Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

10 Million, and not a penny less!.

It would appear from rumours circulating in the national press, that Arsenal, and Man Utd, are interested in signing Greeno.

If, and I say if, then we should demand 10 million at the very least, why?. 

He was the best keeper by a mile in the 1st division.

I believe he IS the best keeper in the Premiership.

And I also believe him to be Englands No1. As he surely would be, if he did go to either clubs.

Taking those points into consideration, and, as I believe those two clubs are very clever at unsettling players they want.Then my philosophy is quite simple.

Make the b***ers pay through the nose!.

Or am I mad and looking through my yellow and green specs again. 

If the price on his head was £6mill prior to the Spurs game then surely the two performances against them and Villa yesterday have added at least £2mill to that price. The scary thing is that he keeps getting better every week. If he does move on to a "big" club like Arsenal or Manure I''m sure that, not only will he become the best goalkeeper in this country but potentially the world.

[quote]It would appear from rumours circulating in the national press, that Arsenal, and Man Utd, are interested in signing Greeno. If, and I say if, then we should demand 10 million at the very least, wh...[/quote]

Quite agree with you Wizard and I also hope the whole 10m is given to Worthy to spend on new players.

The talk in the paper of £5 million seems far too cheap. A couple of good quality outfield players plus thieir wages for a couple of years is more like twice that amount The saves that green makes could keep Norwich up in the premiership which is worth a lot more than £5 mill.

Given his form at the moment, no bid should be considered until the close season. once safety has been achieved then and only then can we be in a position to sell Green. A few million pounds and relegation or safety and 20-25 million??? the options are that stark. Green is inspired and in the most important season in Norwich Citys history, the needs of Manure and the Arse come nowhere on my scale of priorities im afraid.   

Since when has a goalkeeper commanded a fee of £10million, Buffon yes but that was in the days of silly money, realistically we could get up to £5m, but remember fees above £3m might secure Greeno.

When not if Greeno goes which at soonest will be at the end of this season, lets be thankful we have enjoyed his undoubted abilities for 4 seasons, best of luck Rob sincerely hope to be testing you next season.

I think the fickle national media and us should remember their propensity to build someone up in order to knock them down. Its in our national psyche now it seems. Not quite the same, but just recently Sturrock was the next best manager thing, tipped to be future Scotland boss. Suddenly he''s gone, yesterday''s news, and now watches games at Torquay, so I read this morning.

Lets remember that Green is great, but only one howler away from national media rebuke. He''s only played 6 games in the Prem!

As for his value to the team, I look at it this way. If he goes in Jan and we use the money to buy, I dunno, a Nathan Ellington or someone for about the same amount, and then Gallacher does the business for us.... that''s progress isn''t it?

Good sentiments Wizard.

I think we need to ask how come we signed both Gallacher and Ward if Greeno is not booked to be sold in January, or certainly at the end of the season - would you have come to Carrow Road as an international goalkeeper to be 2nd or 3rd choice unless you had been given some assurances?

The key is to get as much as possible for him - £10 million seems cool to me.

All goal keepers make mistakes and so Greeno will soon be out of the limelight. Many players have gone this route; does nayone remember a goal keeper called Richard Wright? No thought not - he was once the next best thing in English goalkeeping...Not that I''m saying Greeno will fade, just that all this talk is a bit premature after 6 games. At least, I hope it is.

[quote]Since when has a goalkeeper commanded a fee of £10million, Buffon yes but that was in the days of silly money, realistically we could get up to £5m, but remember fees above £3m might secure Greeno. W...[/quote]

Peter: According to BBC teletext today (quite reliable?) Worthy was quoted as saying something on the lines of:  

''Never say never. He (Green) is on a long contract, and we don''t need to sell him. And if some other team really wants him, then they had better come to us with a very big cheque book!''.

Say no more.

There is absolutely no way in today''s market that Green would fetch 10 million.   Even at the end of a season during which he performed consistently well and (hopefully) contributed to our survival we wouldn''t get 10 million squid for him, let alone after 6 premiership games.  Pure insanity! 

[quote]Peter: According to BBC teletext today (quite reliable?) Worthy was quoted as saying something on the lines of: ''Never say never. He (Green) is on a long contract, and we don''t need to sell him. An...[/quote]

ummm wiz, sounds a bit too much like the old days to me, what say you?

[quote]ummm wiz, sounds a bit too much like the old days to me, what say you?[/quote]

Gazza: Totaly agree with you, we''ve been there girl, and both got the teeshirts, yes?. Can''t you just picture the board members rubbing their hands with anticipated glee, a la Scrooge style?. But I think it will still happen, in January maybe?.

You know how sneaky Manure United can be at unsettling players, Louis Saha being 1 case in mind!.

Carles: Insanity eh, then why not?, make it hurt in the wallet!. It takes ones who suffers from that dreadful malady, to recognise it in others my friend!.

I could see Greeno''s fee getting towards 10mil.  I certainly wouldn''t want us to accept anything under 6mil for him.  No disrespect to Norwich but I''m sure Greeno sees himself at an Arsenal or a Man Utd in the coming years.  A player of his quality has to go to a top top club