talk about football. Shame really, because he always made some really good points. I for one hope he re-registers with a new name.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So she''s a total hypocrite then? I don''t buy that. It''s just a basic problem with religion - ultlmately you have no way of telling whether the voices in your head are generated internally or externally.

[/quote]

Not exactly.  She thinks it''s God telling her what she wants to hear.

Speaking personally my faith has nothing to do with voices in my head or "experiences" of any other kind - perhaps you''re getting confused with the occult?